Page 128 of 174 FirstFirst ... 2878118124125126127128129130131132138 ... LastLast
Results 3,811 to 3,840 of 5193
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    I know TFC PTST is really long-lasting, but Preki isn't in charge.
    Oldtimer at what point do you close this thread and start the "Manning and Bradley Employment Termination Watch" thread?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    What a weird team. Why even announce it?

That's just.....weird.

I hope things are going well in camp.
    Last edited by Richard; 01-22-2023 at 03:49 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JoesphNdo View Post
    Careful, I will aggressively defend that movie with a verocity that will make the Bradley conversations on here feel like nothing. Consider that a warning, that film was fantastic!
    I thought it was execrable.

Great acting and cinematography, but a ham-fisted metaphor for war that was just nasty. It has some nice black comic moments in the first hour but after the second "decision" by Brendan Gleasons' character, I wished I'd turned it off.

Unrelentingly bleak. I think more of our current transfer efforts than that film.

You typo'd verocity instead of ferocity, but I think the former reflects what that film did to two hours of my life, a "ravenous spirit of consumption," because I finished it feeling like I had consumption.
    Last edited by jloome; 01-22-2023 at 04:00 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just realized first game is less than 3 week away.

I thought it was at least end of Feb.

So we still need about 3-4 starters to come in to be competitive, of which maybe we get two, and they wont even have a full camp with the team.

What is going on.

Edit: Neverminded I just realized they are friendlies. Feb 25th is the start date.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    That's just.....weird.

I hope things are going well in camp.
    Might've had questions from the public. They often have these behind-doors games and don't bother mentioning it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I saw a couple of other similar tweets from MLS teams yesterday so maybe it's some stupid policy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question:

Given that it's looking unlikely SJ is going to sign, how feasible would it be to pick up a keeper on loan?

Like some Euro team's 4th keeper who isn't getting action or is already on loan in Norway or something and might want to come here for a bit to get more exposure?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post
    Like some Euro team's 4th keeper who isn't getting action or is already on loan in Norway or something and might want to come here for a bit to get more exposure?
    How good are fourth string keepers really though? I say this because FC Koln in the Bundesliga just signed a new fourth string keeper who was a backup in the Canadian PL last season (Julian Roloff). Not sure if that's an anomaly with Koln just signing him as a former academy player or if its just 4th string keepers are really super low level (ie. they said Roloff will split time with first team and the B team in the 4th tier) because better keepers would rather be starters in tier 2 than sit in the press box in the first tier.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's a video of the "secret" game

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    Here's a video of the "secret" game
    One of our players is very wide. McNaughton is also handsome.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What a weird team. Why even announce it?

Everybody is in here saying "they are not doing anything"

Meanwhile, other teams are playing friendlies.

This shows something is going on & frankly given other teams ARE playing friendlies, I'd be wondering why we were not.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One of our players is very wide. McNaughton is also handsome.
    Wonder who is playing left back?

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NK Toronto View Post
    Oldtimer at what point do you close this thread and start the "Manning and Bradley Employment Termination Watch" thread?
    Good question. Not at this point. Manning has had great success with the Argos winning the Grey Cup (in quite an exciting final), and the Argos are his primary responsibility whether we like it or not. Zero chance he gets fired after Larry T got to hold the Grey Cup.

As far as Bradley goes, he's well known and respected as a coach in the league and was a safe bet for Manning to hire. He has a lot of leeway to run things however he wants. So it would take a while and some serious mismanagement for him to lose his job. It's not coming this spring.

What is happening now is that Bradley has a tight lid on things and there are zero leaks, so people are hearing nothing and starting to panic. TFC supporters swing wildly between excessive optimism and desperate pessimism (with a few individuals who will hate Bradley no matter what or support him no matter what). So instead of talking about the team (the whole point of this thread) people are talking about the management (which is off topic).

In reality TFC has pretty average management for an MLS side. There's little point of having the shit show that extremists on both sides (for or against Bradley) fighting it out will have, and I've had to use the temporary ban hammer and the moderator delete post function far too many times for my taste over this issue already as flame wars keep erupting. So no to a shit show thread right now.

Instead of going off topic, if there's no rumours or news, maybe people can just wait and be patient. If we hit opening day with half a team, maybe then we can open a "Bradley Termination Watch thread." As I said before Manning isn't going anywhere (unless he wants to).

