Hybrid View

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    This team is dying for a new defense yet were going after ageing wingers. Clowns.
    Defenders don't sell season's memberships. That's the most important thing now.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Defenders don't sell season's memberships. That's the most important thing now.
    Neither does finishing at the bottom of the table though....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    Neither does finishing at the bottom of the table though....
    No but at this point of the season it's about selling hope and "entertainment". Signings to attract a certain ethnic group is also a solid technique that they're banking on.

Rumored so far in this demographic have been Insigne at forward & Chelini at defense. Which would sell more memberships? Which will cause the media stir that they long for? That's all they care about for now and showing ambition will help sell the hope that next year we'll right the ship and get back to having some success.
    Last edited by Ultra & Proud; 11-15-2021 at 10:42 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No but at this point of the season it's about selling hope and "entertainment". Signings to attract a certain ethnic group is also a solid technique that they're banking on.

Rumored so far in this demographic have been Insigne at forward & Chelini at defense. Which would sell more memberships? Which will cause the media stir that they long for? That's all they care about for now and showing ambition will help sell the hope that next year we'll right the ship and get back to having some success.
    Chiellini has been rumored?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah I get that and the short sighted view that they could possibly have but you can't outscore a bad defence and any flashy star you bring in to sell shirts won't sell memberships for more than one year if it fails miserably and we end up bottom of the table again. They need to play the long game here if they want to be successful again and have multiyear success. I am not saying get a DP CB or anything but we can't have another year where our actual contracted and healthy CB like Zavs sits on the bench while Bradley fills in on CB because we have nothing else. As long as they don't ignore our defence I say go ahead with whatever flash they want to bring in to sell memberships as long as they are not toxic to the rest of the team. I watch Napoli every week for years and I have to say I can't see Insigne being happy here though.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    I watch Napoli every week for years and I have to say I can't see Insigne being happy here though.
    I doubt he would be either. Another Solteldo. I personally don't want Insigne, I would rather us target younger players who will buy in better but they don't sell tickets.

As for the defense:

I am sure Curtis is thinking "No worries Billy, you get the star DP and I will get us the defenders we need to get us back to the top!"

"2 weeks" pass and nothing is done. Curtis re-signs Zavaleta & Gonzalez and says continuity is important for roster development and the chance to have two current and former international players with experience is better than what was available in the "Covid" market.