Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fack. Frustrating.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is absolutely embarrassing. This team is playing like horse shit. You'd never guess this was a team who almost won mls cup.

Do these guys even want to win. They play every game well for 30 minutes then look like they are gassed.

Seems like 3 5 2 doesn't work anymore. Everyone's figured it out.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i felt like i just wasted the past hour and 15 minutes.
    haven't felt like that since watching TFC's 2013 season.

not good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 69Chevy396 View Post
    This game was a f**king stinker
    garbage game
    columbus is garbage
    not saying much about tfc losing this game
    good thing i didnt pay for this game

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    We've become predictable in this formation. Everyone is pressing the deep outlet man now because we build through Bradley dropping back every time. We should change formation.
    Yeah, agreed. When we started with this it was new, effective, and the best use of the players we had available. It's now predictable.

If Vanny wants to continue to earn his keep he has to find ways to continue to make his most expensive players his best players. As much as Gio has dropped off we aren't doing the guy any favours.

Honestly I'll take the loss vs. a tie as this team can start coming to grips with some of its lousy play.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good night. I honestly wasn't expecting anything today, but still frustrating how it played out. Columbus wasn't great for long stretches, but TFC couldn't take advantage and instead gave up some stinkers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pissed off.

We need 3 out of 3 wins from this upcoming homestand.

Nothing else is acceptable at this point.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This slow start is quickly turning into us just being okay.

Make changes in midfield please. Next week's game is pretty much a must-win if you ask me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very frustrating.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i was interested in taking the bus to this game, but thankfully i chose not to waste my money, as TFC didnt even show up for a half, TFC is not going to make the playoffs this year if this is are projections, if we dont win; only draw there is no way to go to the playoffs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A few more crap games like this and it's time that TFC finally get Michael to call is dad and get him to take over, the east is not the east of last year, if they don't start winning games never mind MLS Cup Final the playoffs will be a distant dream, Giovinco is playing like shit 1 goal in how many games now , not only that but he is a non factor in almost every game this year, wake the fuck up!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not outplayed. BUT...that looked very TFC circa 2015. A CD miscue followed by a set piece breakdown creates a late first half collapse. Defensive lapses and obvious communication issues between Bono and his back line. Not sure its formation that resolves what's going on.

We had the best 30 minutes we've played, pressing and moving the ball around. Need to finish off games like this by scoring that second goal.

The ball movement was better then we have done before tonight but still not fast enough getting it forward.

Time for a few players to stop thinking about the "defending Eastern Conference champs" label and more about the "we want to win this current game" thing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I expected the loss, but watching it - that second half was not good.

The defense is what it is. I thought Edwards did ok.

Giovinco. I don't know. The conventional wisdom is let him work though it, but I'm seeing smoldering embers out there.

Next game is scary.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if gio doesnt score this team is a non playoff team,yes its time to panic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If we look at our points as of right now, the maximum we could have achieved is 21 PTS, and we received 7 Points which totals an average of 33% of the total points, we have to receive probably close to 50% in order to get to the playoffs; right now something has to change or we can think of the season as a rebuilding season, cause there will be no playoffs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

During the first 30 minutes I thought, 'finally we're going to watch TFC dominate a team' and then it went awry - still because of those first 30 minutes i retain the thought that we're just a millimetre off being the team we can be - too early to be dissuaded - 'Cause I gotta have faith - I gotta to have faith, faith, faith...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chicago is in form. Next week is going to be a difficult game. Things need to turn round.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think we need to relax, a picture tells a thousand words

http://matchcenter.mlssoccer.com/mat...ronto-fc/stats

and this is the atlanta game

http://matchcenter.mlssoccer.com/mat...nited-fc/stats

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another shitshow i'm afraid. Once again our failure to capialize on our chances ends up costing points, this time all three. At least we can no longer continue to pretend four draws represents a decent start to the season. The stark truth is weve be poor since the Championship Final against Montreal, with our inability to finishi starting to become worrying.

We started the game decent enough and for the opening half hour were in control of the match. However our failure to score allowed Columbus to gain confidence and work their way back into the game. Their equalizer seemed to highlight how much we missed Moor, with the entire backline frozen to the spot as if waiting for instructions from our organizer at the back. You could blame Hagglund for not sticking closer to Hansen, Morrow for being out of position leaving Kamara free, or even Bono for failing to dive and try to cut out the pass, but it was a collective brainfart where the entire defence went to sleep. That goal gave Columbus confidence and seemed to rattle ours and it was really no surprise they took the lead before the break, as it seemed that mentally TFC were already in the dressing room. Bradley in particular looked bad at this goal. Being the man on the far post it was surely down to him to put the challenge on Meram, which he completely failed to do. Our captain seemed in a trance the way he stood by a watched the play evolve in front of him.

