Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Giovinco to TFC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by InDa_110 View Post
    Well, as an Italian-Canadian I'm happy to see this move.

As a TFC Fan I'm very happy.

As someone who has voiced his displeasure many times about paying for a crummy product, even though I paid my deposit I was still on the fence.... to which I can only say the following:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPw-3e_pzqU
    They've got some art worked up already:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If a fourth DP slot isn't added and Gilberto leaves, I'll be pissed we didn't just sign Giovinco and not Altidore. If that's the case, we're losing a proven hard worker and goalscorer for a risk.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The new Gol TV reporter is going to be famous. She's quite excellent, by local TV standards.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Maybe, but I think there's already a deal. It sounded past tense the way they talked about him, and the way they talked about how they'll be setting up.
    I agree. It's pretty clear he's gone. Anything short of a miracle and it seems Gilberto is gone, i'm pretty disappointed he's my favourite player and I bought his jersey. I think he can score 20 goals in MLS. He has experience in this league, didn't have great chemistry with Defoe but scored 7 goals after a terrible start and not linking up well with Defoe. He has a lot to prove and he's a good character guy, wants to win, wants to be better. He's scored a lot of goals in a very good competitive Brazlian league, I don't buy that Altidore is more proven and we will be that much better paying him 4 x as much. It just seems hard to get better when we have to always get rid of players because of MLS rules, first Laba now G. I won't complain, just the way it is. I just really enjoyed watching Gilberto play for TFC. TFC is investing a lot more money into this then my 100 dollars on a jersey... I just hope they fill out the roster. I'm not allowing my self to get excited this time and I don't think they want or expect us to either.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MLSE is spending like mad bc they feel MLS will only grow much bigger in the coming years...if footy continues to grow in NA and TFC starts playing like an elite team, sponsors and fans will flock to the stadium like mad...Just need this to all come together and the rest will take care of itself

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark TFC View Post
    If a fourth DP slot isn't added and Gilberto leaves, I'll be pissed we didn't just sign Giovinco and not Altidore. If that's the case, we're losing a proven hard worker and goalscorer for a risk.
    In club play Jozy has been bad. For USMNT 2013-2014, 24 appearances, 12 goals. With the defending quality drop from EPL to MLS I think Jozy will be fine. Especially once Giovinco is running the offense.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    The new Gol TV reporter is going to be famous. She's quite excellent, by local TV standards.
    I believe you're talking about Danielle Emanuele, right?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

-------------------- Altidore ----------------------
    Osorio ------------ Giovinco ------------- Oduro
    -----------Bradley -------------- Warner --------
    Morrow ---- Caldwell ---- Hagglund ---- Bloom
    --------------------- Bendik ----------------------

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The league is in the middle of CBA negotiations. TFC is in the middle of a whole bunch of negotiations. I would not get worked up at all about anything they said about DPs in general, and Gilberto in particular. Doesn't mean he's staying or leaving -- right now there is absolutely no way to know either way.

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Agreed. She won't be around for long. Some bigger fish will come calling soon.
    a ha ha heh he hoo.. ha

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    How does it feel to be a target market?

Everything I read looks to mean a great summer for us.
    Haha... it's Nice! Makes perfect sense as a business decision. if you need to sell some 8000 soccer tickets in Toronto, there's not really a better bet than tapping into the Italian community. Can't wait until next year (2016) especially: roof on the stadium, an Italian on the pitch, and a subway stop at Jane and 7. Lol

I think this is long overdue. Last guy from an Italian family we had has his number on the wall, and we sing a song about him in the 24th minute of every game.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    -------------------- Altidore ----------------------
    Osorio ------------ Giovinco ------------- Oduro
    -----------Bradley -------------- Warner --------
    Morrow ---- Caldwell ---- Hagglund ---- Bloom
    --------------------- Bendik ----------------------
    Upgrade Warner, Oduro, and Hagglund and we have a team ladies and gentlemen!

