Page 37 of 193 FirstFirst ... 273334353637383940414787137 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,110 of 5785
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    So this whole rumour is based on someone supposedly seeing him dining in Yorkville?
    With Manning though so a little more to it that just dining in Yorkville.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    With Manning though so a little more to it that just dining in Yorkville.
    And this person is absolutely sure that is who it was, despite likely never seeing them in person? If I saw Mo Salah in person at a restaurant in Toronto I would doubt myself, let alone someone less recognizable!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And this person is absolutely sure that is who it was, despite likely never seeing them in person? If I saw Mo Salah in person at a restaurant in Toronto I would doubt myself, let alone someone less recognizable!
    There were a few people on Twitter that must follow Juve hard that were all over this because I wouldn't recognize most players randomly in Toronto. Even if I thought some guy looked like Ronaldo I would say to myself "Nah, can't be him".

But it was apparently more than one person that 'reported' this to social media. Doesn't necessarily mean anything but it seems he was here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bobo View Post
    Bernardeschi is basically a meme among many Serie A fans, myself included, so I can't help but groan despite the likelihood of him succeeding in MLS. I've been conditioned. I wouldn't blame him if he wanted to get away (somewhat) from the derision.
    What’s the downfall on his game? Sounds like he’s the Nickleback of Italian Soccer, hahaa

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    What’s the downfall on his game? Sounds like he’s the Nickleback of Italian Soccer, hahaa
    I heard it is because he never made it as a wise man and he couldn't cut it as a poor man stealing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So this whole rumour is based on someone supposedly seeing him dining in Yorkville?
    it’s all we have to talk about at the moment. Don’t take it away, yet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    I heard it is because he never made it as a wise man and he couldn't cut it as a poor man stealing.
    Well played!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah just think about it logically, there are too many hurdles to overcome because of MLS rules. Unless that wild ass Poz rumor to China is true nobody is really going to pay what TFC is currently.

My bet on the silence is they what to have a huge marketing push and announce Insigne with several other players at once. The casuals already forgot when it when it was confirmed in the winter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    There were a few people on Twitter that must follow Juve hard that were all over this because I wouldn't recognize most players randomly in Toronto. Even if I thought some guy looked like Ronaldo I would say to myself "Nah, can't be him".

But it was apparently more than one person that 'reported' this to social media. Doesn't necessarily mean anything but it seems he was here.
    Lol, same!

I was thinking whether I'd have the confidence to tweet out to the world that, say, Woot Weghorst was out for dinner with Manning in Toronto if I happened to see him. Can't say that I would.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

because we're starved of content, michael singh on a podcast today say to expect 3 signings on top of insigne, and that it will be tough to buy down salcedo's contract to non DP.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    because we're starved of content, michael singh on a podcast today say to expect 3 signings on top of insigne, and that it will be tough to buy down salcedo's contract to non DP.
    unfortunately for Michael, that’s about as credible as “we saw him in yorkville”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    unfortunately for Michael, that’s about as credible as “we saw him in yorkville”
    I wonder if, given his age, Dries Mertens
    would sign a TAM deal?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I mean, Bill Manning was quoted a few weeks ago saying expect 3 signings.
    https://ottawa.citynews.ca/around-on...to-mls-5395442

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    I wonder if, given his age, Dries Mertens
    would sign a TAM deal?
    I believe TFC did make him an offer and he turned it down.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

he reported insigne as a done deal weeks before it happened, reprted the salcedo/ soteldo swap a couple weeks early. what exactly has he been wrong on?

he's also reported criscito as a done deal last week, so we'll see about that.

do you have anything that he's been wrong on?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Singh is good on transfers

He is clueless about player development but then only Molinaro & when he was on the beat KJ seemed to have an understanding there. Kilbane I trust too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Perhaps I was a bit harsh on Singh. I find some of what he says about games etc not well informed so I have tuned him out on transfers. Sounds like I am wrong to do that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is just my own wild speculation and I have no way of proving it but it would not surprise me if some journalists out there weigh the balance of probabilities and “break” news based on things that aren’t confirmed but rather will have a large payoff for said journalists if true.