We really need to waken up as a team and fast. I dont know if were coasting on last year's success, but the facts are we are in 9th place, six points off the lead. The East is a different proposition this season, with Orlando, Chicago, and Atlanta looking like they will make a run at the playoffs, along with perennial challengers from New York, and today's opponents. It seems a tougher conference this year and finishing above the red line will more of a challenge, let alone contesting the Supporters Shield. Seba seems a pale shadow of the player weve worshiped the last two seasons. He appears disinterested, often drifting closer to the halfway line than the opponents penalty box. I hope shakes this lethargy soon because he looks more like a run-of-the-mill journeyman right now than the best player in the league. Jozy lumbered about tonight aimlessly, looking a good yard off the pace. It wouldn't surprise me to hear his hamstring has flared up again in the coming days. I remain to be convinced by Vazquez. For all he looks comfortable in possession, his finishing is wayward, and not every pass reaches its intended target. Bradley can be infuriating, one minute a world beater, the next the laziest player on the planet. Oso it seems has peaked, I cant see him getting any better than he is now, which is average, if im kind. For every occasion he shows trickery in his dribbling, there is another where he trips over his own two feet. He doesnt strike me as an intelligent player and often chooses the wrong option. Worst of all, I truly worry about life long term without Drew Moor. Although Columbus didnt really threaten tonight (which makes the result even worse) we saw in the ten minutes before half time how disorganized we can be without him. Morrow is not a centerback and if Drew is to be out for a while we should revert to a flat back four where everyone knows their responsibilities and is comfortable in their position. The one pass mark tonight for me was Nick Hagglund. I thought the big man put in a great shift. His positioning was good (1st Columbus goal aside) He cleared his lines with authority and handled a tricky and fast Columbus attack with ease. He also posed a attacking threat at corners with his heading ability. The guy is also a fine athlete who can cover some amount of ground. IMO he is maturing into a fine player and proving to be an inspired draft pick.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by General Woolfe View Post
    Another shitshow i'm afraid. Once again our failure to capialize on our chances ends up costing points, this time all three. At least we can no longer continue to pretend four draws represents a decent start to the season. The stark truth is weve be poor since the Championship Final against Montreal, with our inability to finishi starting to become worrying.

We started the game decent enough and for the opening half hour were in control of the match. However our failure to score allowed Columbus to gain confidence and work their way back into the game. Their equalizer seemed to highlight how much we missed Moor, with the entire backline frozen to the spot as if waiting for instructions from our organizer at the back. You could blame Hagglund for not sticking closer to Hansen, Morrow for being out of position leaving Kamara free, or even Bono for failing to dive and try to cut out the pass, but it was a collective brainfart where the entire defence went to sleep. That goal gave Columbus confidence and seemed to rattle ours and it was really no surprise they took the lead before the break, as it seemed that mentally TFC were already in the dressing room. Bradley in particular looked bad at this goal. Being the man on the far post it was surely down to him to put the challenge on Meram, which he completely failed to do. Our captain seemed in a trance the way he stood by a watched the play evolve in front of him.

We really need to waken up as a team and fast. I dont know if were coasting on last year's success, but the facts are we are in 9th place, six points off the lead. The East is a different proposition this season, with Orlando, Chicago, and Atlanta looking like they will make a run at the playoffs, along with perennial challengers from New York, and today's opponents. It seems a tougher conference this year and finishing above the red line will more of a challenge, let alone contesting the Supporters Shield. Seba seems a pale shadow of the player weve worshiped the last two seasons. He appears disinterested, often drifting closer to the halfway line than the opponents penalty box. I hope shakes this lethargy soon because he looks more like a run-of-the-mill journeyman right now than the best player in the league. Jozy lumbered about tonight aimlessly, looking a good yard off the pace. It wouldn't surprise me to hear his hamstring has flared up again in the coming days. I remain to be convinced by Vazquez. For all he looks comfortable in possession, his finishing is wayward, and not every pass reaches its intended target. Bradley can be infuriating, one minute a world beater, the next the laziest player on the planet. Oso it seems has peaked, I cant see him getting any better than he is now, which is average, if im kind. For every occasion he shows trickery in his dribbling, there is another where he trips over his own two feet. He doesnt strike me as an intelligent player and often chooses the wrong option. Worst of all, I truly worry about life long term without Drew Moor. Although Columbus didnt really threaten tonight (which makes the result even worse) we saw in the ten minutes before half time how disorganized we can be without him. Morrow is not a centerback and if Drew is to be out for a while we should revert to a flat back four where everyone knows their responsibilities and is comfortable in their position. The one pass mark tonight for me was Nick Hagglund. I thought the big man put in a great shift. His positioning was good (1st Columbus goal aside) He cleared his lines with authority and handled a tricky and fast Columbus attack with ease. He also posed a attacking threat at corners with his heading ability. The guy is also a fine athlete who can cover some amount of ground. IMO he is maturing into a fine player and proving to be an inspired draft pick.
    Zaveleta stopped his run marking his man on the first goal, idk how you figure anyone but him was to blame for that. On the second haggalund was fouled going up for the header, he should have embellished and dove because pro won't call shit they are blind.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stevep View Post

What picture? We dominated on the stat sheet but dropped points once again?Thats the same storey since MLS Cup

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JavierMartini View Post
    Zaveleta stopped his run marking his man on the first goal, idk how you figure anyone but him was to blame for that. On the second haggalund was fouled going up for the header, he should have embellished and dove because pro won't call shit they are blind.
    Watch Cooper on that play - hopeless & then when he was beaten..he gave up. The 3 defenders didn't have much of a chance after that. We are going to struggle mightily to make the play-offs if Giovinco doesn't show up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We've won a single game out of six. This team is in trouble.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So tell me again how this team is the top form in the east, and how our side will eventually return to the MLS Cup Final? Because, right now, our side FUCKIN'STINKS!!!

FUCKIN' EMBARASSING!!!!!
    TORONTO FC, 2017 MLS CHAMPIONS!!! (Still the greatest in league history!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stevep View Post

Teams that are behind will always be more likely to have the higher possession stats and shots at the end of the game, doesn't prove they played better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Osorio over Cooper here on out. I want Chapman on for Vasquez

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I gotta say I miss Will Johnson, this years Cooper doesn't start ahead of him, Vasquez is a magician with the ball but doesn't even pretend to track back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    Osorio over Cooper here on out.
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    I want Chapman on for Vasquez
    Now that's just silly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gringo Starr View Post
    I gotta say I miss Will Johnson, this years Cooper doesn't start ahead of him, Vasquez is a magician with the ball but doesn't even pretend to track back.
    To make matters worse Johnson scored a belter of a goal for Orlando yesterday. One that Cooper will never score.