Page 29 of 193 FirstFirst ... 192526272829303132333979129 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Webdogg View Post
    Trading away assets to get Laryea back would be a bad idea. Was kinda glad he was gone myself but after a year not even making the squad for real games, it’s likely he’s regressed even further.
    he hasnt been at forest a year and none of us have any idea why he wasnt on the bench for the playoff - he was for about a dozen games before.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    To me the tell here is they won’t use Poz in his best position, as an out-and-out AM with little in the way of defensive duties. Bob has him huffing and trying to play box-to-box. That can’t be anything but a short term setup.

LA is clearly the guy and Poz has to fit into that. Long run this is sub optimal so he’d certainly be out (as much as everyone is smiling and playing nice at the moment)
    Totally agree

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC/Everton View Post
    Based on the comments from Michael Singh about TFC tracking a couple of former players, I've made a list.

Ranked from most likely to come back to least likely to come back:

Auro (He's on loan and not getting playing time)
    Richie Laryea (Sad for Richie, but would be great for TFC)
    Seba Giovinco (he's past it, but maybe he could help smooth the transition for Insigne)
    Pablo Piatti (He's 33 and spent much of the season on the bench in Spain)
    Daniel Lovitz (Doubtful as he is a regular starter with Nashville)
    Steven Beitashour (He's 35, but Bob Bradley likes him, so who knows)
    Tony Gallacher (Playing in Scotland but suffered a bad injury a month ago)
    Liam Fraser ( I could see Bob Bradley bringing out the best in him, but unlikely)
    Raheem Edwards (Can't imagine he'd leave LA)
    Lucas Janson (He's not coming)
    Jay Chapman (Barely played in Scotland. Unlikely)
    Armando Cooper (Old and unlikely to come)
    Also keep in mind any former player returning to MLS is super to re-entry and we would need top spot in allocation order to guarantee that we can sign the player. We currently sit 12th. It would take a ridiculous amount of wheeling and dealing to bring back a former player. Singh still has rose coloured glasses with Seba and is holding out hope he will be back. If he was coming they would have pulled the trigger when we were #2 and could simply swap with Cincinnati for their position and some Garber bucks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blindside16 View Post
    Also keep in mind any former player returning to MLS is super to re-entry and we would need top spot in allocation order to guarantee that we can sign the player.
    I think it's only players who left on a transfer fee of over 500k. Example is Carlos Salcedo. He played for Real Salt Lake but then went to Mexico on a 450k transfer fee. He wasn't subject to the Allocation Order. So only Richie and Giovinco would be subject to it. Everyone else is fair game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does allocation order count for loans? I can see Richie being loaned out to us while Nottingham figures out what they are going to do in the off season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by los sonadores View Post
    Vanney probably went as far as possible toward restricting the overall scope of Pozuelo’s role in midfield by pushing him further up the pitch and keeping his influence to the attacking 1/3 (or more like 1/4). But when he used Pozuelo as a false 9 or winger Poz was less effective. The guy is an attacking 10 no matter how you slice it. Otherwise, it’s the waste of a huge salary and a diminishment of the player. I’d be surprised if BB is going to be entirely successful making him box to box in the way he’d like.
    I think the false 9 part was only really a tactic because Altidore was constantly injured and we had no forward depth.

I agree he’s a #10. It’s a bit crazy we aren’t tilting our setup towards that at the moment but I guess Bob is thinking long term.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did Singh say a CMNTer might be coming? Any chance it could be Eustaquio? He'd be great in our midfield. Hasn't really caught on at Porto. They apparently have an option to buy that needs to be exercised by today and they aren't going to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Did Singh say a CMNTer might be coming? Any chance it could be Eustaquio? He'd be great in our midfield. Hasn't really caught on at Porto. They apparently have an option to buy that needs to be exercised by today and they aren't going to.
    Eustaquio would be perfect. It would be good for him to get plenty of minutes before Qatar.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thought they already said they’d be buying? But seems like you’re right , given the Twitter chatter out there.

