Page 11 of 138 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    It also might be that Richie doesn't want to give up another shot over there, and Championship clubs Hull, Blackburn and Huddersfield have all shown interest in the past. They might well cough up more than we'd pay, AND Richie might want another shot, if he's told he's going to start.

Lots of variables still.
    True but his stock would have been at it's highest just pre-WC and post-WC if he and we did something good. That didn't happen so I think his value is lower again. Also after his last English experience you couldn't say he would be guaranteed to even see minutes muchless start anywhere over there. Totally depends what he wants but it'd be risky to have a lost year in the Championship at his age. Thirty is coming up fast.

If it were me and I got the money here I would probably take it and be happy starting for another 4-5 years and be sure to be in the driver's seat at RB for 2026.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good point. But a buy clause can be set at whatever the selling club wants, basically. So it could be deliberately prohibitive, or a tough call.

It also might be that Richie doesn't want to give up another shot over there, and Championship clubs Hull, Blackburn and Huddersfield have all shown interest in the past. They might well cough up more than we'd pay, AND Richie might want another shot, if he's told he's going to start.

Lots of variables still.
    Yeah, reason and whatever news there has or hasn’t been to date all suggest Richie’s fate is far from decided.

Included in all of that is if we can afford Richie, even on his current wage.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Even buying Richie, he on $1.275M right now. DP salary is $1.6 million. Transfer fees get allocated to the cap. If his fee is say $1M, to amortize it, he'd need a 4-5 year contract just to keep it under DP level (or have the full fee applied and he's our DP for a year - is that even allowed under MLS rules?).

An alternative I could see is for us to just keep renewing the loan. He stays at a NF player, but we get him on say a 2 year loan extension, so we keep him at his current salary, but without the DP risk/higher cap hit. If we can do that, that'd be good.

Quote Originally Posted by los sonadores View Post
    Included in all of that is if we can afford Richie, even on his current wage.
    This too. I think we're at the cap limit because we have so much TAM being used, which is why Osorio is using a DP slot (ie. we probably can't even add a third DP if we keep Richie). We might have to let Richie go just to be able to add a DP
    Last edited by rydermike; 03-22-2023 at 06:47 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    Even buying Richie, he on $1.275M right now. DP salary is $1.6 million. Transfer fees get allocated to the cap. If his fee is say $1M, to amortize it, he'd need a 4-5 year contract just to keep it under DP level (or have the full fee applied and he's our DP for a year - is that even allowed under MLS rules?).

An alternative I could see is for us to just keep renewing the loan. He stays at a NF player, but we get him on say a 2 year loan extension, so we keep him at his current salary, but without the DP risk/higher cap hit. If we can do that, that'd be good.

This too. I think we're at the cap limit because we have so much TAM being used, which is why Osorio is using a DP slot (ie. we probably can't even add a third DP if we keep Richie). We might have to let Richie go just to be able to add a DP
    Yeah, who knows, maybe a loan extension of some kind but we should probably enjoy him while we can (‘til early June that is).

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it is less likely he stays with the Reds if Forest ends up relegated.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There isn’t a single RB/RWB in MLS I would trade Laryea for.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    True but his stock would have been at it's highest just pre-WC and post-WC if he and we did something good. That didn't happen so I think his value is lower again. Also after his last English experience you couldn't say he would be guaranteed to even see minutes muchless start anywhere over there. Totally depends what he wants but it'd be risky to have a lost year in the Championship at his age. Thirty is coming up fast.

If it were me and I got the money here I would probably take it and be happy starting for another 4-5 years and be sure to be in the driver's seat at RB for 2026.
    I think his stock did rise during the World Cup. There were discussions around Forest about why he's out on loan and why he hasn't gotten a shot there. I don't think he hurt himself at all during the World Cup. Honestly, I think he's been our best player this season so far too.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    I think his stock did rise during the World Cup. There were discussions around Forest about why he's out on loan and why he hasn't gotten a shot there. I don't think he hurt himself at all during the World Cup. Honestly, I think he's been our best player this season so far too.
    He has been here for sure but we're talking about England where a lot of their managers look down harshly (and unfairly) on places like Canada and CONCACAF. Even if the player is fantastic they can go overlooked or dismissed by them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He has been here for sure but we're talking about England where a lot of their managers look down harshly (and unfairly) on places like Canada and CONCACAF. Even if the player is fantastic they can go overlooked or dismissed by them.
    Oh yeah, absolutely. I do think he turned a few heads during the World Cup though. I definitely think a transfer back is at risk if Forest go down. Lucky for us they've been playing better since the World Cup break, but are still at a big risk in the dogfight at the bottom of the table.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    There isn’t a single RB/RWB in MLS I would trade Laryea for.
    Agreed. The commentary on the weekend pissed me off. “If he keeps this up he’ll be one of the top backs in MLS”

If this is the level of knowledge MLS commentators are going to have Apple TV is going to be painful.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well that's what I meant - monitoring him for a potential first team deal in a year or two (ala Franklin who did 2 years with TFC2 before signing this year). LS could be a 2024/2025 signing.

