Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Holy fuck Mavinga what a tackle. Made up for the goal we conceded there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by burlington Red View Post
    Brilliant
    Deserved.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chris fucking Mavinga with yet another perfect tackle.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Deserved.
    Sure was. I was actually referring to the Mavinga tackle.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They deserved the win tonight. I thought they would need at least a 2-0 or 3-1 result tonight to have a legitimate shot to win the series - hope I’m wrong.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wowwwwwwwwwww!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Match was even better with Spanish commentary!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We are the better team.

I'm another moron who always shits on Oso...but fuck, about time we support our boy, hes been our best player since the MLS final.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What a game. We should be up 2-3 goals on aggregate, but after falling behind, I'll gladly take this result.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mavinga made up for his gaffe and Osorio made up for his.

What a fucking game, totally lived up to the hype.

Vanney got it right with his lineup. We were better for 3/4 of the game.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

still have lots to do in 2nd leg. Vasquez was horrid again. I guess not fully recovered from his knock.

at least the boys showed Tigres that they can play. did a decent job containing Tigres strikers for most part. those missed sitters hopefully don't come back to haunt us
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    Neither of those players has earned minutes. VDW in particular is way off the pace and has no business playing in a knockout game.

On the other hand, Osorio has been our best midfield over three games and Marky is required for balance.

Pretty simple.

Hey I guess starting Delagado and Osorio wasn't a bad idea after all.

VDW looked out of sorts with the team.. looked lost.

He needs time to acclimate with his team mates. I saw "dear in the headlights" in his eyes and play... I don't think he expected this level of play from CONCACAF and certainly not from joining MLS.

These teams played a great game today. Totally entertaining!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by oldtraffordPEI View Post
    We are the better team.

I'm another moron who always shits on Oso...but fuck, about time we support our boy, hes been our best player since the MLS final.
    Tigres will be much tougher on home soil. We'll have to do a better job capitalizing on our chances in the second leg.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Best TFC game I have ever watched on T.V. It was really great.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great game from the squad and OSO wow thought he was good ole oso from last season but boom he comes with a back heal goal and proves me wrong!
    VDW needs some more chemistry with the squad , doesnt look quit comfortable on the ball yet. But overall great team performance by the squad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well done TFC!! Massive result tonight and a really spirited comeback from the Reds. Next week will be tough and the odds are still stacked against us but we have given ourselves a chance with what for me is one of the best results in our history. Make no mistake Tigres are a much better team than anything we will face in MLS and I counted at least four gilt edged chances we created (and passed up) against them before finallly taking the win

Still let next week take care of itself, que sera sera, for now i’m Just going to enjoy a tremendous victory overs first class opponent

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Really entertaining game.

The quality of Tigres was pretty obvious, but I thought TFC played well and were able to create a lot of chances. Not sure we are giving them enough credit for that. Those fucks were good man.

And holy fuck Mavinga. What a tackle. As soon as I saw it, I thought we were about to get CONCAF'd.

I thought Delgado had a great game. Not sure what others here are thinking really.

Oso is going to have a great season, I think.

VDW still needs time, but he was much improved over last game. Looked strong in the first half.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Inklink View Post
    Osorio is usually so meh.
    Osorio what was that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax TFC View Post
    Yup. I like the guy and he's good enough for MLS, but too slow in decision making for this level
    Quote Originally Posted by mowe View Post
    Would've taken Oso off instead of Delgado, but hey we'll see.
    You could put a thought bubble above Osorio when the ball comes to him near an opposing player: "holy shit holy shit holy shit"
    I TAKE IT back osoriooooooooo
    Quote Originally Posted by JavierMartini View Post
    That a make up for earlier. lolol
    I need to think of more critisms for Osorio
    Quote Originally Posted by mowe View Post
    Osorio is the greatest finisher of the modern era.
    Quote Originally Posted by BenRhodes23 View Post
    What an insane finish from Osorio! I think he's going to have a good season, at least the early indications are that he will. I wish more fans would support him week in and week out, as opposed to just when he scores
    Quote Originally Posted by oldtraffordPEI View Post
    We are the better team.

Guys can we seriously stop shitting on him...

I know mostly it's in jest from you guys... but please look at what he's put out there over the last six months.

He looks to be taking a step forward in his game.., a page out of Giovinco if you will. His touches are crisper and more decisive.. he missed a sitter today and then goes out and gets a back heel goal that was way harder to score than the sitter he missed. Altidore had a chance that I wouldn't exactly call a sitter but we all stand by him.

Let's stand by our home grown, especially when he's clearly producing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow! Alright we’ll take it. I saw signs of that club getting rattled near the end and I’ll be keeping my eyes on Gignac/Bradley next match. Many saying it’ll be a huge mountain to climb in Monterey.... I’m thinking our boys will step it up even more while finally playing on a decent pitch next week.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How soon until TFC travels down to prepare?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alonso View Post

I know mostly it's in jest from you guys... but please look at what he's put out there over the last six months.

He looks to be taking a step forward in his game.., a page out of Giovinco if you will. His touches are crisper and more decisive.. he missed a sitter today and then goes out and gets a back heel goal that was way harder to score than the sitter he missed. Altidore had a chance that I wouldn't exactly call a sitter but we all stand by him.

I’m with you. I have a feeling he can elevate his game even further

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The best game technically I've ever seen at BMO. We were better then them for long stretches. That was pretty much their best team baring the right back. Great fun a

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agreed. He has been great since the playoffs started last year. He is really stepping up and he deserves credit.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So.. was Oso offside? I was at the game, the Tigres players swarmed the ref and went batshit over that. The ref could have given four yellows just for that...

They were still going after the ref after the final whistle (although that might have been about the Mavinga tackle too)
    "There are some people who might have better technique than me, and some may be fitter than me, but the main thing is tactics. With most players, tactics are missing. You can divide tactics into insight, trust, and daring." - Johan Cruyff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    So.. was Oso offside? I was at the game, not sure it came through on TV ....

the Tigres players swarmed the ref and went batshit over that. The ref could have given four yellows just for that... they were still going on about that to the ref after the final whistle (although that might have been about the Mavinga tackle)
    Watch the goal back when you get a chance, they were mad about no foul call on Jozy's aerial challenge off the cross just seconds before.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    Watch the goal back when you get a chance, they were mad about no foul call on Jozy's aerial challenge off the cross just seconds before.
    Ahh OK thanks
    "There are some people who might have better technique than me, and some may be fitter than me, but the main thing is tactics. With most players, tactics are missing. You can divide tactics into insight, trust, and daring." - Johan Cruyff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And if he missed because he was trying to be a show off with the back heel, he’d be dead to rights. In a technical match up, I’d take Delgado every day over Oso. He just needs to push a bit harder and play smarter, instead of the cocky attitude he currently plays with... he also needs a hair cut....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's exactly what my comment was trying to get across. I agree 100%

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just saw a tweet that called it “Goloso”

LOVE that.
    Last edited by ensco; 03-07-2018 at 11:03 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Ahh OK thanks
    All the defenders pushed up except the one Jozy knocked onto the floor keeping him Osorio onside

Last edited by rydermike; 03-07-2018 at 11:07 PM.