Page 10 of 193 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110 ... LastLast
    RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    What are the implications for TFC, I wonder? Surely not a rebranding. We're the reds, not the blues.
    Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    Would be no different than Montreal/Bologna who wear different colours.
    We'd get the occasional friendly, somewhere consistent to send players to train in the offseason, get some young player loans from there, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    It would be more subtle then both the Stinky Cheese Man's Bologna moves & the Citeh Group. Larry T doesn't strike me as the interfering man.
    It's Larry T and some partners, not MLSE that will own the team. Unlikely to be any links at all.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What are the implications for TFC, I wonder? Surely not a rebranding. We're the reds, not the blues.
    Canada would own Pulisic? Oh wait, we already do. Ha ha.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Real Estate developers like to partner with people in doing different deals. I don’t think there will be any tie-in to TFC at all.

It’s a trophy asset and he’s kicking tires.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post
    https://www.theparleh.com/post/aleja...nto-fc-in-2022

Pozuelo pushing for a contract extension
    Good to see and hear that Pozuelo is settling down after a very difficult 1-2 years.

I REALLY REALLY hope that TFC has learned from past debacles. Don't keep stars with international options guessing until their guaranteed contract is almost over. Sign a new deal early, if it makes sense for you. And/or have replacements on the radar: keep an eye on their situation so that you can anticipate opportunities. (Like when Pozuelo was negotiating with the Saudis, and would have been available immediately w/o any transfersoap -- long after Giovinco and Altidore had first privately and then publicly said that they wanted new deals or wanted out.) Make sure everyone (coach/management etc.) is on board regarding what is available and would be needed. Don't wait to start trawling Transfermarkt after it has become public that a star wants out, and/or that you're desperate for new players -- so every agent, competitor, and other local players knows that you've painted yourself into a corner.

"Should he stay or should he go?" I'm usually OK with either, as long as everyone tries hard to prepare for both options. TFC probably won't do that, and will instead throw a bunch of money at something and hope it sticks -- but a guy can dream can't he?
    Last edited by Auzzy; 03-22-2022 at 10:58 AM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    Good to see and hear that Pozuelo is settling down after a very difficult 1-2 years.

I REALLY REALLY hope that TFC has learned from past debacles. Don't keep stars with international options guessing until their guaranteed contract is almost over. Sign a new deal early, if it makes sense for you. And/or have replacements on the radar: keep an eye on their situation so that you can anticipate opportunities; make sure everyone (coach/management etc.) is on board regarding what is available and would be needed. Don't wait to start trawling Transfermarkt after it has become public that a star wants out, so every agent, competitor, and other local players know that you're desperate.

"Should he stay or should he go?" I'm usually OK with either, as long as everyone tries hard to prepare for both situations. TFC probably won't do that, but a guy can dream can't he?
    He looks to be on track for a good season. I hope it continues, he's only a season out from being an MVP so I think he still has the ability to be elite in MLS.
    If he truly believes he'd be happy staying here, I would keep him. I don't know on what salary and for how long, But if he can continue being elite, I'd be comfortable with a DP contract at 1+1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Should he stay or should he go?" I'm usually OK with either, as long as everyone tries hard to prepare for both options. TFC probably won't do that, and will instead throw a bunch of money at something and hope it sticks -- but a guy can dream can't he?
    I think it’s 50 / 50 as to what happens next. Not opposed to him staying but I tend to agree with others who have noted he’s a slightly mismatched for Bradley’s system.

He could transfer this summer too. That’s not out of the question.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    He looks to be on track for a good season. I hope it continues, he's only a season out from being an MVP so I think he still has the ability to be elite in MLS.
    If he truly believes he'd be happy staying here, I would keep him. I don't know on what salary and for how long, But if he can continue being elite, I'd be comfortable with a DP contract at 1+1
    I would be happy with him staying, if he's happy. I don't fully agree that there isn't a BB system he would fit into. The best recent system and style of play I've seen so far was for around 60 minutes vs. Columbus, and Pozuelo was absolutely at the centre of that action.

At other times he's looked like a third wheel, even occasionally this season. It depends on many factors, including his teammates, the condition of the pitch, the opponent and how they react. But I believe that BB is both pragmatic as well as having long-term goals. I'm sure he'll want to play in a way that makes best use of his best players -- and I think that does exist for this squad incl. Pozuelo. Then Insigne will arrive, and they'll have to fit another excellent wheel onto the cart...

But I'm also OK with a well-prepared departure.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I would be happy with him staying, if he's happy. I don't fully agree that there isn't a BB system he would fit into. The best recent system and style of play I've seen so far was for around 60 minutes vs. Columbus, and Pozuelo was absolutely at the centre of that action.

At other times he's looked like a third wheel, even occasionally this season. It depends on many factors, including his teammates, the condition of the pitch, the opponent and how they react. But I believe that BB is both pragmatic as well as having long-term goals. I'm sure he'll want to play in a way that makes best use of his best players -- and I think that does exist for this squad incl. Pozuelo. Then Insigne will arrive, and they'll have to fit another excellent wheel onto the cart...

But I'm also OK with a well-prepared departure.
    I think BB is smart enough to know by the time Insigne does arrive, it's just a matter of slotting him into a system that already works with the player.

The only fiddling I see will have to be with his teammates getting used to his nuances as opposed to the entire system trying to figure out where he fits.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    I think it’s 50 / 50 as to what happens next. Not opposed to him staying but I tend to agree with others who have noted he’s a slightly mismatched for Bradley’s system.

