Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That club just took Matrita off of NYCFC soooo....unlikely.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not that I think this will happen but just to play devil's advocate....late season title push and Pozuelo opts to leave for $$$. Where have I heard that before?

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    That club just took Matrita off of NYCFC soooo....unlikely.
    That was Al-Ahli

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One thing we are not talking about, is we need another Striker (possibly on loan) until years end. Achara (out), Jozy (out regular season at least), Mullins defensive 10 minute whirling dervish.... Akinola can't play every minute. We have learned especially against Seattle, we need a genuine Striker.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmancan View Post
    One thing we are not talking about, is we need another Striker (possibly on loan) until years end. Achara (out), Jozy (out regular season at least), Mullins defensive 10 minute whirling dervish.... Akinola can't play every minute. We have learned especially against Seattle, we need a genuine Striker.
    The window is closed now, right? So what are our options in terms of players available to be signed?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post
    The window is closed now, right? So what are our options in terms of players available to be signed?
    After opening a crack for a brief two days before the start of the MLS is Back Tournament on July 6-7, the MLS transfer window is now wide open beginning on Wednesday, August 12 and running through October 29.

In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, Major League Soccer revised its 2020 transfer windows for its clubs in the USA and Canada, as approved by world soccer governing body FIFA:

Two-day transfer window: Mon., July 6 – Tues., July 7
    Secondary transfer window: Wed., Aug. 12 – Thurs., Oct. 29

Secondary Transfer Window

The summer window in MLS would normally be closed by the second week of August—the original schedule called for it to open on July 7 and close on Aug. 5—but the wheeling and dealing is only getting started this year.

This window (Aug. 12-Oct. 29) kicks off the day after the MLS is Back Tournament final and operates in a similar fashion to windows in previous seasons, including transfers, trades and other player signings.

What’s notable is that this MLS transfer window coincides with several transfer windows in countries around the world.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is there any possibility that Jordan Perruzza could join the team after the USL Championship season ends? San Antonio begins their playoffs this weekend. If they get bumped out early is there anyway he could join TFC? I know his first team contract doesn't start until 2021, but with Jozy out there could be space for him to get some time at Striker. He's scored 3 goals in 5 games with San Antonio so far.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We need something. Akinola has already been injured. Need some insurance, great question on Perruzza. At least he gets familiarity and in a pinch an option.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by backbeat View Post
    After opening a crack for a brief two days before the start of the MLS is Back Tournament on July 6-7, the MLS transfer window is now wide open beginning on Wednesday, August 12 and running through October 29.

In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, Major League Soccer revised its 2020 transfer windows for its clubs in the USA and Canada, as approved by world soccer governing body FIFA:

Two-day transfer window: Mon., July 6 – Tues., July 7
    Secondary transfer window: Wed., Aug. 12 – Thurs., Oct. 29

Secondary Transfer Window

The summer window in MLS would normally be closed by the second week of August—the original schedule called for it to open on July 7 and close on Aug. 5—but the wheeling and dealing is only getting started this year.

This window (Aug. 12-Oct. 29) kicks off the day after the MLS is Back Tournament final and operates in a similar fashion to windows in previous seasons, including transfers, trades and other player signings.

What’s notable is that this MLS transfer window coincides with several transfer windows in countries around the world.
    Ah, so it's not closed yet. I made the mistake of assuming that it exactly coincided with the European window.

Thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We need something. Akinola has already been injured. Need some insurance, great question on Perruzza. At least he gets familiarity and in a pinch an option.
    Perruzza's season with San Antonio is done, as they were eliminated in extra time. It was apparently a controversial goal as the New Mexico attacker appeared to elbow the ball. Perruzza had a strong shot from outside the box earlier in the game that was saved.

Let's figure out a way to get him onto the first team?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post
    Perruzza's season with San Antonio is done, as they were eliminated in extra time. It was apparently a controversial goal as the New Mexico attacker appeared to elbow the ball. Perruzza had a strong shot from outside the box earlier in the game that was saved.

