Page 4 of 71 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RealG-TFC View Post
    This is who I thought we were going to land before they announced Piatti. Would be a great signing, Betis have been struggling lately and it wouldn't surprise me if he's looking to move on
    Tello fits the bill. He was rumored to be heading to Inter Miami earlier in the year so MLS is definitely something he has considered.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Cristian Tello recently started following Pozuelo on Instagram. Just saying.
    Could just be a Betis link.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    Could just be a Betis link.
    Probably is. Seems a perfect fit for TFC though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pabon would be perfect

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pavon looks to be going back to Boca unfortunately

Tello would likely be a great signing though

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it’s all posturing by Boca. He is very much for sale but won’t come cheap.

The purchase price on his loan deal was 20 million. Realistically, I would suspect something around 15 million would do the trick. Unfortunately, I’m not sure many MLS teams have the ability to take a swing at that sort of price.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    I think it’s all posturing by Boca. He is very much for sale but won’t come cheap.

The purchase price on his loan deal was 20 million. Realistically, I would suspect something around 15 million would do the trick. Unfortunately, I’m not sure many MLS teams have the ability to take a swing at that sort of price.
    So would you take Piatti on a TAM deal and get another DP. Or go for Pavon?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmancan View Post
    I would get another DP and another TAM. We have too many injury prone players on the wrong side of thirty as it is. We need to get younger and faster and healthier.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We have 2 more seasons of this being Poz' team (might get extended but can only count on 21 & 22) - you get what he needs to be successful.

Now, Poz might think he needs a fellow spanish speaking wide right guy by the name of Piatti but I don't think that is the right use of resources to be successful those 2 seasons. I'd rather see the TAM used on a younger more mobile defender.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmancan View Post
    Leaving Piatti aside, I would take Pavon every day of the week. He’s capable of individual brilliance and can be a playmaker if Pozuelo is out of the lineup. Also fits in that FW slot where we need someone. It’s proven he can play in MLS and he did it on a dysfunctional team. He might burn the house down with a proper setup around him.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Leaving Piatti aside, I would take Pavon every day of the week. He’s capable of individual brilliance and can be a playmaker if Pozuelo is out of the lineup. Also fits in that FW slot where we need someone. It’s proven he can play in MLS and he did it on a dysfunctional team. He might burn the house down with a proper setup around him.
    I have changed my opinion on him, and I think you are right. As much as we have been picking on Jozy. We looked indestructible with Poz in the Central Middle, Piatti on the right and Laryea/Achara on the left with a healthy Jozy/Akinola as Striker. For those couple of games the attack had so many options.

The options would be even more phenomenal with Pavon upfront on the Left and the with the younger guys 1 more year under their belt. Not forgetting that Oso and Delgado looked pretty good there as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by East Coast Red View Post
    We already had the best player from the 1987 Barcelona U15 Academy group. The 2nd best player should be ok, shouldn't be too much of a downgrade .

https://www.givemesport.com/1387058-...s-lionel-messi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With a likely strike coming, I wouldn't expect any kind of rush in finding a DP.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With a likely strike coming, I wouldn't expect any kind of rush in finding a DP.
    But the DP's aren't reallyyy affected by the CBA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

at the pace curtis gets things done i dont think we have worry about getting anything done real fast or soon.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shway View Post
    But the DP's aren't reallyyy affected by the CBA.

No CBA means the DP rules are up for negotiation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At the moment everything is in play management are putting all there ducks in a row to safeguard the future of the league as they see it.
    The players union have read and recorded the league statement and will now wait until the very last minute to see which way the wind blows.
    Between now and commencement of play WHENEVER that is there will be thousands of words sprouted by both sides meaning dick all.
    If there are no crowds allowed then management will call for a lockout while the union will not call a strike until d-day when all will be revealed.
    As for our beloved TFC GM and President they will just follow their league protocol and keep up with news flashes about intended targets.
    The main concern to us die hard fans is how good a coach do we get and will he be allowed to get on with his job without interference.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Former New York Red Bulls head coach Chris Armas has interviewed for Toronto FC's head coaching vacancy multiple times, sources tell @Dylan_Butler and myself.

RBNY and Armas parted ways in September. He also interviewed with D.C. United this winter.

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2020/...d-coaching-job

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil744 View Post
    Former New York Red Bulls head coach Chris Armas has interviewed for Toronto FC's head coaching vacancy multiple times, sources tell @Dylan_Butler and myself.

RBNY and Armas parted ways in September. He also interviewed with D.C. United this winter.

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2020/...d-coaching-job
    Armas would be horrible for TFC!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaEatingYeti View Post
    Armas would be horrible for TFC!

I don't know NYRB that well, but it looks like he rode the work put in by Jesse Marsch in 2018 to win the supporters shield, but he couldn't maintain it since. mid-table teams, they made the playoffs, but did nothing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't care for Armas as our coach, but it is good that a minority candidate is getting more than a casual look. If we went this direction, I would prefer Bent. At least his ceiling is more unknown. With Armas we have a decent idea what we are getting. And we don't want it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A random thought: With the uncertainty surrounding when/if the season will begin, we should be actively searching for loan options for our young players like Nelson, Priso and JMR. These guys need to get professional minutes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bought with blo View Post
    Don't care for Armas as our coach, but it is good that a minority candidate is getting more than a casual look. If we went this direction, I would prefer Bent. At least his ceiling is more unknown. With Armas we have a decent idea what we are getting. And we don't want it.
    I've been thinking about Bent. I wonder if he is actively in the discussion or not. Is he an actual candidate? Does he want the job? Has he been interviewed?

Seems to me that he would provide the most continuity from Vanney (other than somehow getting Robin Fraser back). But he hasn't seem to be mentioned in relation to the job at all.

Anyone have any info?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A random thought: With the uncertainty surrounding when/if the season will begin, we should be actively searching for loan options for our young players like Nelson, Priso and JMR. These guys need to get professional minutes.
    Jahkelle might not be allowed to go on loan. I know there's some kind of FIFA rule that prevents international transfers of U18 players - I don't know the full mechanics of it. It would probably apply to loans as well.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Priso should get some starts next year. I think he's passed Fraser on my mental depth chart (not being a pundit and all).

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Priso should get some starts next year. I think he's passed Fraser on my mental depth chart (not being a pundit and all).
    after just 4 games, only one start, is that enough look on Priso to say he's better than Fraser?
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    after just 4 games, only one start, is that enough look on Priso to say he's better than Fraser?

On my mental depth chart, yes. He deserves the chance to be seen more.

BTW, I was in BMO for that CanMNT vs. USMNT game - I know the potential of Fraser within a certain framework and don't see that happening at TFC while Poz is in the squad.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Is it just me, or does that seem like a longer than normal list of very well-known MLS names? In years where things were going better financially, would some of those perhaps have been re-signed earlier, before it was time to release the free-agent list? And wow some of those names make me feel very old. Like Diego Fagundez already Out of Contract?