Page 32 of 71 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    Who is the sad looking fellow top right?
    Tagged as Oso

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Tagged as Oso

Thanks. Looks world weary

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

KJ bringing some updates on his twitter feed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Glad Morrow is back. Deserves to play here until he hangs them up.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gallardo sighting....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am quite amazed they are doing camp here. Not that there is a good answer given covid, but I don't get it. I don't see how it won't have been a major competitive disadvantage to have had weeks of bubble practice when we start playing games against teams that have been training for weeks in good weather outdoors.

Soccer is a summer sport.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gallardo sighting....
    Based on Gallardo's Instagram it seems he trains incredibly hard. Feel bad that it hasn't worked out for him and that he was pegged as a TAM quality player. If he wasn't signed after the FO had kept hyping a TAM winger and was instead brought in as a young and high potential development project this situation would look better. That situation is on the FO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post
    Based on Gallardo's Instagram it seems he trains incredibly hard. Feel bad that it hasn't worked out for him and that he was pegged as a TAM quality player. If he wasn't signed after the FO had kept hyping a TAM winger and was instead brought in as a young and high potential development project this situation would look better. That situation is on the FO.
    It seems like everything out of management the past few years are gaffs that don’t make sense.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

KJ bringing some updates on his twitter feed

God help us all if the CB roster ends up being Mavs, OG, Zavs, Dunn, and Romeo. Sounds like one or two injuries from a complete disaster.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I am quite amazed they are doing camp here. Not that there is a good answer given covid, but I don't get it. I don't see how it won't have been a major competitive disadvantage to have had weeks of bubble practice when we start playing games against teams that have been training for weeks in good weather outdoors.

Quarantine rules to get back for the Voyageurs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kamp Berg View Post
    God help us all if the CB roster ends up being Mavs, OG, Zavs, Dunn, and Romeo. Sounds like one or two injuries from a complete disaster.
    Frankly, given Omar's lack of footspeed and that both he and Mavinga are prone to brain cramps occasionally, it's already a fucking disaster.

If we start with that as our defensive corps, we won't make the playoffs. We'll lose points just from the lack of a Drew Moor-style line leader, controlling positioning. If either Mavinga or Gonzalez go down, we're utterly fucked.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quarantine rules to get back for the Voyageurs.
    This Forge game is not a reason to throw away the MLS season. For me anyways.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CCL though

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is a bit of an exaggeration. Playing in heat only takes a week or so to adapt to. There will still be time before the season starts. There is a lot you can do to pre-acclimatize as well, like training in layers to get your body temperature up. I don't think it's an issue.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post
    I've just about given up on him but, assuming he's improved, he could be a player I can imagine trhiving in a high-pressing system.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FWIW - scrum videos up on the site

25 minutes of Armas

https://www.torontofc.ca/post/2021/0...?autoplay=true

11 minutes of Bradley

https://www.torontofc.ca/post/2021/0...?autoplay=true

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ensco! Soccer is a winter sport. Just not as cold winters.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Living in a hotel in a foreign city for any longer than necessary is detrimental later in the season. A bit of normalcy while learning a new system and getting used to new coaches makes more sense than just getting into summer weather because it's a summer sport.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Living in a hotel in a foreign city for any longer than necessary is detrimental later in the season. A bit of normalcy while learning a new system and getting used to new coaches makes more sense than just getting into summer weather because it's a summer sport.
    This^

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With Morrow and Zavaleta back I agree that a third CB is probably our most important need. Zavs on a reduced salary as a 4th option is fine, anything more than that is not. I wouldn't mind waiting on the summer window for a DP but if the Borre rumours are true and he's ready to come in the spring I'd be more than happy with that too. Just please don't spend DP money on Hoilett (TAM is fine)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Exactly. I'm sure many of the players don't want to be out of town more than necessary right now. Especially as they know they have to deal with extended times away from Toronto soon enough.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Zavaleta as the 4th CB is fine but I would like Omar as the third (like Ciman) and try to get a new #2.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It will be interesting to see how Bradley’s injuries have healed. The foot/ankle v Seattle was very serious and I don’t think he had ever fully recovered last season. If he has fully recovered now, he might not be nearly as slow as he looked towards the end of last year. He sure sounded pumped to be back.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Armas in his presser mentions

...the style of play I want to implement, the intensity, the verticality with the ball, taking time & space and being organized in each part of the ball
    Seriously worth a listen from about minute 14:30 until 18:00 if you want to understand how we are going to play this year.
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 02-17-2021 at 10:02 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We are facing the Hartford risk regardless, and very few players really live here. I don’t really see the normalcy argument - having guys commute from rented condos to the bubble and back in February and March is actually abnormal.

I would argue for camp in Florida (same as always), start the season on the road, then hope to be able to move back.

I admit to exaggerating in saying that we are “throwing the season away”. But I still think it’s a poor decision.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

btw here is somebody we know showing you how to get some pre season noise going...
    https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2021/...ated-situation

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

btw here is somebody we know showing you how to get some pre season noise going...
    https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2021/...ated-situation
    Repulsive....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We are facing the Hartford risk regardless, and very few players really live here. I don’t really see the normalcy argument - having guys commute from rented condos to the bubble and back in February and March is actually abnormal.

I would argue for camp in Florida (same as always), start the season on the road, then hope to be able to move back.

I admit to exaggerating in saying that we are “throwing the season away”. But I still think it’s a poor decision.
    It's so they have as much time with family before moving south.
    Westberg, Bradley, Mavinga, Omar and Morrow's kids are here. Not sure about Jozys lad. Poz has left his wife and kids in Seville I think as she's preggers.
    Delgado fiance is here.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    It's so they have as much time with family before moving south.
    Westberg, Bradley, Mavinga, Omar and Morrow's kids are here. Not sure about Jozys lad. Poz has left his wife and kids in Seville I think as she's preggers.
    Delgado fiance is here.
    I don’t really see this. Not to be too argumentative... but aside from Bradley and Ciman (in Montreal, who definitely matters for this question), who really lives here? The families could go with the players to a rented condo anywhere, and I suspect a number of them might be happier to be in warmer weather and in a place where vaccinations are actually happening.

I guess this is all about how you see training in a bubble. They obviously make it work in places like Iceland and Russia. But it's a very specialized thing, it's a lot of 5v5, and, in those places, every team in the league is doing it.

I predict it'll be a talking point soon enough..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don’t really see this. Not to be too argumentative... but aside from Bradley and Ciman (in Montreal, who definitely matters for this question), who really lives here? The families could go with the players to a rented condo anywhere, and I suspect a number of them might be happier to be in warmer weather and in a place where vaccinations are actually happening.

I guess this is all about how you see training in a bubble. They obviously make it work in places like Iceland and Russia. But it's a very specialized thing, it's a lot of 5v5, and, in those places, every team in the league is doing it.

I predict it'll be a talking point soon enough..
    I guess I just have zero issue with the players with kids spending as much time in Toronto as possible before moving south. And let's face it, they aren't playing here this season.