Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
    Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's fine. All this means is Toronto can now focus on winning the MLS cup.
    Which will happen, of course.

Right?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Given how he played when he came on, why didn't Osorio start? Jeremy Hall plays like he KNOWS he's basically dead weight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am a supporter but how much more garbage can we take before we become the laughing stock of the league, we havent even made the playoffs in our existence of the club. I feel that this club might as well be the TML of the MLS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really wanted champions league games this year!

Fuck!!!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Issey was clearly missing. Especially when Nelsen decided to take Rey off after hes having one of his best games.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A fair number of these players had decent offensive instincts at the beginning of the season, and created plenty of chances. Nelsen seems to have coached that out of them?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gracos View Post
    I am a supporter but how much more garbage can we take before we become the laughing stock of the league, we havent even made the playoffs in our existence of the club. I feel that this club might as well be the TML of the MLS
    Relax. We are in 5th place and have 4 games in hand on most teams

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I only half paid attention to this one as I knew it was a loss before it started. I've said this before over and over and you can mark it down; if Jeremy Hall starts we will not win. It's that simple.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark TFC View Post
    I'm not upset that we didn't win the cup. I'm upset that we didn't give a shit. And I feel bad for Henry, who was the only one who played his ass off.
    Only Henry and Bendik showed any passion at the end the rest didn't appear to give a shit. Henry's best game this year and they lose :@(

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Given how he played when he came on, why didn't Osorio start? Jeremy Hall plays like he KNOWS he's basically dead weight.
    J. Hall was in fine form...the move that got him to the pro's (the back tap) was on display all evening...

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That was an Effin awful display.

Not just shades of every season before this one - a full on reproduction.

No heart in that midfield.

None.

No tactical sense.

No urgency.

If ANY of our midfield that we started with could pass the ball, we would have won that.

I know Bekker is going to play until Bradley comes back but he is not MLS class. Gives up all the time.

Rey is useless in the final third.

Lovitz can't use his right and is having issues with the speed of the game.

And Hall is a sub DM, at best.

That cup was for the taking.

And a spot in the quarters was for the taking.

This effin hurts.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Respect to Henry. To me... RN should use our best line up in the first leg... u fucking facing the bottom team in mls. Dont fucking give them a chance to breath. You gave them the chance first leg and see what happen... Montreal came back with 2:0 win on sat... now they beat us 1:0... I have feeling that Montreal will be back to the top 5 of the standin now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    I thought Rey had his moments too and Defoe was lively when we actually got him the ball (which was not often)
    You're right - Defoe was lively. I guess it sort of goes without saying because he's been incredible for us. But Henry deserves some credit for his performance in this one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Osorio isn't fully fit.

I long for the day I care about losing this cup. Great to win it, not a big deal to lose it. Given how badly we need playoffs and that we already have 3-5 games to make up compared to the majority of the league, I'll take the lighter schedule from here on out.

Henry Man of the Match.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is what was thinking during the game. Same with Gilberto not starting this game.

Hall needs to be gone especially now we have Warner

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL @ the ppl who now care so much that we lost, when before they were talking about how the game vs Columbus was more important and they didn't care about the CCL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Osorio must be fighting to get fit. I'd be certain Nelsen rated him ahead of Bekker and Hall.

He finally turned it up a bit today. Was connecting passes all over the place.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Our midfield without Bradley is a black hole where soccer balls go to die. What percentage of the fault for that goes to Nelsen or Bez, I leave to smarter people to hash out.
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Couchy81 View Post
    Same game plan as Saturday... and people wondered why the boards were negative up to the last part of the match
    Same game plan as every game! I don't think I have ever been so frustrated watching this team as this season. Send everyone to Wilmington, take Nelsen while you're at it!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Montreal win by default any how, we all know this final should have been played in Edmonton.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Supporting View Post
    LOL @ the ppl who now care so much that we lost, when before they were talking about how the game vs Columbus was more important and they didn't care about the CCL
    If you're talking about me, that's not true.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It amazes me how incredibly poor Bekker is and even more so how this board was ready to proclaim him as a long-term starter after 1 appearance.

Our midfield needs Bradley. It doesn't exist without him. Osorio is no solution either.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Which "people"? Fucking bullshit. Very few "people" said the game vs. Columbus was more important. Care to quote a single "person" who changed his/her mind?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark TFC View Post
    You're right - Defoe was lively. I guess it sort of goes without saying because he's been incredible for us. But Henry deserves some credit for his performance in this one.
    Yeah I agree. He's had a few games this year where Henry has looked incredible save one bonehead mistake. If he can just eliminate those mistakes, forget doing all the extra stuff, he'll be a huge asset to the team every time out.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Donald Duck View Post
    Respect to Henry. To me... RN should use our best line up in the first leg... u fucking facing the bottom team in mls. Dont fucking give them a chance to breath. You gave them the chance first leg and see what happen... Montreal came back with 2:0 win on sat... now they beat us 1:0... I have feeling that Montreal will be back to the top 5 of the standin now.
    Exactly, we lost it before the first leg even started.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Rey with the ball on a break always causes me to cringe.
    always......he's past due , his vision is horrible or he simply can't deliver.....there is no use having strikers without contributions from the mids....regardless of Henry's desire to touch that damn ball ever game he was the best defender on the field . We also needed Hagglund for his front end set piece determination . So thats our best............?? Nelson will hold this team back . We have our back end but will never progress technically from mid up . Guess they're hoping Bradley is also on field coach .
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know we have some garbage players. But other MLS teams manage to string a few passes together even with mediocre players, or to at least put some fucking decent efforts on net when they have 10 guys forward.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am still shocked we havent been able to build a club to win, I am hoping for the Summer Window as we can get rid of some of our players to build up our squad, cause of right now even if we get in we will not be able to perform and be knocked out in the first round. Personally I feel that the Concacaf Champions League is more important than the league as it means you are the very best that our continent has to offer, not country, if we could make the FIFA Champions League could you only imagine being able to play Real Madrid, during the tournament. I never understood why we bench Defoe in the first leg at home, i feel RN is on a very short leash; if we dont make the playoffs he can be simply released from our club, cause he just isnt cut up to be a coach of our team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Has anyone checked PB's twitter to see if he congratulated MTL on their win?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll wear that hat, although I can't really claim to care about CCL today any more than I did on the weekend.