How long to sing this song
    How long, how long, how long
    How long to sing this song

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Pretty much at the lows of the Winter era now. With Leiweke's bloviating and the Forlan circus the cherry on the sundae.
    He has been blowing what he ate for several months now, and it smells bad, very bad. I want Plato on the team, he was known to be a real stand up guy.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by billyfly View Post
    So why isnt this like hockey? Are people running to other MLS teams? Lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Abou Sky View Post
    I think once EPL season starts it will get mighty quiet.

I think I am going to try to follow Serie A more closely this year, very good quality and entertainment.
    Yep that's the Worlds Game for you, Billy. It'll be a lot of winning before people forego the entertainment from abroad.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FluSH View Post
    I want relegation! I want to win at some point!
    Plus it would be exciting atleast. We could stay up or go down. Would really turn our games into exciting games instead of mind numbing awesomeness.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We're not going to win with skill... We're not going to win with all-out attack, or parking the bus defence...

You know what time it is...

TIME TO GOON IT UP!

Let's just become a farce to the league - multiple yellows and reds every game! Hell, lose a few via forfeit b/c we have so many men sent off...

Soon, teams will be playing their B & C squads against us, not go in for any ball, give us all the time and space and possession we want. BMO becomes a beer swilling sideshow that matches the gongshow on the pitch where teams are afraid to take a throw in or corner... All out anarchy!

I bet we win more games with this plan than any of the previous ones!
    "...Money wasn't tight, but it like, it wasn't right..."

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Pretty much at the lows of the Winter era now. With Leiweke's bloviating and the Forlan circus the cherry on the sundae.
    I don't see it. I expected far more from Winter than Nelsen. And it's not really surprising to only hear from the Pres and CEO when something major is happening.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    ....it's not really surprising to only hear from the Pres and CEO when something major is happening.
    Sorry but I don't appreciate all this Forlan is coming and I've planned the parade route stuff.

None of us just fell off the turnip truck here.
    "There are some people who might have better technique than me, and some may be fitter than me, but the main thing is tactics. With most players, tactics are missing. You can divide tactics into insight, trust, and daring." - Johan Cruyff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's so sad to see the state of this franchise at the moment. We were bad in '07 but at least there were a few home wins and some buzz around the team. We then improved season by season to the point of being competitive in '09, but something went terribly wrong after that. I thought we hit rock bottom last year, but this season will surely take the cake.

Quote Originally Posted by tfcleeds View Post
    I know this season was supposed to be a writeoff and one of low expectations, but this may still be one of the most excruciating, soul-destroying seasons I've had to endure as a supporter. Can anyone remember a season in which we've given up points in so many imaginative new ways every week, not to mention the painful injury time meltdowns we've had? I sure can't.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone listen to Nelsen's interview on the TFC website? It's very disappointing ... he blames the result on 'Chivas losing a man'?? That's the first time I've ever heard that used. He claims we were playing well 11 vs 11, but that Chivas went into a shell after they went a man down and put TFC in danger through counters.. That is pretty ridiculous. I really don't want another coaching change, but my confidence in Nelsen is at an all time low.

RPB Member
    Membership Team

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pathetic!!! That is all!!!!!!
    Official Member of the Montreal Miracle Crew 2009

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Caldwell is now starting to understand the Toronto Curse.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC to play Oakville U-12 Girls All-Star team.......Vegas has the odds at 2-1 for the little ladies.....

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by McCartney View Post
    We're not going to win with skill... We're not going to win with all-out attack, or parking the bus defence... You know what time it is... TIME TO GOON IT UP! Let's just become a farce to the league - multiple yellows and reds every game! Hell, lose a few via forfeit b/c we have so many men sent off...Soon, teams will be playing their B & C squads against us, not go in for any ball, give us all the time and space and possession we want. BMO becomes a beer swilling sideshow that matches the gongshow on the pitch where teams are afraid to take a throw in or corner... All out anarchy! I bet we win more games with this plan than any of the previous ones!
    Yeah, forget the DPs. Let bring in the Hanson brothers!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfcleeds View Post
    Yeah, forget the DPs. Let bring in the Hanson brothers!
    Whatcha doing?

PUTTING ON THE FOIL!!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    Not even close for me. Last season went from hopeful to hopeless not once but twice. I was prepared for this season.
    I don't know which is worse. At least under Mariner, there was no hope - many games would be over by halftime. This season, we've been so close to positive results on multiple occasions, only to have them snatched away at the last minute. In my view, that's way more painful.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK seriously, how much is it to buy a NASL franchise? I just can't take much more of this. We form a company, issue shares, share holders vote in/out staff, we rent BMO for games... come on there have to be minds that can make this work and get a team that can a) score! and b) win!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bones View Post
    OK seriously, how much is it to buy a NASL franchise? I just can't take much more of this. We form a company, issue shares, share holders vote in/out staff, we rent BMO for games... come on there have to be minds that can make this work and get a team that can a) score! and b) win!