He’d be fantastic but it’s a god damn tragedy that someone that good can’t catch on. I’ve never seen anybody so criminally overlooked in my life.

He should be starting for a mid table team in
    a top-5 league, not playing in MLS.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thought they already said they’d be buying? But seems like you’re right , given the Twitter chatter out there.

He’d be fantastic but it’s a god damn tragedy that someone that good can’t catch on. I’ve never seen anybody so criminally overlooked in my life.

He should be starting for a mid table team in
    a top-5 league, not playing in MLS
    Yeah I agree. Would be a great get for TFC though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

im not going to live on every word that singh says

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If we do sign a CMNT player it won't & shouldn't be Eustaquio. He is too young to come here. He should stay over there somewhere.

Now Adekugbe is a different story at 27 and playing for a nobody in Turkey.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by woolly View Post
    Does allocation order count for loans? I can see Richie being loaned out to us while Nottingham figures out what they are going to do in the off season.
    Yes - see Caden Clark fiasco

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Steven Vitoria seems most likely. We’re struggling defensively, he’s 35 but he’s also Canadian and out of contract.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    he hasnt been at forest a year and none of us have any idea why he wasnt on the bench for the playoff - he was for about a dozen games before.
    I said a year as a reference. Don’t really want to argue semantics so I’ll edit and say “period of time”

As for none of us knowing why he didn’t play more than 2 appearances, you are quite wrong saying nobody knows because everyone actually knows - he wasn’t good enough and they had better options.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    If we do sign a CMNT player it won't & shouldn't be Eustaquio. He is too young to come here. He should stay over there somewhere.

Now Adekugbe is a different story at 27 and playing for a nobody in Turkey.
    We can’t afford Eustaquio anyway. Have to figure doing spot duty at Porto he’s already making DP money or close to it. he’s not going to come for a small bump, and he’s talented enough to spend years over there before coming to MLS.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I said a year but its whenever day our season was over until NF season was over. Don’t really want to argue semantics so I’ll edit and say “period of time”

As for none of I knowing why he didn’t play more than 2 appearances, you are quite wrong saying nobody knows because everyone actually knows - he wasn’t good enough and they had better options.
    While I’m not arguing his relative football strengths, suggesting MIghty is wrong because “everybody knows” when you have no evidence to back it up seems a little foolish.

You can’t claim you know something without evidence to support it. You have an opinion, the same as him. You don’t know shit about why he wasn’t playing, or you’d be able to reference that rationale: a story, a comment etc etc.

I suspect, ultimately, you’re right. If he was good enough, they probably wouldn’t only give him two appearances, both in games already decided, for a total of 25 minutes.

But I”m still making supposition, I don’t “know” it because I have no evidence in the form of a comment from anyone making the decision. And neither do you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    We can’t afford Eustaquio anyway. Have to figure doing spot duty at Porto he’s already making DP money or close to it. he’s not going to come for a small bump, and he’s talented enough to spend years over there before coming to MLS.
    Took a quick look and he’s 440,000 Euro.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://twitter.com/pedromsepulveda/...85270722052097

porto buying eustaquio, contract til 2027!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post

So he’s almost doubling his salary. Good news for him, he deserves it

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well that jumped to 4 million Euro quickly lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 613reppingTFC View Post
    Well that jumped to 4 million Euro quickly lol
    My Portuguese isn’t that solid but I took it as a 4million over 5 years which is a 800,000 per year salary. That’s why I said double his current 440,000 euro per year.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    im not going to live on every word that singh says
    Mike Singh lol. Throws stuff out and hopes it sticks, where is the GoodSon when you need him

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post

Ha so the twitter posts this morning were all wrong. Great for him and for Canada.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ha so the twitter posts this morning were all wrong. Great for him and for Canada.
    That amount seems high for a guy that can’t find a spot on the starting roster in the Portuguese league , not my money great for him

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Section 223 View Post
    That amount seems high for a guy that can’t find a spot on the starting roster in the Portuguese league , not my money great for him
    You’re missing the details here. This guy was a star for Pacos and consistently in the “best 11” week to week for Liga Nos.

