Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    From the journo who really broke this as happening a few weeks ago...

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/m...276188626.html

Details very good here... e.g. a stake in Miami but not in a new team.
    Paywalled? The journo's name? Gist of the details?

I know about a year ago, Sam May reported- 17MAY22 the offer was about a 35% stake. I do not believe it got major traction; I assumed he was generally ignored. I think Michelle Kaufman at the MH may have done some follow-up reporting. I suspect some of the issue was who would be/was giving up their shares? The dilemma being an IMCF valuation would obviously increase with the addition of Messi the player but any potential gain/growth would be off-set with the loss or sale of one's shares. According to some of the information on the internet, IMCF shares were divided as following: the Mas Brothers @ 37.5%, Marcelo Claure @ 37.5 %, Masayoshi Son @ 15% and David Beckham @ 10%. In 2021 there were reports both Claure and Son wanted to sell their shares, which apparently happened, being then subsequently sold to the Mases' and Beckham with Ares management as a preferred equity investor. I guess the equity investor will now get their payday. Maybe it ends up being Mases' with 50%, Messi with 35% and Beckham with 15%?
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 06-07-2023 at 10:23 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FWIW, a great vacay city to visit. Maybe some pleasure mixed with business? Hmmm, what else is in NYC, at 420, 5th Ave, Fl 7?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OMG! There goes that neighbourhood? I mean, throw a dart at 'Eastern Europe' and you are bound to get a decent 'baller. Do some homework, and I believe you can get budget gems.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OMG! There goes that neighbourhood? I mean, throw a dart at 'Eastern Europe', some of their leagues, and you are bound to get a decent 'baller. Do some homework, and I believe you can get budget gems.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    OMG! There goes that neighbourhood? I mean, throw a dart at 'Eastern Europe', some of their leagues, and you are bound to get a decent 'baller. Do some homework, and I believe you can get budget gems.

Bez really knows how to steal Miami’s thunder.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Slow, steady, not necessarily flashy. Reminds me of a duck. All calm and graceful, gliding, above the waterline. Yet, paddling as fook underneath, always trying to make his team more competitive; better.
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 06-09-2023 at 09:49 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do not ever talk about insigne or Bernadeschi unless you played the game...jlommm please tell me how you're so connected...iddiot..you guys know nothing...this is a fraud..ogm..you suck

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hacked? This is a bit left field? A little early in the evening for this? Everything ok? Commenting, rationally and respectfully is allowed. Maybe consider giving it a try? Encourage you to let go of the animosity. Challenge their points; no need to make it personal if you disagree with their views. IIUC, jloome has a journalistic/media background and OtD is a universal individual. Both know and contribute enough to be very well respected in this community.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jozy bought out twice in 18 months

Surely we can't be on the books now for anymore of that...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is Jozys agent the GOAT? Its absolutely incredible what he has secured for his client long long long after he was a completely spent force

Manning and vanney going to start a bidding war on this one?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And...no...we do not want him taking up a roster space and minimum cap...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I wanted an oft injured under performing striker, I’d just turn to one of the other ones we have on the roster.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah we've already got our dollar store knockoff of Jozy named Adama Diomande.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i would bet Jozy is going to be signed as a cheap depth striker somewhere in MLS.

But probably better if it were elsewhere. He would be a distraction here, his presence would be huge relative to his likely contribution.
    "There are some people who might have better technique than me, and some may be fitter than me, but the main thing is tactics. With most players, tactics are missing. You can divide tactics into insight, trust, and daring." - Johan Cruyff

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    i would bet Jozy is going to be signed as a cheap depth striker somewhere in MLS.
    I'll be shocked if Vanney doesn't pick him up at LA to come off the bench after Chicharito went down for the season. Joveljic can't play 90 so they'll need somebody and you know Vanney loves him some 2017 nostalgia.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    I'll be shocked if Vanney doesn't pick him up at LA to come off the bench after Chicharito went down for the season. Joveljic can't play 90 so they'll need somebody and you know Vanney loves him some 2017 nostalgia.
    Dunno. Jozy also made Vanney's life difficult the last couple of years. But I see your point.

I think he winds up at SKC or some such. Not a big opinion.
    "There are some people who might have better technique than me, and some may be fitter than me, but the main thing is tactics. With most players, tactics are missing. You can divide tactics into insight, trust, and daring." - Johan Cruyff

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dunno. Jozy also made Vanney's life difficult the last couple of years. But I see your point.
    There is big desperation there now so I wouldn't be surprised. Really we should be trying to hock Akinola there for whatever we can get. We need to dump dead weight before moving on to 2024.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    There is big desperation there now so I wouldn't be surprised. Really we should be trying to hock Akinola there for whatever we can get. We need to dump dead weight before moving on to 2024.
    He’s been so ineffective, Akinoka, but given Vanney was the manager who converted him to striker maybe that isn’t far fetched.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Scott Arfield just signed with Charlotte. Wonder if we ever showed interest? Feels like a low-TAM level AM. He does defend a bit but not much.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That’s an interesting one, not much expected. I’m probably in the minority but I think I’d rather we build intelligently and with balance with guys like this, Hoilett, etc. Canadian national team players to play at the National grounds. Of course, no doubt many TFC goers are not Nats supporters but on the other hand having Italian Nats supporters is not really sustainable unless we keep well known Italians on the roster always. Now, yeah, unless MLS aligns with the international calendar having national team players is not a good idea. Crazy thing for a league though to discourage those kind of signings.

It doesn’t seem Arfield was offered an extension at Rangers and si his options in Scotland must have been limited. This might be a below TAM signing. Not sure that he’s a 90 min player any more but off the bench he’s been really good with Rangers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by los sonadores View Post
    That’s an interesting one, not much expected. I’m probably in the minority but I think I’d rather we build intelligently and with balance with guys like this, Hoilett, etc. Canadian national team players to play at the National grounds. Of course, no doubt many TFC goers are not Nats supporters but on the other hand having Italian Nats supporters is not really sustainable unless we keep well known Italians on the roster always. Now, yeah, unless MLS aligns with the international calendar having national team players is not a good idea. Crazy thing for a league though to discourage those kind of signings.
    I think we're already sort of clearing that bar, no? To me, it's important to have a few Canadians on the roster who play meaningful roles but beyond that I think any acquisitions should be about fit.

The big opportunity to increase can-con is fixing the academy. IMO we need to stop promoting guys who are raw with supposedly high ceilings. Instead, we need to make sure guys who hit the first team are ready to play above all else. If they need further development the academy or TFC2 can't offer, send them out on loan. We should not be watching someone like Nelson play erratically and then selling him 2 years later. In no way was that exercise worth it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any links/ideas about which MLS club?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ I doubt it's Canada.

We disrespected them, that just wouldn’t play well at home. They don’t forget things like that.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

probably the revs, they just let altidore go so have an open forward spot.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That looks like a Fire move...

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So I'm not on here for a day & nobody is talking about Busquets to Miami as a DP?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    So I'm not on here for a day & nobody is talking about Busquets to Miami as a DP?
    Mostly because it seems kind of old news.

This might be the first DM as a DP since JDG.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mostly because it seems kind of old news.

This might be the first DM as a DP since JDG.
    I think Joao Paolo qualifies as a DM. He’s just very, very good at distributing the ball from deep lying positions so it doesn’t feel like you just paid big money just for a battering ram.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Think even Matias Laba was technically a DP at least for the 5 minutes he was with us, too, right?