Let's figure out a way to get him onto the first team?
    Yup watched him play a few of the games with San Antonio and I’m pretty impressed, I think if there is a way to get him into the first team for the remaining games then it should be done. From what I’ve seen I think he is ready for some first team minutes .

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know they said Achara is out for the year but has anyone heard about his rehab.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know they said Achara is out for the year but has anyone heard about his rehab.
    I only recall Vanney mentioning something once a few weeks ago I think it was. He said Achara was ahead of schedule on the rehab but I don’t recall him saying much else.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That game against NYC in which Achara scored seems like a lifetime ago, yet it was only seven months. How the world has changed

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NK Toronto View Post
    That game against NYC in which Achara scored seems like a lifetime ago, yet it was only seven months. How the world has changed

Every once in a awhile I look at this and realise it was the most dangerous thing I have done through all of Covid & had no clue at the time.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great rerun. That attack looked pretty damn good... Need to keep our players healthy..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

man ... i miss those nights at BMO

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post

Every once in a awhile I look at this and realise it was the most dangerous thing I have done through all of Covid & had no clue at the time.
    It was incredibly bad to have held that game - I was there too and just wasn't able to believe how serious COVID was - but the authorities knew better, or should have.

on a separate topic, Jozy sure looked fit and dominant that game. Only a few months ago...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    man ... i miss those nights at BMO
    Totally.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If they allowed a limited amount of spectators to attend a match at BMO next week would anyone go? I wouldn't but I bet there are those that would.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If they allowed a limited amount of spectators to attend a match at BMO next week would anyone go? I wouldn't but I bet there are those that would.
    Next week? No. Next year? Possibly.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    It was incredibly bad to have held that game - I was there too and just wasn't able to believe how serious COVID was - but the authorities knew better, or should have.

on a separate topic, Jozy sure looked fit and dominant that game. Only a few months ago...
    I was there too and I do recall debating about going based on what was going on in the world but then decided to go since my son and I sit in an area that is kind of away from everyone and not shoulder to shoulder so we went. The next week things were getting bad enough with COVID and I was already not going to the next game when things started getting cancelled. And Jozy did look like how we like to see Jozy. Too bad we only see that about 10% of the time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes. I would go. They're doing it all over Europe.
    I'd be careful, wear my mask and go.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Although I didn't attend the NYC game the next Saturday the Reds were scheduled to play at home in the afternoon with the Raptors playing at home at night, a game that I had managed to get tickets for. A few weeks before I was considering going to both matches and it was during that week that the NBA was the first league to suspend the rest of the season, with all of the other leagues following shortly thereafter.

Makes me wonder if the NFL were in season at the time would they have also shut-down? Probably not.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Really depend on how it was done in my eyes, say 500-1000 maybe for me, but if it was more packed like we have seen at some US College football games, hard no. When the Impact had 250 that looked like you could sit somewhere with no one within an ear shot of you.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like Montreal sold Saphir Taider to the Saudi's according to the account below but Montreal haven't confirmed it yet.

@Walid Ziani @bylka613_

OFFICIAL: Saudi club Al Ain has signed Algeria midfielder Saphir Taider from the Montreal Impact #IMFC

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ralph Priso signed to the first team

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now here’s something interesting. I doubt any team would match what TFC is paying Jozy on a per year basis.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post

Now here’s something interesting. I doubt any team would match what TFC is paying Jozy on a per year basis.
    4.5 million? I thought he was on 6 -6.5 million

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    4.5 million? I thought he was on 6 -6.5 million
    6.3 million according to the players union figures. Not sure where the 4.5m figure comes from, I think he just got it wrong, or maybe going off of memory of Jozy's first contract which was 4.8m.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    6.3 million according to the players union figures. Not sure where the 4.5m figure comes from, I think he just got it wrong, or maybe going off of memory of Jozy's first contract which was 4.8m.
    Maybe his salary went down for the last few years of his deal? I’m guessing Goff was just wrong though.

I wonder when/if the MLSPA will release salaries for this season. I had thought they usually do it twice a season, but maybe COVID or the new CBA changed that.