Page 37 of 88 FirstFirst ... 273334353637383940414787 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,110 of 2620
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by barticusz View Post
    So in general. Can TFC sign a player at say 530k right now and use 100K this year to bring them below the maximum contract of $436250... or do they still need to then trade away players so that they can fit roughly 430K in salary of this new player under the normal salary cap?
    That's the way it reads to me. If it were right now it would be pro-rated for half the season but yea that's the gist.

It's also why I don't think we take advantage of it until Caldwell is off the books.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by barticusz View Post
    So in general. Can TFC sign a player at say 530k right now and use 100K this year to bring them below the maximum contract of $436250... or do they still need to then trade away players so that they can fit roughly 430K in salary of this new player under the normal salary cap?
    if we're going with the new cap rules there should be an extra 300k-500k cap space available for everyone because of the cap increase. That's on top of this new.....thing.... that MLS is introducing with this targeted allocation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    That's the way it reads to me. If it were right now it would be pro-rated for half the season but yea that's the gist.

It's also why I don't think we take advantage of it until Caldwell is off the books.
    Yea.. basically we'd need to trade away a big contract like Caldwell, Findley or someone else.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ossington Mental Youth View Post
    the wording in that is neither denying nor confirming
    I would say the first line in the story is at odds with that, heavily.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    I would say the first line in the story is at odds with that, heavily.
    Sure, one line in an article that has contradicting statements through out it

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can easily say the word immanent is the word to watch there. Basically semantics

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by molenshtain View Post
    Except for United the debt is on the club, not the Glazers. They're in a bit of a better position on their debt then they were 3-4 years ago, but if it hadn't changed and they started missing payments or some Bank asked them to pay up wholesale, They'd be royally, royally fucked. If the same thing happened to MLSE, they'd sell us in a second and recoup some money, no harm done to us.

MLSE's debt can't touch us.
    I hope you are not actually in the business of providing investment advice to people.
    "There are some people who might have better technique than me, and some may be fitter than me, but the main thing is tactics. With most players, tactics are missing. You can divide tactics into insight, trust, and daring." - Johan Cruyff

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why is there a photo of Ephraim in a TFC training kit floating around?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Why is there a photo of Ephraim in a TFC training kit floating around?
    He was here on vacation a little while back, and managed to work in a trial during his vacation

EDIT - Just noticed a couple of recent pics in TFC training gear... hmmm - could just like the free gear, tho
    Last edited by Red I; 07-08-2015 at 04:04 PM. Reason: New Info

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would hope the days of us using international slots on shite are behind us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone know how much cap room we actually have after the new 100k/5year rule?

And how much Caldwell and Findley are taking up?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aajking View Post
    Anyone know how much cap room we actually have after the new 100k/5year rule?

And how much Caldwell and Findley are taking up?
    No body does, too many factors come into play.

And I believe it's 350 and 230

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by molenshtain View Post
    Except for United the debt is on the club, not the Glazers. They're in a bit of a better position on their debt then they were 3-4 years ago, but if it hadn't changed and they started missing payments or some Bank asked them to pay up wholesale, They'd be royally, royally fucked. If the same thing happened to MLSE, they'd sell us in a second and recoup some money, no harm done to us.

MLSE's debt can't touch us.
    In Canada it's actually the opposite. MLSEs subsidiaries aren't considered separate entities for the purpose of their overall debt, as in the U.S., and the debt with respect to Man Utd was structured through the banks against existing Glazer assets which are also leveraged, which is why they're effectively off the hook (except for the bankruptcy that would go along with it all unravelling, as principle private equity shareholders. Banks wouldn't like them much after that, either, and, as you say, they're siphoning Man Utd profits to pay off other things.

With MLSE, TFC is just a subsidiary asset.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is actually right in my wheelhouse. Whether or not the entities are linked is a matter of negotiation between creditor and borrower. We have no way of knowing this from the outside - although the financials of bell and Rogers may provide further info.

Company A holding the debt does not necessarily mean Company B is uninvolved.
    Last edited by ag futbol; 07-08-2015 at 09:57 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    This is actually right in my wheelhouse. Whether or not the entities are linked is a matter of negotiation between creditor and borrower. We have no way of knowing this from the outside - although the financials of bell and Rogers may provide further info.

Company A holding the debt does not necessarily mean Company B is uninvolved.
    The parent/sub structure doesn't matter here given the sheer size of the debt. MLSE EBITDA was $100M when the deal closed, so maybe $150M with the new NHL and NBA TV money, even after the $20M incremental they are burning at TFC, but no matter how you slice it, this is a highly leveraged credit with everything cross-collateralized to the gills.

Nobody is lending MLSE $700M without getting a first claim on all the assets. It's a massive debt load. The banks aren't idiots, they'll get anything and everything before anyone sees a dime.

What I would give to understand the liquidity tests and covenant package here. The banks probably have approval of the business plan, I'll wager, if any covenants are blown. With the docs, we'd know to the day when the board are going to want to start reversing engines on that TFC spend.