(nobody please respond by pro or anti Bradley/Manning posts, we need to stay on topic).
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 01-22-2023 at 09:23 PM.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by los sonadores View Post
    Wonder who is playing left back?
    Antenoglu or Laryea. It would have to be.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That was a VERY energetic keeper leap.....didn't get there & it went off the bar but still...very un Bono like.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So Larin seems to be off to Spain, would have loved to see him with TFC, but it won't be happening.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    That was a VERY energetic keeper leap.....didn't get there & it went off the bar but still...very un Bono like.
    I believe that was Romero on based the hair.

Also, this thread has turned so badly that I am watching bootleg training camp footage to identify players based on their hairstyles.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe that was Romero on based the hair.

Also, this thread has turned so badly that I am watching bootleg training camp footage to identify players based on their hairstyles.
    It's Jan. 22. It's not that "early" in the process anymore. It's one month until the season for teams to gel. We still don't have a left back, or a starting keeper.

Hope we move Kosi Thompson back to midfield this year, where he seems more comfortable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OT, a very thoughtful ( entire ) reply to NKT.

...TFC supporters swing wildly between excessive optimism and desperate pessimism...
    Lately...

Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 01-23-2023 at 12:26 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

...this thread has turned so badly that I am watching bootleg training camp footage to identify players based on their hairstyles.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So Larin seems to be off to Spain, would have loved to see him with TFC, but it won't be happening.
    Frankly speaking, MLS is at a point where TFC is a better destination than relegation candidates Valadolid. The lower half of La Liga is weak.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FWIW... a grasp at threads of information...

From French Canadian source BBN Medias...

Translation... 'Several rumors are circulating at the moment about this match behind closed doors. Toronto could have on board players who have not yet been announced to the public and this is one of the reasons which would have led to this meeting on the sly'.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Smokecell View Post
    Frankly speaking, MLS is at a point where TFC is a better destination than relegation candidates Valadolid. The lower half of La Liga is weak.
    Agree. However, until there is a changing in the guard of MLS's upper echelon, starting with Garber, I suspect we will not see Larin back in MLS anytime soon; I believe he is not welcomed.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    It's Jan. 22. It's not that "early" in the process anymore. It's one month until the season for teams to gel. We still don't have a left back, or a starting keeper.

Hope we move Kosi Thompson back to midfield this year, where he seems more comfortable.
    The situation is not late as all our competitors are in the same sort of situation, or worse - with the exception of Philly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Smokecell View Post
    We're improving, but we are miles (light-years tbh) off being a better destination than any team in the number two league in the world.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JoesphNdo View Post
    We're improving, but we are miles (light-years tbh) off being a better destination than any team in the number two league in the world.
    Yes. He comes back here now, it's over for him anywhere else.

Larin, especially on the back of a little success, could still go absolutely anywhere on the back of a little 5 month La Liga spell with some success (call it 5 goals).

He could score 20 in the first half of 2023 in MLS, and it wouldn’t matter. He would be staying here.
    "There are some people who might have better technique than me, and some may be fitter than me, but the main thing is tactics. With most players, tactics are missing. You can divide tactics into insight, trust, and daring." - Johan Cruyff

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FootBallAZ View Post
    Curious which teams would be worse than tfc in the east?

Montreal and NYFC

By default are there any other teams that should be considered worse than TFC aside from the two teams mentioned ?
    Not too sure about worse, but a side note Nashville is moved back into our conference this year too so East have 15 and the West has 14 teams

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FootBallAZ View Post
    Curious which teams would be worse than tfc in the east?

Montreal and NYFC

By default are there any other teams that should be considered worse than TFC aside from the two teams mentioned ?
    dc, chicago, miami, charlotte, cinci if any of their star attackers rumoured to leave leave.

there are only a few teams that are fully whole in the East at this moment, only teams that would be good if the league started today would likely be columbus, philly, new england, orlando. nyrb would be meh.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    dc, chicago, miami, charlotte, cinci if any of their star attackers rumoured to leave leave.

there are only a few teams that are fully whole in the East at this moment, only teams that would be good if the league started today would likely be columbus, philly, new england, orlando. nyrb would be meh.
    Lol. Yeah, it's really not hard to imagine who could be worse.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Lol. Yeah, it's really not hard to imagine who could be worse.
    columbus on that list is a maybe too, they have a lot of potential but new manager who could take time to bed in.