I'm in.
    I hear Forlan is available as a great first signing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At what point does the coach start to take responsibility for the state of the team, game tactics, and preperation. I know Nelson has very little to work with but even Winter had some good games to show progress. I dont know we can just all of a sidden expect the team to play well, i see no progress at all. I dont want to be the person who starts the call for his head,im just wondering. I have said this year is a trial, but are we seriously this bad? The team plays like they should be a few divisions down.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flamehawk View Post
    Anyone listen to Nelsen's interview on the TFC website? It's very disappointing ... he blames the result on 'Chivas losing a man'?? That's the first time I've ever heard that used. He claims we were playing well 11 vs 11, but that Chivas went into a shell after they went a man down and put TFC in danger through counters.. That is pretty ridiculous. I really don't want another coaching change, but my confidence in Nelsen is at an all time low.

DAMMIT. The old "counter when down to 10 men" way to win a game. Those bastards. Shoulda used our power of veto on the Chivas red card. Then we coulda lost the old fashioned way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    At what point does the coach start to take responsibility for the state of the team, game tactics, and preperation. I know Nelson has very little to work with but even Winter had some good games to show progress. I dont know we can just all of a sidden expect the team to play well, i see no progress at all. I dont want to be the person who starts the call for his head,im just wondering. I have said this year is a trial, but are we seriously this bad? The team plays like they should be a few divisions down.
    People are starting to regret Winter leaving. That's how sad it is being a TFC fan these days.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abou Sky View Post
    I'm pretty sure that you need 8 or you forfeit and we don't have that if you dump all the garbage.
    Does a forfeit leave us with more dignity than playing the actual game at this point? I think yes.......

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cmonyoureds View Post
    DAMMIT. The old "counter when down to 10 men" way to win a game. Those bastards. Shoulda used our power of veto on the Chivas red card. Then we coulda lost the old fashioned way.
    The next time the opposition gets red carded this idiot manager should then instruct one of our guys to kick their keeper inthe balls, just to make it even, and give our team a fighting chance.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC07 View Post
    People are starting to regret Winter leaving. That's how sad it is being a TFC fan these days.
    Just hope the next guy doesnt make us pine for Nelsen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This team has no offensive creativity. None. That is our main issue at the moment.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 69Chevy396 View Post
    The next time the opposition gets red carded this idiot manager should then instruct one of our guys to kick their keeper inthe balls, just to make it even, and give our team a fighting chance.
    Lol. Nice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    I'm not sure how far down the road we are, but an interesting stat pointed out by DeVos last night: 9 of the 11 starters were brought in by the new management. I know there's a lot of money sitting on the sidelines right now, waiting to be spent on transfer targets, but against a last place team up a man for 70 minutes? I would believe that a team of players chosen by management should be able to do the job. It wasn't an unreasonable thing to ask.

Personally, I think Nelsen will get the rest of this year. If it continues on close to the way things have been going, Leiweke will force him out. There is no way we splash major money on players while having big question marks over a rookie head coach. He has to show he's capable of something and then next year we'll have to make the playoffs. Leiweke doesn't strike me as being terribly patient...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    This team has no offensive creativity. None. That is our main issue at the moment.
    Everything about this team is offensive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    I'm not sure how far down the road we are, but an interesting stat pointed out by DeVos last night: 9 of the 11 starters were brought in by the new management. I know there's a lot of money sitting on the sidelines right now, waiting to be spent on transfer targets, but against a last place team up a man for 70 minutes? I would believe that a team of players chosen by management should be able to do the job. It wasn't an unreasonable thing to ask.

Personally, I think Nelsen will get the rest of this year. If it continues on close to the way things have been going, Leiweke will force him out. There is no way we splash major money on players while having big question marks over a rookie head coach. He has to show he's capable of something and then next year we'll have to make the playoffs. Leiweke doesn't strike me as being terribly patient...
    True, but alot of them were brought in as a short term stop gap measure. They were they best they were able to bring in, considering they were the over the salary cap, and were undermanned. And a number of them were brought in simply on loan deals.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hard to use the right tactic when you have nobody who can do that tactic.

They gave us the Central Mid.

Russel, Convey, & Bekker are not very creative.

Osorio does OK buts he's real young and needs to learn how to make decisions

Our WB's are not great crossers of the ball.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 69Chevy396 View Post
    Everything about this team is offensive.
    LOL. Sad but true.

On the bright side, there's really nowhere to go but up from this point forward for Leiweke, Payne, and Nelsen.