Hybrid View

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FWIW - Mullins scoring a goal every 117 minutes in 2018/2019 combined, post-injury. Hamilton a goal every 247 minutes with way, way more minutes than Mullins during that span. Not saying he is better or worse but those goals per minutes metrics don't go in Hamilton's favor either.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    FWIW - Mullins scoring a goal every 117 minutes in 2018/2019 combined, post-injury. Hamilton a goal every 247 minutes with way, way more minutes than Mullins during that span. Not saying he is better or worse but those goals per minutes metrics don't go in Hamilton's favor either.
    Neither of them are very good. That’s the problem.

Edit: Crew fans think they’ve fleeced us because of the non-Hamilton inclusions in the trade.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stegosaurus View Post

Edit: Crew fans think they’ve fleeced us because of the non-Hamilton inclusions in the trade.
    Neither being good isn't a real problem. It's not like anyone would offer anything better for Hamilton than this guy anyway. It's probably more an addition by subtraction move.

Technically though 1 goal every 117 minutes isn't bad but I think the more minutes he gets, that number gets worse.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unless the Reds have something planned for it, trading their 8th international spot to the Crew for the rest of the year is no really a big deal to me. Heck they still have one open with only 6 currently on the roster. It says it all when in the past the likes of a Mariano Mino filled the 8th int spot at one point.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The international spot doesn't matter for us as we're adding one more guy at most. This right of first refusal thing could be shit depending on who it's on but it's not guaranteed this player will ever come to MLS.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The international spot doesn't matter for us as we're adding one more guy at most. This right of first refusal thing could be shit depending on who it's on but it's not guaranteed this player will ever come to MLS.
    Oh, I know. I don’t think they’ve fleeced us or anything. Just sharing what some friends from Columbus were saying.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Only Altidore has a better goal per 90 than Hamilton at TFC this year, And only Jozy and Pozuelo have scored more times.

"insignificant" trade or not, they've certainly got the better end of it. Hamilton is a reasonable depth player at this level, like it or not. That's the current standard of the MLS. The Crew just got a younger, more dangerous option off the bench, as well as cash and an INTL spot. What's not to like?

I had forgotten all about Mullins. Anyone remember that goal against us for NE? Looked a promising prospect but has never materialized. On the bright side, he can't look any worse than Boyd.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyEnglish View Post
    Only Altidore has a better goal per 90 than Hamilton at TFC this year, And only Jozy and Pozuelo have scored more times.

"insignificant" trade or not, they've certainly got the better end of it. Hamilton is a reasonable depth player at this level, like it or not. That's the current standard of the MLS. The Crew just got a younger, more dangerous option off the bench, as well as cash and an INTL spot. What's not to like?

I had forgotten all about Mullins. Anyone remember that goal against us for NE? Looked a promising prospect but has never materialized. On the bright side, he can't look any worse than Boyd.
    They actually gave us $50K TAM in that deal but whatever. As for your last point, I saw more in Mullins VAR'ed disallowed goal that we'd probably ever see from Boyd.

Edit - Buffery says we gave them the $50K TAM. I read two conficting reports on that payout. Don't see why the CRew need it as they barely use any of it.
    Last edited by Ultra & Proud; 07-12-2019 at 08:32 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyEnglish View Post

That is what I thought about too. Not Doneil Henry's finest moment...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bCHYch9TJgM
    "There are some people who might have better technique than me, and some may be fitter than me, but the main thing is tactics. With most players, tactics are missing. You can divide tactics into insight, trust, and daring." - Johan Cruyff