Page 12 of 138 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Yup unless Bob wants to do 3-5-2 and has zero faith in O'Neill & MacNaughton.
    I’d like to see MacNaughton next to hedges in a back 3. With someone ordering him around a few of those weaknesses we saw last year might vaporize. All around I think he’s a useful player and could grow more useful with additional playing time

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    I’d like to see MacNaughton next to hedges in a back 3. With someone ordering him around a few of those weaknesses we saw last year might vaporize. All around I think he’s a useful player and could grow more useful with additional playing time
    Agree. Thought we would have seen that tried by now given skill set of Petretta and Richie.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yuushalinsky View Post
    Seems kind of weird that we'd be looking for yet another CB.
    maybe o'neill's headaches are worse than we thought.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC brings in two TFC2 on short term loans

Bradley has summoned a pair of midfielders — 18-year-old Markus Cimermancic and 23-year-old Alonso Coello Camarero — on short-term loans from Toronto FC II.

https://nationalpost.com/pmn/sports-pmn/toronto-fc-missing-players-through-injury-and-international-duty-for-game-in-san-jose

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Finally! From the horse's mouth...

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    Finally! From the horse's mouth...

b-but red could be the colour of ANY team!

I'm pretty sure this should speak volumes - a man's hair is his confidence.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^/^^

Italy's most widely read daily newspaper of any kind... La Gazzetta dello Sport... on Lolo's new look... 'Capelli Rosso Fuoco' / Fire Red Hair!

Message reverberating?

https://www.gazzetta.it/nuovaricerca...html?q=insigne
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 03-26-2023 at 01:13 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yuushalinsky View Post
    b-but red could be the colour of ANY team!

I'm pretty sure this should speak volumes - a man's hair is his confidence.
    Well said.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC/Everton View Post
    Well said.
    I think after 2-3 games Insigne is going to light it up.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SenorDingDong View Post
    I think after 2-3 games Insigne is going to light it up.
    Hopefully we toss Berna & him at forward and just let them run at defenses until we get a 9 in July.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hopefully we toss Berna & him at forward and just let them run at defenses until we get a 9 in July.
    Personally I feel the DP slot should be used for MB's replacement. I think that position is more critical. We already have 2 DP's who can score.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Personally I feel the DP slot should be used for MB's replacement. I think that position is more critical. We already have 2 DP's who can score.
    I think a TAM can cover DM if scouted properly and our defense has been solid enough with him out there so a younger, maneuverable TAM level player should be able to do the job.

Problem up front is that neither Berna or Insigne is a true striker and worse, if one of them gets injured then we have nobody else good enough to replace the lost goals or the attention that the remaining uninjured one will receive from opposing teams. That's why we have little going on offensively now, too much attention on Berna. If we had someone else capable of deserving some respect from opposing defenses by netting a few then we probably would have turned a few of these draws into wins and I worry about that as the season goes on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think a TAM can cover DM if scouted properly and our defense has been solid enough with him out there so a younger, maneuverable TAM level player should be able to do the job.

Problem up front is that neither Berna or Insigne is a true striker and worse, if one of them gets injured then we have nobody else good enough to replace the lost goals or the attention that the remaining uninjured one will receive from opposing teams. That's why we have little going on offensively now, too much attention on Berna. If we had someone else capable of deserving some respect from opposing defenses by netting a few then we probably would have turned a few of these draws into wins and I worry about that as the season goes on.
    Fully agree. Plus, a top level striker with Berna and Insigne would take a lot of pressure off the rest of the team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kamp Berg View Post
    Fully agree. Plus, a top level striker with Berna and Insigne would take a lot of pressure off the rest of the team.
    Especially with the defense looking so solid.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kamp Berg View Post
    But I don't think we should be looking for a traditional target #9. I thought about this a lot and think a more manueverable #9 would be the way to go. Someone to make runs to stretch the defense to open holes for everyone else. Like for instance a player like a prime aged and not injured Altidore. If we had that type of of player making those back post runs from the middle and also able to move around the box to pull out defenders then that would probably change everything. His play was a big part of Giovinco's success.

*** And not Lukaku ***

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But I don't think we should be looking for a traditional target #9. I thought about this a lot and think a more manueverable #9 would be the way to go. Someone to make runs to stretch the defense to open holes for everyone else. Like for instance a player like a prime aged and not injured Altidore. If we had that type of of player making those back post runs from the middle and also able to move around the box to pull out defenders then that would probably change everything. His play was a big part of Giovinco's success.

*** And not Lukaku ***
    Big strike with soft feet. Benteke, Giakoumakis etc. One of those type of guys.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    A player who would be good that wouldn't break the bank but we couldn't get would be Dike.

But he is injured too much.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

JMR gets his first TOTW nod for his performance on Saturday - it looks like he's starting off on the right foot here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A player who would be good that wouldn't break the bank but we couldn't get would be Dike.

But he is injured too much.
    Bright Dike?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Bright Dike?
    No Daryl. His brother I believe. The guy that went from Orlando to West Brom.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No Daryl. His brother I believe. The guy that went from Orlando to West Brom.
    I was being a bit of a smart ass. Are they related though? I actually didn't know that.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    I was being a bit of a smart ass. Are they related though? I actually didn't know that.
    I had to go look it up and yes, they are brothers.

The youngest of five siblings, Dike's eldest brother, Bright Dike, was also a first round MLS Superdraft pick in 2010 and has played for the Nigerian national team.[45] His sister, Courtney, was capped by Nigeria and made two appearances at the 2015 FIFA Women's World Cup. He is the cousin of Nigeria international striker Emmanuel Emenike.[46]

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I totally agree we have two diamonds in the forward position but I’m not sold on any of the midfielders , Oso has had maybe two or three good games since last summer, Mark Anthony has been very inconsistent, Servania , jury still out, and Michael Bradley is starting to show his age.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This makes the most - sustainable - sense.

A point against putting Insigne up front is that he’s the opposite in every way of a sure-footed striker, including having the worst shooting percentage in the league last season. Both he and Bernie would benefit from a genuinely good striker.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The thing with that is I don't think we have the cap space to do that (add a TAM midfielder plus another DP at striker). We're using Oso as a DP now. The team says it's for "accounting reasons", but I think it's more than that. I think there is just no space. And the only way to bring in a DP is when Laryea s loan ends and not bringing him back. Shifting Oso to his TAM slot and then one DP in whatever position can be brought in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jesus H, according to Whoscored, Jakheel won TWELVE tackles in that game. That's insane.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jesus H, according to Whoscored, Jakheel won TWELVE tackles in that game. That's insane.
    He’s in TOTW. I thought he was decent but looks like there was a lot I missed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    He’s in TOTW. I thought he was decent but looks like there was a lot I missed.
    yeah, he also passed at a 91% clip. Bradley was 92%, Franklin completed 100% of his passes plus one key pass to boot.

JMR also had three blocks, a pair of successful dribbles. They rated him at 7.97

Bernadeschi had statistically his worst game, completing just 74% of his passes, lowest on the team. From the number of ill-advised attempts to beat a marker on the dribble in the second half, he must've felt substantial pressure get a goal, given everyone being gone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, great!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeh, its funny - better defensively then anything Richie would be but couldn't link up with Bernadeschi at all and left him out on an island.