Porto obviously a more competitive team and why he’s further down the pecking order, I haven’t followed as closely. But the sound bite I heard was, in typical Porto fashion, they have assets in the shop window and they want those guys on the field so they can showcase. Now that some of those are moving on SE is next up for more playing time.

And as a side note, Porto is one of the shrewdest operators in world football. They are nearly always ahead of the curve.
    Last edited by ag futbol; 05-31-2022 at 01:56 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You’re missing the details here. This guy was a star for Pacos and consistently in the “best 11” week to week for Liga Nos.

Porto obviously a more competitive team and why he’s further down the pecking order, I haven’t followed as closely. But the sound bite I heard was, in typical Porto fashion, they have assets in the shop window and they want those guys on the field so they can showcase. Now that some of those are moving on SE is next up for more playing time.

And as a side note, Porto is one of the shrewdest operators in world football. They are nearly always ahead of the curve.
    He’s already on $880,000 a season, to play in a top European league. So to lure him to MLS would take a significant DP deal, you can bet. There’s no percentage in it otherwise, due to his age. He’s still young enough that one major season in Portugal could land him a million-plus deal in a higher league there, with higher competition levels, even one that pays more like the Championship or the Premiership.

So, if I’m his agent, he’s only going to MLS with a release clause, with a major DP deal and with a short-ish deal with options.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I said a year as a reference. Don’t really want to argue semantics so I’ll edit and say “period of time”

As for none of us knowing why he didn’t play more than 2 appearances, you are quite wrong saying nobody knows because everyone actually knows - he wasn’t good enough and they had better options.
    You are misconstruing my point. Richie didn’t start because Spence is better and they were happy with Colback on the left, even though it’s not his natural position. But he was a regular in the bench, including in important games. We don’t know why he wasn’t on the bench for the playoff final, unless you have read something that the rest of us have not. Could easily be a minor injury. The fact he wasn’t on the bench that day isn’t really material; he was deemed good enough for the bench behind Spence and not good enough to start ahead of him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    You are misconstruing my point. Richie didn’t start because Spence is better and they were happy with Colback on the left, even though it’s not his natural position. But he was a regular in the bench, including in important games. We don’t know why he wasn’t on the bench for the playoff final, unless you have read something that the rest of us have not. Could easily be a minor injury. The fact he wasn’t on the bench that day isn’t really material; he was deemed good enough for the bench behind Spence and not good enough to start ahead of him.
    That’s true. I’m assuming it wasn’t injury, but he was dressed and celebrating with the other players after the game, he just wasn’t in the lineup for the game. Could’ve been an injury, or even Cooper saying “some of these guys are gone soon, and it’s going to mean a lot to them. You’re going to be competing for a spot next year.”

Richie’s also exceeded expectations multiple times in his career, so who knows what happens. He has the speed for it, at least. Maybe they play him as a backup to both the wide forward and the wingback, as he has that versatility. I’d bet Cooper sticks with the 3-4-3 press next year; he took two premier league scalps with it in the FA cup and they almost knocked out Liverpool, too. He’s an optimist; they won’t do a Norwich and turtle all year.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    That’s true. I’m assuming it wasn’t injury, but he was dressed and celebrating with the other players after the game, he just wasn’t in the lineup for the game. Could’ve been an injury, or even Cooper saying “some of these guys are gone soon, and it’s going to mean a lot to them. You’re going to be competing for a spot next year.
    My guess was that with the magnitude of what's at stake in that final he would want goal scoring options and especially players he trusted to take PKs on his bench. I wouldn't risk putting Richie in after playing a half hour since January just in case there's a crazy PK shootout and it fell to him to take a decisive penalty.