We'll only find out who isn't wearing swim trunks when the tide goes out.

(Apologies to the non-finance people here, but this is important .... someday a journalist will get a hold of some of this info, and write a humdinger of a story about the fragile house of cards that is the MLSE LBO)
    Last edited by ensco; 07-08-2015 at 10:16 PM.
    "There are some people who might have better technique than me, and some may be fitter than me, but the main thing is tactics. With most players, tactics are missing. You can divide tactics into insight, trust, and daring." - Johan Cruyff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Ag, nobody is lending MLSE $700M without getting a first claim on all the assets. MLSE EBITDA was $100M when the deal closed, so maybe $150M with the new NHL and NBA TV money, even after the $20M incremental they are burning at TFC, but no matter how you slice it, this is a highly leveraged credit with everything cross-collateralized to the gills.

The banks get anything and everything before anyone sees a dime. That includes approval of the business plan, I'll wager.

What I would give to understand the liquidity tests and covenant package here. We'd know to the day when they are going to want to start reversing engines on that TFC spend.

We'll only find out who isn't wearing swim trunks when the tide goes out.

(Apologies to the non-finance people here, but this is important .... someday a journalist will get a hold of some of this info, and write a humdinger of a story about the fragile house of cards that is the MLSE LBO)
    My comment was moreso looking at it as what bogers is pledging in terms of support of MLSE.

As you said, under the MLSE umbrella I assume the security would be extremely tight, first lien not even a question... although in some cases you'd be surprised what passes for a security package these days.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey guys, how about transfer talk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ossington Mental Youth View Post
    hey guys, how about transfer talk
    This^

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Where are we with International spots?
    Looks like 6 used: Caldwell, Giovinco, Jackson, Moore, Perquis, and Cheyrou

So we have 3 open.
    Last edited by KGH; 07-09-2015 at 10:28 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KGH View Post
    Looks like 5 used: Caldwell, Gipvinco, Jackson, Moore, Perquis, and Cheyrou

So we have 3 open.
    Shocked there's 3 open slots, had to go back through the roster myself to check and you're right. In the past the intl slots were always maxed out, so had to scramble to make space if someone better became available.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SirBobSaget View Post
    Shocked there's 3 open slots, had to go back through the roster myself to check and you're right. In the past the intl slots were always maxed out, so had to scramble to make space if someone better became available.
    another plus to bradley altidore

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KGH View Post
    Looks like 5 used: Caldwell, Gipvinco, Jackson, Moore, Perquis, and Cheyrou

So we have 3 open.
    I thought I remembered reading that Moore had a green card?
    (Can't find it anywhere now tho... so maybe not?)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gdg_9 View Post
    I remember hearing this as well

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They used to list whether the players are international or domestic on the TFC website when looking at the roster. Guess they removed it but not sure when.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gdg_9 View Post
    Don't think so. You might be thinking of Darel Russell when he was here.

Edit: Moore is definitely an international. Check the protected list from this years expansion draft:

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/articl...hos-available-
    Last edited by KGH; 07-09-2015 at 10:42 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

as far as i know, we are using 7 of our 8 international spots (i don't believe we have any lingering extras from past trades).

perquis
    caldwell
    simonin
    cheyrou
    moore
    jackson
    giovinco

maybe moore, or possibly simonin, in some way counts as domestic; if so, i am unaware.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by brandrews View Post
    as far as i know, we are using 7 of our 8 international spots (i don't believe we have any lingering extras from past trades).

perquis
    caldwell
    simonin
    cheyrou
    moore
    jackson
    giovinco

maybe moore, or possibly simonin, in some way counts as domestic; if so, i am unaware.
    I'm fairly confident Simonin has a green card. Most guys that spend 4 year in college get one. But I could be wrong...
    Last edited by KGH; 07-09-2015 at 10:42 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know that wikipedia can be rocky ground for MLS info but I have been peeking at MLS International Roster Slots...it does list TFC as having 6 Internationals- two spots available (Caldwell, Giovinco, GilbertoL , Jackson, Moore, Perquis, Cheyrou ) - as long as Gilberto stays out on loan he does not count...?

The fun fact award for the trading of International Roster Slots has to be given to Vancouver (if wikipedia is correct). They traded with Colorado in November 2010 for an international roster slot that will expire on December 31, 2031. The chart also says that Colorado has a permanent international roster spot from RSL AND RSL also gave a permanent spot to Chivas USA. Insert xenophobic Utah joke here...

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Still Kicking View Post
    ...The fun fact award for the trading of International Roster Slots has to be given to Vancouver (if wikipedia is correct). They traded with Colorado in November 2010 for an international roster slot that will expire on December 31, 2031. The chart also says that Colorado has a permanent international roster spot from RSL AND RSL also gave a permanent spot to Chivas USA. Insert xenophobic Utah joke here...

Mountain People don't like Dem Forenurs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Weren't we linked with mauri. He's free now.
    http://mlsgb.com/2015/07/09/stufano-...sfer-news-mls/

He's old.