Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    We're the physcho boyfriend/girlfriend
    More like the boyfriend/girlfriend with terminally low self-esteem, constantly worrying that things are secretly falling apart, analyzing every little statement or action to death, and repeatedly asking if things are okay between you.
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    You have a point about target man, but Jozy was pretty off all game. His hold up play was good, but touch otherwise poor and finishing execrable. Work rate low. He should have been subbed earlier just to get some form on the pitch. And some defensive work rate.
    Altidore in the last 2 games has been off and actually has looked like the out of shape Donkey Kong type player when he first arrived and should have been subbed and not Seba, (I think Seba had a lot more gas left in the tank), Jozy, not so much, but I am sure it will all settle out, as far as Seba's hissy fit, there are plenty of players that display that when being subbed off. I am not worried, most good football players are a bit petulant, some more than others, at least he is ours.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shakes McQueen View Post
    More like the boyfriend/girlfriend with terminally low self-esteem, constantly worrying that things are secretly falling apart, analyzing every little statement or action to death, and repeatedly asking if things are okay between you.
    you have some history that needs to be dealt with lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Derko View Post
    Altidore in the last 2 games has been off and actually has looked like the out of shape Donkey Kong type player when he first arrived and should have been subbed and not Seba, (I think Seba had a lot more gas left in the tank), Jozy, not so much, but I am sure it will all settle out, as far as Seba's hissy fit, there are plenty of players that display that when being subbed off. I am not worried, most good football players are a bit petulant, some more than others, at least he is ours.
    i agree, jozy cant miss those sitters and expect to not be subbed off. Chapman and Seba were working really well together

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    i agree, jozy cant miss those sitters and expect to not be subbed off. Chapman and Seba were working really well together
    Ronaldo missed a very similar sitter in the Clasico game yesterday. Doubt that Real Madrid would sub him off because of it. I don't think we necessarily need to sub off Altidore either because he missed one too. Altidore has not played as bad as some would like to make it seem even if he had a few bad or missed touches in the last couple games. Players like Seba and Altidore will have on and off days. No striker is on 100% all of the time. I personally don't think the Seba sub was even needed and Vanney should have left him out there because the game was going fine with the subs we made up to that point. I don't believe in subs so that guys can get a standing ovation or anything. To me that stuff is crap.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    Ronaldo missed a very similar sitter in the Clasico game yesterday. Doubt that Real Madrid would sub him off because of it. I don't think we necessarily need to sub off Altidore either because he missed one too. Altidore has not played as bad as some would like to make it seem even if he had a few bad or missed touches in the last couple games. Players like Seba and Altidore will have on and off days. No striker is on 100% all of the time. I personally don't think the Seba sub was even needed and Vanney should have left him out there because the game was going fine with the subs we made up to that point. I don't believe in subs so that guys can get a standing ovation or anything. To me that stuff is crap.
    bench ronaldo, hes washed up lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We we needed to sub Jozy because we needed some defensive stability. The fact that he missed a sitter is a reason to distinguish him from Gio, that's all. Jozy needed to be subbed as he was having a poor game going forward and this was affecting him defensively. We couldn't afford to risk that in the last few minutes.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    We we needed to sub Jozy because we needed some defensive stability. The fact that he missed a sitter is a reason to distinguish him from Gio, that's all. Jozy needed to be subbed as he was having a poor game going forward and this was affecting him defensively. We couldn't afford to risk that in the last few minutes.
    Going to have to agree to disagree on this one. I didn't think we were struggling defensively at all so I have no idea where you saw the defensive instability at that point in the game. The only real defensive breakdown was Cheyrou's and led to the goal which was after the sub. Jozy was involved in some chances right into stoppage time. I stand by my statement that we didn't need to sub Jozy or Seba because we didn't look to be in danger at that time to me. I bet Seba gets to play to the end of every game until he asks for a sub now so maybe the little temper tantrum worked. Guess we will see. I lost a little respect for him with that outburst but whatever. On to Houston....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Going to have to agree to disagree on this one. I didn't think we were struggling defensively at all so I have no idea where you saw the defensive instability at that point in the game. The only real defensive breakdown was Cheyrou's and led to the goal which was after the sub. Jozy was involved in some chances right into stoppage time. I stand by my statement that we didn't need to sub Jozy or Seba because we didn't look to be in danger at that time to me. I bet Seba gets to play to the end of every game until he asks for a sub now so maybe the little temper tantrum worked. Guess we will see. I lost a little respect for him with that outburst but whatever. On to Houston....
    it changes the way i see him a bit.

I can tolerate ronaldos bullshit, but hes literally the best in the world.

Giovinco is the best of MLS, hardly the level that gives you permission to be so childish

its kinda like justin bieber, i wouldnt hate his music so much if he didnt act like a douche, but part of me understands he can act like that and get away with being a douche because he generates that level of music revenue

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

fair enough that they were not creating a lot, but Jozy was really a weak link. Made no sense to keep him on when a goal could have changed the dynamic. Even putting Ricketts on would have made us stronger on the day.