Some guy is already rumoured to be in talks with TFC? A few weeks before the window, write an article suggesting it’s “nearly a done deal”

Some foreign media source is reporting it? Take the same news and report it as your own. You “broke” the news in the local market.

When you break news of someone who wasn’t rumoured or previously known. No Twitter chatter or outside rumours, that’s a real story. Even if the player in question is Dan Gargan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    he reported insigne as a done deal weeks before it happened, reprted the salcedo/ soteldo swap a couple weeks early. what exactly has he been wrong on?

he's also reported criscito as a done deal last week, so we'll see about that.

do you have anything that he's been wrong on?
    Not to get too deep into the weeds, but any time Singh says "Per sources", he has likely taken another reporters rumour and rolled the dice by confirming it as a done deal. This was the case for Insigne/Salcedo and maybe even Criscito but I can't recall.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post
    I mean, Bill Manning was quoted a few weeks ago saying expect 3 signings.
    https://ottawa.citynews.ca/around-on...to-mls-5395442
    I’ll believe it when I see it, and I’m assuming he’s including Insigne in this

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    no, 3 more plus insigne.

so insigne, criscito +2.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Fair to believe it when it happens. The quote says it’s three including Insigne but likely four given how the salary has gone. I believe I saw elsewhere that all the signings are expected to be starter level.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wouldn’t be shocked to see Salcedo moved out totally. I believe that Wolves had interest in January so maybe it’s not a buy down to TAM that gets the extra DP spot? Gotta think that if an EPL team was sniffing around, top half of the EFL might be interested too.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where would Junior Hoilett line up? Never played in MLS so no allocation, would he fit in the new line up. He is right footed, could he play the right side?

https://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/f...tract-24232969

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmancan View Post
    Where would Junior Hoilett line up? Never played in MLS so no allocation, would he fit in the new line up. He is right footed, could he play the right side?

https://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/f...tract-24232969
    Insigne - JJ/Ayo - Hoilett

I would support him coming in July. I would support any starting quality winger coming in at this point.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Webdogg View Post
    I wouldn’t be shocked to see Salcedo moved out totally. I believe that Wolves had interest in January so maybe it’s not a buy down to TAM that gets the extra DP spot? Gotta think that if an EPL team was sniffing around, top half of the EFL might be interested too.
    What a dream this would be. I really hope they move quickly on players they sign that aren’t value for money. Salcedo isn’t bad, but he’s no where near DP quality. Because he takes a DP spot I would say Salcedo is a net negative for this team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i dont think BB rates him that high,every time they ask about salcedo he says he has a big personality,he should in the 800k range another stupid tfc contract

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    i dont think BB rates him that high,every time they ask about salcedo he says he has a big personality,he should in the 800k range another stupid tfc contract
    I think both sides in that deal were trying to move a problem player, hoping a new environment would get them going again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Salcedo is just trying to do too much, trying to justify the DP tag instead of just playing his game. I still think he’ll come good (although that was an exorbitant fee, which MLSE would’ve paid to buy out Soteldo anyway; he fit the need we were looking for, so…)

He’s a good centre half. I”m always a little surprised when players get judged in the isolation of a few months. You don’t become a Mexican international at 28 and play two years in the Bundesliga if you’re a poor player.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Webdogg View Post
    Just to be clear, I don’t think Salcedo is bad, I just think they may move on. They took him somewhat to delete a player they definitely didn’t want so it’s not like he’s a prize signing. I see him, or better yet his contract, being a hindrance to the bigger picture and therefore they may offload him to clear some salary and also his DP spot.

Just me but I’m convinced this is more likely that the buy down option some have suggested
    Last edited by Webdogg; 06-15-2022 at 12:28 PM.