Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And what the ex mayor says

iamdavidmiller ‏@iamdavidmiller 1m1 minute ago #TFClive very vulnerable defensively, again. And again. Love the attack sequences, but ya gotta tighten up, coach. Alot.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not. Good. Enough.
    TFC should have won this game. Losing against one of the weaker eastern teams shows that despite some good players there are still significant deficiencies with this team.

In 4 road games, an average MLS team would lose 2, tie 1, win 1 for 4 points. So far, TFC, yet again is getting points below average, with 3 points.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blixa View Post
    Vanney has to go. Way in over his head.
    Yes he is a junior coach. He was brought up with no experience and has not proven anything worthy of staying head coach of this team. Absolutely zero from him.

When Lieweke is gone he will be fired by the new regime.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so frigging frustrating because I saw Creavalle being red carded the moment he picked up a yellow early in the game. and to think the ref was actually lenient on Creavalle, not tossing him out early in 2nd half for another bookable offence. Vanney totally blew this one

even though TFC gets a week off, Dallas is next away and there is no way TFC is going to get anything from Dallas playing like this.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great job Vanney, your fuckin top of the line. Really? You leave creavalle on with a yellow? What BS..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The defence essentially gave up...we were luck to lose by one. Give the individual quality in this team this is an utter disgrace. They have a long way to come back from this, if we can't get the back line sorted.. season stuffed. I'm not suggesting our Coach needs to be sacked however he misread the game and it did cost us today. He has not been great since he has taken over, that is on Bez.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hold on a second. How many centre backs did we draft?

If not now, when the hell are we going to play our backup centre backs to get some games and develop.(Other than Hagglaund)

Creavalle is trash, how the fuck does he still have a job, I would have released his ass already. I don't care but play anybody but him, he isn't a footballer.
    Last edited by Richard; 04-04-2015 at 04:13 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Milanista View Post
    Yup Osorio isn't a starter, good bunch player
    unfortunately true, didn't want to admit to myself but i kind of always knew this

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vanney is definitely not the right person. We have seen this movie before. An inexperienced coach, playing a system that not a fit for this team plus bad personnel choices.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Absolutely pathetic from Vanney.

Plays a high line against Accam and Amerikwa and gets destroyed on the counter all game.

Keeps Creavalle in the game when it was obvious to everybody he was not up to it, and he was on a yellow already. For the 2nd game in a row Jackson did far better than him. If Creavalle plays another minute at RB this season Vanney has lost his fucking mind. It's Vanney's fault we went down to 10.

He cannot get the best out of Bradley at all. He sits back and plays sideways passes all game. He's not Pirlo, he can't pick out runs with long balls consistently, so he and his massive salary are being wasted. Cheyrou is twice the player Bradley is right now and that is Vanney's fault, again.

We were in this game despite Vanney. We haven't improved our team play at all. We just have better offensive talent.

I'm okay losing to RSL with a depleted back line. I'm not okay losing to a bottom 2 team in the league when our coach repeats the exact same mistakes. Another suicidal high line. It's pure incompetence that Creavalle stayed on that pitch past halftime, and it's unbelievable that we need to go down a goal before Findley comes off the pitch. And playing Morrow at CB was fucking idiotic. Didn't Nelsen try that last year with similarly horrible results? Simonin should have started.

Individually, Morrow was crap, Findley was crap, Bendik had a shocker and I have no words for how bad Creavalle was.

No excuses losing to this team. I am now officially fucking terrified about our chances this season, and Vanney will have to do a hell of a lot to convince me he has any idea about what he's doing. A few more performances like this and he should be fired. For once let's cut our losses and not make a change when the season is already dead and buried.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by A Stick View Post
    Vanney is definitely not the right person. We have seen this movie before. An inexperienced coach, playing a system that not a fit for this team plus bad personnel choices.
    You know what the best part is? Michael Bradley is the fucking GM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shwade View Post
    Can't believe there's almost $15m being spent on Bradley and his buddy Altidore. Not when we can get a Giovinco for the same price.
    I agree.. Bradley in particular has been poor for a year now.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    Absolutely pathetic from Vanney.

Plays a high line against Accam and Amerikwa and gets destroyed on the counter all game.

Amerikwa was actually pretty quiet. And Accam is just another version of Oduro.