Would be very comfortable with our chances then.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Armen Bedakian@ArmenBedakian 14s15 seconds ago
    Giovinco's agent: "This is an offer we have been waiting for. We are tired of talk. This is a real project."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC07 View Post
    I believe you're talking about Danielle Emanuele, right?
    Yeah; she actually had the balls to ask the Gilberto question, and the tact to do it without pissing of the bosses. I see big things. In media, those are usually divergent skill sets; the best reporters and writers have never had tact with their employers. She'll probably end up running Corus or something.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mowe View Post
    Upgrade Warner, Oduro, and Hagglund and we have a team ladies and gentlemen!

Would be very comfortable with our chances then.
    Findley in for Osorio or Oduro and still need another wide player upgrade.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post

i am in love

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah; she actually had the balls to ask the Gilberto question, and the tact to do it without pissing of the bosses. I see big things. In media, those are usually divergent skill sets; the best reporters and writers have never had tact with their employers. She'll probably end up running Corus or something.
    we've been lacking a TFC beat reporter that can replace Andi Petrillo in eye candy department
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    we've been lacking a TFC beat reporter that can replace Andi Petrillo in eye candy department
    Yeah, that doesn't hurt either.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Findley in for Osorio or Oduro and still need another wide player upgrade.
    I agree with this. I believe our success will be determined on the play of Findley, Delgado, NEW CB, Morrow etc more so then our DP'S. It's pretty evident they will miss some time away with the USMNT at the Gold Cup and Giovinco coming over to play 19 games (how rested will he be?) Our DP'S will help us in the playoffs, but we need the other 15 of 18 guys to get us to the playoffs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe, but I think there's already a deal. It sounded past tense the way they talked about him, and the way they talked about how they'll be setting up.
    I think Bez chose his words carefully, but did you notice that Vanney splipped up a bit? He said "our three, four, three key guys..." - when I heard that it told me Gil is gone but Vanney forgot the party line.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark TFC View Post
    I really hope we keep Gilberto - but a 7 goals in 28 appearances I'd hardly call Gilberto a proven goal scorer in this league. Jozy is also a hard worker, and despite flipping in the EPL he scored a ton in holland.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol who would of thought we would ever see TFC facebook page, change their display picture and it has a player rocking the italian national team jersey...wow how times have changed!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If there is not a 4th DP spot added and Gilberto is gone, I for one won't be upset. I will take Altidore over Gilberto anytime. I truly have a feeling Altidore will have a huge year for us, especially now having Giovinco feeding him the ball. Can't wait until July when our new number 10 puts on the Red jersey and the magic begins.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wouldn't read much about what Bez said about preparing for 3 DP's to be honest. He said "the league told us to prepare for 3 DP's" which is exactly what I would expect the league to say, and exactly what I would expect Bez to say - regardless of what is happening with the CBA and a 4th slot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Milanista View Post
    lol who would of thought we would ever see TFC facebook page, change their display picture and it has a player rocking the italian national team jersey...wow how times have changed!
    It really is about "Bloody Time" that happened.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    I wouldn't read much about what Bez said about preparing for 3 DP's to be honest. He said "the league told us to prepare for 3 DP's" which is exactly what I would expect the league to say, and exactly what I would expect Bez to say - regardless of what is happening with the CBA and a 4th slot.
    To me it wasn't the discussion about the number of DPs and the CBA, it was the complete silence on Gilberto when they were discussing future plans and how the team was going to set up. Tell me, if you're Gilberto and there is still a chance you could be with the team, would you not be pissed if you're not mentioned in how Giovinco will line up with the forwards? It felt like a deal is already done to me. And if not, what is the message they're sending to the player?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To me it wasn't the discussion about the number of DPs and the CBA, it was the complete silence on Gilberto when they were discussing future plans and how the team was going to set up. Tell me, if you're Gilberto and there is still a chance you could be with the team, would you not be pissed if you're not mentioned in how Giovinco will line up with the forwards? It felt like a deal is already done to me. And if not, what is the message they're sending to the player?
    They'll have talked to him privately about all of this before the presser, if they're doing their jobs. This isn't Mo, Canary.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He'll never know - he doesn't speak English. :-)

But I get your point - it's a valid one.