Meant him joining the first team for practice as a filler player because the second team has their own game and needs their guys. The first team currently has 18 guys available for the next game (as the rest are international call ups or injured), which is enough for the next roster, so no 4-day loans need, but if the first team wanted some extra guys to do an 11v11 scrimmage in practice, they could've grabbed a couple of the guys TFC2 wasn't using like LS
    Gotcha. Agreed. Hope to hear more from Stef.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nah I don’t buy that for a second, if Richie was premiership quality he would be playing I the premiership,

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Section 223 View Post
    Nah I don’t buy that for a second, if Richie was premiership quality he would be playing I the premiership,
    Wasn't really meaning Richie as the fantastic player, just saying that there is a bias against our country & region. For instance, EPL teams could have had Davies or David earlier. Both guys are fantastic and Davies maybe understandably was ignored as he was direct from MLS but David is still on Lille, is putting up numbers, and is as good or better than strikers the likes of say Ings, Watson, or Welbeck. Really he should have been gone last summer. Up and coming goal scorers have been snapped up sooner from lesser leagues with worse numbers.

Now it isn't across the board but there is a degree of that type of thinking over there about North Americans as the Americans get the same treatment as well as the Mexicans but for different reasons (Canadians are who?, Americans are Ted Lasso, and Mexicans are too soft for the rugged English game).
    Last edited by Ultra & Proud; 03-23-2023 at 01:45 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh yeah, absolutely. I do think he turned a few heads during the World Cup though. I definitely think a transfer back is at risk if Forest go down. Lucky for us they've been playing better since the World Cup break, but are still at a big risk in the dogfight at the bottom of the table.
    I hope not. I certainly think he should be considering new representation, another agent, if the option of a standard relegation release clause was not included in his contract.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    I hope not. I certainly think he should be considering new representation, another agent, if the option of a standard relegation release clause was not included in his contract.
    Isn't that for teams in the EPL? He was signed to a Championship team. 100% certain Sir Wilfrid Aurier has one though! And that will open up Richie's spot if they do drop.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Isn't that for teams in the EPL? He was signed to a Championship team. 100% certain Sir Wilfrid Aurier has one though! And that will open up Richie's spot if they do drop.
    I think Forrest will stay up. They're not as bad as some of the others in the bottom but that GD is u-g-l-y.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Forrest will stay up. They're not as bad as some of the others in the bottom but that GD is u-g-l-y.
    Seems like it, but it's really tight at the bottom amongst 9 teams. Anything could still happen really.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For anyone in doubt, the team shot down the Insigne rumour today. From a buffery story:

There have also been numerous stories out of Europe that Insigne may be headed to Turkey to play – all of which have been shot down by the TFC front office. The Toronto Sun asked a key TFC official this week if Insigne could be made available to address talk that he is unhappy in T.O. and was told: “He doesn’t even want to acknowledge stupid rumours.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For anyone in doubt, the team shot down the Insigne rumour today. From a buffery story:

There have also been numerous stories out of Europe that Insigne may be headed to Turkey to play – all of which have been shot down by the TFC front office. The Toronto Sun asked a key TFC official this week if Insigne could be made available to address talk that he is unhappy in T.O. and was told: “He doesn’t even want to acknowledge stupid rumours.”
    Definitely a stupid rumour.

So many rumours are stupid but this one is up there. At least in a local context. Maybe if you’re reading the papers in Turkey it might be less so.
    Last edited by los sonadores; 03-24-2023 at 01:14 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I mean, he's been giving interview after interview about how much he likes Toronto. I don't know why anyone thought these rumours were credible.

I personally can't wait to see him back on the pitch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mmmm... maybe. IIUC, from a few years back... in FM- cough, choke, cough, cough... if player with clause went up then down, still came into effect? I suspect in real life it would depend on the wording (generic vs specific) of any such clause besides it's inclusion in any contract.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    Mmmm... maybe. IIUC, from a few years back... in FM- cough, choke, cough, cough... if player with clause went up then down, still came into effect? I suspect in real life it would depend on the wording (generic vs specific) of any such clause besides it's inclusion in any contract.
    I wonder how you could say, ok, I'm good to sign for you and play in the Championship, but if at some point we get promoted to the Premier League, then subsequently get relegated at some point while I'm under contract, I refuse to play in the Championship and demand a transfer out. I'm not a lawyer though.

Why does no one laugh at my Sir Wilfrid Aurier joke?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder how you could say, ok, I'm good to sign for you and play in the Championship, but if at some point we get promoted to the Premier League, then subsequently get relegated at some point while I'm under contract, I refuse to play in the Championship and demand a transfer out. I'm not a lawyer though.

Because it's au-full.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Because it's au-full.
    Damn.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://twitter.com/MLS_Germany/stat...33938148085760

The 28-year-old German IV Hauke #Wahl is on the wish list for Nashville and Toronto. He would be free in the summer.However, there is also competition from the 2nd Bundesliga.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My favourite Canadian PM soccer star was Franz Diefenbaker.

Played sweeper in 1958.

https://m.facebook.com/cpcpcc/photos...54108507624204
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    My favourite Canadian PM soccer star was Franz Diefenbaker.

Played sweeper in 1958.

https://m.facebook.com/cpcpcc/photos...54108507624204
    See? That made me laugh.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    https://twitter.com/MLS_Germany/stat...33938148085760

The 28-year-old German IV Hauke #Wahl is on the wish list for Nashville and Toronto. He would be free in the summer.However, there is also competition from the 2nd Bundesliga.

Seems kind of weird that we'd be looking for yet another CB.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yuushalinsky View Post
    Seems kind of weird that we'd be looking for yet another CB.
    Yup unless Bob wants to do 3-5-2 and has zero faith in O'Neill & MacNaughton.