The line wasn't the issue.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As bad as crevalle was, he should have earned a penalty. I saws 5 other people posting " haha that would have been called against us." I cant remember what game it was but Henry was called for a pk in the exact spot doing the exact same thing.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it's funny how quick people are to crucify bendik.
    did he cheat towards his wall on a free kick? yeah.
    did he set a shitty wall to begin with? yeah.

he also pulled FOUR MASSIVE saves outt've his ass that could've had this game easily end 4/5 - 2.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    You know what the best part is? Michael Bradley is the fucking GM.
    I agree :P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by __wowza View Post

he also pulled FOUR MASSIVE saves outt've his ass that could've had this game easily end 4/5 - 2.
    I was thinking this reading some of the comments on here...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We were better for a lot of the match, but had a ton of brutal turnovers, and were lucky to only lose by one. Chicago missed or was foiled on at least four gold plated chances. Bendik had a good game overall.

Bradley, Altidore and Giovinco don’t look “special’ and sure don’t look like smart signings from a value POV. It pains me to say this, I love Bradley, but while it isn’t my money, it sure as hell is somebody’s $100M ... that imbalance creates instability just by itself.

My questions for Vanney:

Wind was a huge factor, neutralized skill on both sides. Given that, why would Vanney put in Dike beside Altidore and play longball for the last 15 minutes? Only buildup works into the wind.

On the third goal, who blew their assignment on the set piece? Or is it that TFC don’t practice defending set pieces? We put only three on the wall and were not ready for the pass around it. Bendik was hung out to dry there. Personally, I was taught that in high school – somebody is always assigned to play the centering pass.
    Last edited by ensco; 04-04-2015 at 04:25 PM.
    "There are some people who might have better technique than me, and some may be fitter than me, but the main thing is tactics. With most players, tactics are missing. You can divide tactics into insight, trust, and daring." - Johan Cruyff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by __wowza View Post

There was already a post that explained the difference between Bendik and a quality keeper.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What a crap performance. Creavalle and Findley are horrible. Jozy was invisible. Gio put on a good show. Bendik is not a good goal keeper, but he is not the core problem on this team.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Watching Liverpool vrs Arsenal now. Are they playing the same game? Is the MLS ball filled wiyh helium?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JavierMartini View Post
    I was thinking this reading some of the comments on here...
    shhhhhh. we're looking for someone to pitchfork.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Amerikwa was actually pretty quiet. And Accam is just another version of Oduro.

The line wasn't the issue.
    The only reason we were in the game is because Chicago does not have quality players (and because of Giovinco). If Accam finished half his chances it's lights out.

Vanney got away with murder today and still lost the game. Coaches get away with mistakes every game in this league, but averaged out over the entire season, that's a whole lot of dropped points. If Vanney keeps coaching like this he is going to drop us more points than Giovinco can win us.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For years, we watched defenders who were not comfortable defending.

Today, we had 3 who were and 1 who wasn't.

I'm not sure that was a 4-3-3 today as much as a 4-3-1-2. Regardless, we need better wing play then what we are getting. Vanney's systems is all about getting the ball to in the middle creative types who can find space opened up by Full backs and forwards. Fine and we have one decent LB in Morrow and Morgan is OK as his sub. We need a decent RB - Bloom might do the job. Crevalle just isn't it. I want to like the guy but he's just not comfortable enough defending or going forward.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lots of season left but really hoping for better before May, if we only grab like two more points...

Yikes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Bradley, Altidore and Giovinco don’t look “special’
    Agreed with the rest of your post, but this is wrong. Giovinco is a class above.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Couchy81 View Post
    There was already a post that explained the difference between Bendik and a quality keeper.
    link or page #? i'm looking back and can't find it.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The only reason we were in the game is because Chicago does not have quality players (and because of Giovinco). If Accam finished half his chances it's lights out.

He doesn't. In this league, there are quite a few players who can't score but can get free with speed. This is our second game watching that happen. First game, Crevalle gets help from Osorio and that threat is nullified. Osorio started to do that again today, but then he went missing in the second half.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agreed with the rest of your post, but this is wrong. Giovinco is a class above.
    That might be true. I am comparing him to the better AMs, eg Nguyen and Morales, I don't separation yet.
    "There are some people who might have better technique than me, and some may be fitter than me, but the main thing is tactics. With most players, tactics are missing. You can divide tactics into insight, trust, and daring." - Johan Cruyff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yep that curled pass into Cheyrou was a beauty. The difference between players brought up in the European system vs. NA.