He could transfer this summer too. That’s not out of the question.
    As a DP definitely not if Poz wants to do a Captain Bradley and play for Tam wages I’m ok, There is no player on TFC that I watch closer then Poz and what I see over the last 12-16 months is that he has obviously slowed down,even looks like that he is playing injured, sure he’s had some famous my issues but I’m not buying this excuse, seems like a very likeable guy but I say out with Poz

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Section 223 View Post
    As a DP definitely not if Poz wants to do a Captain Bradley and play for Tam wages I’m ok, There is no player on TFC that I watch closer then Poz and what I see over the last 12-16 months is that he has obviously slowed down,even looks like that he is playing injured, sure he’s had some famous my issues but I’m not buying this excuse, seems like a very likeable guy but I say out with Poz
    ”famous my” should be “family”. Damn cell phones

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pozuelo has been involved in close to every chance we've created this year, despite being pushed further away from the goal (a mistake, imo). Re-sign at all costs unless we've a guaranteed success replacement lined up

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JoesphNdo View Post
    Pozuelo has been involved in close to every chance we've created this year, despite being pushed further away from the goal (a mistake, imo). Re-sign at all costs unless we've a guaranteed success replacement lined up
    Yeah, I’d agree. I mean, they could do two plus an option for two more and he’d still be young enough that with his skill level relative to the rest of the league he can still be a major cog in the offense. Bradley seems pretty analytical about what he’s doing in terms of positioning and how make it work best, he’s not wedded to traditional issues of width or line height.

I wouldn’t be surprised if he was technically pencilled in as our right winger for the rest of the season but is always technically playing like a slightly wider false nine/10.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I read this and think maybe Kemar wasn't allowed into Canada...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post

I read this and think maybe Kemar wasn't allowed into Canada...
    This one makes it sound more he had poor discipline last season and didn't show up for some training sessions, and Bradley decided he wasn't having any of that shit.

https://www.inforum.com/sports/pro/k...nnesota-united

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Almost like Bob might have gotten some info from someone he trusts close to the team that has some experience w Kemar.

Re: Pozuelo - I love Poz, but I'm strugglig to see the formation where he and Inigne work amd don't hurt the team defensively. Maybe in a 4-2-3-1 where you have 2 absolute beast CDMs. Definitely not in a 3-5-2. Most likely not in a 3-4-3 which I still think would be too much defensive responsibility for Poz. Maybe he could play as another inverted forward, but then you'd be asking sool much of your young CMs AND young FB/WBs. Having good players isnt an issue and I'm open to hearing good ideas to utilize our best talent, but sometimes the best thing is to let a great player go so you can replace him w someone who will do the job thats needed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC2 officially adds our two draft picks Luka Gavran and Reshaun Walkes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ To me, the natural DP addition here is a right sided FW. Balances the field and probably gives other teams huge headaches.

That said, depending on how our central mids shape up, signing a central midfielder in the mould of Joao Paolo is not crazy either.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ To me, the natural DP addition here is a right sided FW. Balances the field and probably gives other teams huge headaches.

That said, depending on how our central mids shape up, signing a central midfielder in the mould of Joao Paolo is not crazy either.
    As previously noted it’s also where Pozuelo spent most of his career. He only began splitting time between the hole and wing at Genk, right before be joined us. He spent a decade as a very effective winger, mostly coming inside.

I suspect that’s why Bob had him there in the last game. He’s not wedded to hard zones and may set up both Insigne and Pozuelo more inside and under than wide. It’s where they both generally end up anyway.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As previously noted it’s also where Pozuelo spent most of his career. He only began splitting time between the hole and wing at Genk, right before be joined us. He spent a decade as a very effective winger, mostly coming inside.

I suspect that’s why Bob had him there in the last game. He’s not wedded to hard zones and may set up both Insigne and Pozuelo more inside and under than wide. It’s where they both generally end up anyway.
    I mean, sure .. but I think you’d want someone pacey and direct out there who is providing a different look.

I get that on paper Pozuelo has played on the right side, but not what I’m envisioning.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I mean, sure .. but I think you’d want someone pacey and direct out there who is providing a different look.

I get that on paper Pozuelo has played on the right side, but not what I’m envisioning.
    Unless you rely on overlapping WB's to do that running for you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    Unless you rely on overlapping WB's to do that running for you.
    Always a possibility. Don’t see anyone of that description on the roster right now though.

My broader thought is someone has to crash the box and be a second scoring option behind JJ. Maybe some other parts being in place moves Poz closer to the net, but he feels more like the one to provide the final ball rather than receive it.

Otherwise, one of my memories from last few games is watching Archara get on the end of a number of good chances and making nothing of them. And in his defence, nobody is out there making those sorts of runs on the forward line, except JJ. So at least he’s trying!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Toronto FC II loan Andreas Vaikla to FC Edmonton

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    Toronto FC II loan Andreas Vaikla to FC Edmonton
    More TFC II/TFC Academy players to CPL please. Seeing Chung and MacNaughton do well here makes me think that there's market efficiency to be had.

Edit: a letter

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yuushalinsky View Post
    More TFC II/TFC Academy players to CPL please. Seeing Chung and MacNaughton do well here makes me think that there's market efficiency to be had.

I still think we should be taking a look at whoever wins the goalkeeper of the year award this season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ I think Carducci is worth taking a crack at, at least as a #2. Regardless, hoping his recent health scares are behind him.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So no WC for Insigne. When Napoli's season ends, does he come over earlier now?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yuushalinsky View Post

This is something Montreal has done well. Plus it has the benefit that you can recall players outside the transfer window because it's the same country. It's what Montreal did with Sirois when they had some injuries and then loaned him back a week later.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder if Italy failing to qualify tempts more internationals into going abroad. Maybe Ciro Immobile wants to play with his buddy, Insigne? Could be a boost in #BelottiWatch too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope it boosts Belotti watch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What a disaster for Italy. Not a good look from the EU champions, pathetic really.

They can take solace the expanded WC format is expanded in 2026, maybe they will qualify then.