Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pint View Post
    umm don't be to quick with your statements chris you never know what the future may hold
    Sorry, my bad. Just going on history.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yagbod View Post
    Sorry, my bad. Just going on history.
    No worries... would also help if we had a better idea what is going on and when.

Multiple displays on a particular day may not look the best.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    Well I know we reached out and the information wasn't really there. Don't know what to say other than maybe shoot one of us (Pete, Tom, myself) an email or text. I can't be any more available to have the conversation.
    Easy partner! I am just talking about going forward.

We can discuss the past few months offline. For the public record (since you brought it up) the information was all there. I don't get that point. But again, I don't think it does anyone any good to discuss that particular idea and what happened on a forum.

Forward and onward! The past is history. Supporters should work together publicly more often, regardless of stripes.

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Easy partner! I am just talking about going forward.

We can discuss the past few months offline. For the public record (since you brought it up) the information was all there. I don't get that point. But again, I don't think it does anyone any good to discuss that particular idea and what happened on a forum.

Forward and onward! The past is history. Supporters should work together publicly more often, regardless of stripes.
    I agree, but you specifically made some points in here:

But more importantly, it would be in the best interest of support for TFC in general if we coordinated more on these things. I only have a vague idea of what you have planned for the home opener but I know we have a pretty massive project going so the whole south end will end up looking a bit disjointed if we don't work together more. For big days I think a public approach (or at least more collaborative approach) would make for a bigger bang on the occasion and support the team more effectively.

My two cents.
    That seems to illicit a direct response - its what I addressed. There have been efforts to co-ordinate and the channels are there but somehow me pointing that out is bad and really we are talking about future projects???

I really missed that in the phrasing.

So we want to open up the forum but not discuss things on the forum. Gotcha....shoot me an email and we can sort it out. I am pretty sure the ladies and gentlemen at Usector are raminping up their banner / TIFO production too
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Right so this thread is about joining in on bannering. You got the info. Get in touch if you're interested. It's a good time.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agreed on all points about doing things like a Timbers army effort(s). It needs everyone to come together and I would say we will be working with all groups this year.
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That seems to illicit a direct response - its what I addressed. There have been efforts to co-ordinate and the channels are there but somehow me pointing that out is bad and really we are talking about future projects???

So we want to open up the forum but not discuss things on the forum. Gotcha....shoot me an email and we can sort it out. I am pretty sure the ladies and gentlemen at Usector are raminping up their banner / TIFO production too

I really don't get the secrecy behind all this.
    Banners specific to a supporters group are one thing...

But mass TIFO's work best when everyone is involved.

I have seasons in 113, but have no official affiliation to any supporters group.
    (and the tone of some of the posts between members of the different supporters groups in the last page or so of this thread is prime example of why I have no plans to choose between them and join one either)

That being said, I sit in a supporters section at BMO for a reason.
    I'm a diehard supporter of the club. I cheer and chant and sing my heart out every game.

If an idea for a mass TIFO was spread publicly, I would definitely be willing to do my part and bring anything that might be required to participate.
    If a collaborative idea was agreed on by all, and word was spread, I'm sure most others in the Southend would be open to doing the same.

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gdg_9 View Post

I have seasons in 113, but have no official affiliation to any supporters group.
    (and the tone of some of the posts between members of the different supporters groups in the last page or so of this thread is prime example of why I have no plans to choose between them and join one either)

I'm a diehard supporter of the club. I cheer and chant and sing my heart out every game.

If an idea for a mass TIFO was spread publicly, I would definitely be willing to do my part and bring anything that might be required to participate.
    If a collaborative idea was agreed on by all, and word was spread, I'm sure most others in the Southend would be open to doing the same.
    Well, it comes out of a history of internal group competition. It was week to week between us, Usector and NEE for a while and everyone upped their game.

As well, there are budgets / money planning issues, so if there is no input being offered groups tend to self produce. I see big things from all groups, we are really just working out the new way to work together. Its positive growth.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rest assured when we collaborate we'll make sure everyone will know about it!
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    Rest assured when we collaborate we'll make sure everyone will know about it!
    Exactly just like the collaboration on the march has already begun the beginning processes. We have open channels between all supporters groups and we will be using them alot this year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My point is that future projects might benefit from an open discussion. It was just an idea.

I think there is a pretty clear difference between discussing the future and the past.

Anyway, PM was sent quite a while ago.

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My point is that future projects might benefit from an open discussion. It was just an idea.

I think there is a pretty clear difference between discussing the future and the past.

Anyway, PM was sent quite a while ago.
    I think it will all work out in the future.

Last PM I have from you is April 29th 103, then March 14 2013 both has responses.

Can you resend?
    Last edited by Phil; 02-03-2014 at 03:42 PM.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Disagree,mass TIFO is always organized by SG,setup is done before the game with instruction on every seat.

Do you really think that every fan at Barcelona or Dortmund stadium is involved or knows before the game what is going on and what TIFO will be done ?

To do mass TIFO you need TFC FO to allowed you to come early in stadium ,without their green light you can involve every single ticket holder ,it wont work.

However, it's funny how people who are not involved with this particular group like to come here tell us what to do ,how to do it and on top of that criticize what ever we do to support TFC,not you in particular, but some other posters who know very well what they are doing when they come here as "friends"and only "trying to help".
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by denime View Post
    Disagree,mass TIFO is always organized by SG,setup is done before the game with instruction on every seat.

Do you really think that every fan at Barcelona or Dortmund stadium is involved or knows before the game what is going on and what TIFO will be done ?

To do mass TIFO you need TFC FO to allowed you to come early in stadium ,without their green light you can involve every single ticket holder ,it wont work.

However, it's funny how people who are not involved with this particular group like to come here tell us what to do ,how to do it and on top of that criticize what ever we do to support TFC,not you in particular, but some other posters who know very well what they are doing when they come here as "friends"and only "trying to help".
    To avoid confusing new supporters, this is simply not true. Supporters Groups do not always organize the tifos. Independents can do it just as easily. All it takes is a few guys/gals. Instructions on the seats are not necessary and I don't think I have ever seen them at bmo. Help from the FO is useful but not necessary depending one the tifo in question. Obviously not everyone at Barca or BVB know about every tifo, but wouldn't it be useful if they did or at least more people knew about it than just a core? More people might show up in time to see it then. More people in earlier is always a better thing.

As for your last paragraph, why don't you just name names? Otherwise you are painting every registered user with the same brush and giving no one a chance to defend themselves.

This discussion should probably have it's own thread. This thread was supposed to be about attracting new members to the RPB banner team. It has become rather derailed by a friendly philosophical discussion on the tactical approaches to tifo production. Just a thought.

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We did a card TIFO in year one that had instructions. Learned lots of lessons from that.

Anyhow, Yagbod is right, really all we are doing is derailing a thread from its intended purpose. Lets get back on topic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Supporters should work together publicly more often, regardless of stripes.
    first post after insulting a whole bunch of people and you post this sort of drivel? perhaps you'd find people more interested in working together if your constant smug arrogance could be kept in check.

what a muppet.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The purpose of this thread was to recruit for our own banner team.

Co-ordination between us and other groups should be left at the leadership level. Please contact Phil if you are part of another group and want to co-ordinate with us.

Members, please look in this section (members only) for information on what is going on with our banner team.

http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/forumd...anning-Section
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 02-04-2014 at 12:46 PM.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto