Hybrid View

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    That would leave the Reds with no GKs on the roster thus needing to get 3 this off-season.
    If you don't trust the Keeper enough to ever play him it's better to replace him. Considering that they were playing such poor Keepers as Bono and Westberg ahead of him even when injured, I'm going out on a limb and say he's still far from playing at this level, and probably will never play at this level --- yet another terrible pick-up. Time to cut our losses.

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    Technically, we have 18 eligible players (12 under contract + 6 out of Contract) since the out of contracts are eligible to be picked. They're still in negotiations with Mavinga and Osorio and if we don't protect them, we lose any signing rights to them if they get picked. We have 12 under contract players (including Auro) + Osorio and Mavinga, so 2 would have to be unprotected. So there's 14 guys eligible for us (who could return)

Under contract:
    Auro, Bernardeschi, Bradley, Chung, Criscito, Insigne, Jimenez, Kaye, Laryea, McNaughton, O'Neill, Ranjitsingh

Out of contract:
    Achara, Bono, Henry, Mavinga, Osorio, Westberg

Ranjitsingh is a lock to be unprotected (since they'll definitely protect Osorio). Would they want to protect Mavinga or Auro? The other 4 aren't returning so definitely unprotected.
    You may have missed Mike Forbes post above quoting Michael Singh. Michael Singh says we only need to have one unprotected (because home-grown players aren't eligible to be drafted). I don't see homegrown players in your calculations so you should update them for that.
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 11-08-2022 at 08:50 PM.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    You may have missed Mike Forbes post above quoting Michael Singh. Michael Singh says we only need to have one unprotected (because home-grown players aren't eligible to be drafted). I don't see homegrown players in your calculations so you should update them for that.
    I saw MikeForbes post, which is why I posted that. I removed all the homegrowns (I posted this about a month ago originally). There's 18 total eligible (including 12 under contract*), but Singh is probably (naturally, as I would too) discounting the four players who TFC announced aren't returning (Westberg, Bono, Achara, and Henry), however, that still leaves 14 players (including out of contracts Mavinga and Osorio) on our list of who to protect. I think Singh missed one (maybe Auro - or maybe he knows already that TFC isn't picking up his option and added him as a fifth player who will be unprotected as unreturning).

*I included Auro as under contract, but he has a team option that TFC has until the 14th to decide on
    Last edited by rydermike; 11-08-2022 at 09:26 PM.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    I saw MikeForbes post, which is why I posted that. I removed all the homegrowns (I posted this about a month ago originally). There's 18 total eligible (including 12 under contract*), but Singh is probably (naturally, as I would too) discounting the four players who TFC announced aren't returning (Westberg, Bono, Achara, and Henry), however, that still leaves 14 players (including out of contracts Mavinga and Osorio) on our list of who to protect. I think Singh missed one (maybe Auro - or maybe he knows already that TFC isn't picking up his option and added him as a fifth player who will be unprotected as unreturning).

*I included Auro as under contract, but he has a team option that TFC has until the 14th to decide on
    Thanks, it's good to have people's calculations double-checked. t will be interesting who TFC leaves unprotected.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto