Hybrid View

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 613reppingTFC View Post
    I get Jozy hasn't played since May, but he also isn't coming off of an injury. Do you not think we should be expecting more from our DP player, should he not be in shape by this point as he was sent off to train on his own and not sent off on vacation? I know we don't want to push him to get injured again..and yes he did look tired during that game but he also only played 107 minutes in 3 games over a week. He isn't doing nor expected to do the running that say a midfield like Delgado would do..so not too sure really where I'm going with this, just a bit of a rant I guess...
    I do think he should be playing more, but if we push him he will probably end up missing more than the 20 minutes he will miss from being subbed off. He did go off on vacation though. He went to Wimbledon to watch his partner play.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    I do think he should be playing more, but if we push him he will probably end up missing more than the 20 minutes he will miss from being subbed off. He did go off on vacation though. He went to Wimbledon to watch his partner play.

TBH - He's a better option off the bench right now. I'm more inclined to keep him as a sub that splits time with Dwyer.
    Neither have shown they are good for a full 90 - But they are both capable for a solid 45.

It's not a great solution...unheard of actually, but that is what seems to be working right now.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    TBH - He's a better option off the bench right now. I'm more inclined to keep him as a sub that splits time with Dwyer.
    Neither have shown they are good for a full 90 - But they are both capable for a solid 45.

It's not a great solution...unheard of actually, but that is what seems to be working right now.
    In the past few weeks the two players that made me throw stuff around, swear, and question life have been Gonzalez & Dwyer. That being said, Dwyer has shown at least some signs of adequacy lately. There's times where he almost looks like he can contribute. Have to see if it's for real and he is just shaking off rust or it's a fluke.

Omar however is in a hopreless downward spiral and I forsee much foul language & many thrown objects over the next few months.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Omar however is in a hopreless downward spiral and I forsee much foul language & many thrown objects over the next few months.
    ya I've tried to back him up, but it's getting harder and harder to do so.

I think there are way to mitigate his downward spiral and TBH I'd rather do that as oppose bring in a kid or Zavaleta to fill the spot.

We do need a CB replacement though. Sucks considering we just went over this whole replacement scenario with Drew Moor and look how m=long it took to do that - at least this time around we are not completely SOL like before,

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think there are way to mitigate his downward spiral and TBH I'd rather do that as oppose bring in a kid or Zavaleta to fill the spot.
    I figured we should have him in the center of a 3 CB back line like we did with Moor. Might be the only way to prevent him from wandering laterally.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    I figured we should have him in the center of a 3 CB back line like we did with Moor. Might be the only way to prevent him from wandering laterally.
    Maybe I don't know what I'm talking about or I wasn't watching the games properly, buuuuuutttttt

I always thought we played our best football while in the 3-5-2.

I know eventually teams were able to just sit back and block it, but I feel like there were ways to rectify that issue, but Vanney just didn't have the tactical knowledge in the attacking end to figure it out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe I don't know what I'm talking about or I wasn't watching the games properly, buuuuuutttttt

I always thought we played our best football while in the 3-5-2.

I know eventually teams were able to just sit back and block it, but I feel like there were ways to rectify that issue, but Vanney just didn't have the tactical knowledge in the attacking end to figure it out.
    Interesting - we certainly played well. And Morrow could be in the "three". But with our midfield depth, hard to fit Bradley- Oso - Marky -Poz -Solteldo- Lawrence-Richie- Auro into that midfield. If Soteldo is in the "2" that still leaves 6 excellent players trying to fit into five spots, and thats assuming one of Richie / Auro is on the bench