Page 68 of 288 FirstFirst ... 185864656667686970717278118168 ... LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,040 of 8618
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax TFC View Post
    If this Santos guy can be signed on the cheap, I would sign him up ASAP and have Lambe on the next plane to Bermuda to free up the international spot needed.

+1 absolutely true. Lambe barely jumped for headers yesterday ANd this kid wants to be a pro soccer player? I feel like he's waiting to be handed something...won't happen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah let's not get carried away here. Maybe we should thinking about getting rid of Lambe when we bring in three, yes three wide midfielders that are proven to be better than him. Like it or not, he's starting much like Dunfield was all of last year and the beginning of this year and getting rid of him for a central defenders puts us even further behind the 8 ball.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MartinUtd View Post
    Yeah let's not get carried away here. Maybe we should thinking about getting rid of Lambe when we bring in three, yes three wide midfielders that are proven to be better than him. Like it or not, he's starting much like Dunfield was all of last year and the beginning of this year and getting rid of him for a central defenders puts us even further behind the 8 ball.
    I dont want any more CB's, looking toward CM's

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T-boy View Post
    Idle gossip, move along.

Fuller MAYBE till the end of this season, but 3 years? Even the worst manager in the world wouldn't sign him for that!
    Mo might have if he was in charge still.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy No time to gel.

Every once and a while, I poke my head in this thread and look around. I read the all or nothing posts here and it reminds me why so many RPBs won't post here anymore. Give your heads a shake (pointing at now one in particular) and remember that players have good and bad days, it's a very competitive league with a small the salary cap (relative to the leagues posters often compare the MLS to). Anyhoo.....I like most of our upgrades this year. Our midfield and strike force needs work. I don't agree with O'Dea though. We can't keep having new players in every couple of weeks because we aren't winning games. At some point, we need to let the paint dry. The lack of chemistry yesterday was crazy. Three new players on the pitch yesterday. That's not a team. That's pick-up. Please stop the turnstile!
    "Failure simply isn't an option at this stage. TFC pushed its chips to the middle of the table when it splurged on Bradley and Defoe and reinforced its bet by making savvy acquisitions elsewhere. This collection of players is capable of delivering on the promises made during the close season. There are no more excuses available for TFC. Only success will continue the process of atoning for the past and establishing a higher standard for the future." FOX Sports

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Mo might have if he was in charge still.
    In 2009, not many former EPL players in MLS. Fuller would have gotten at least a look.
    In 2013, he'd have to go through a trial for most teams. Which speaks volumes of leap of quality in MLS
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DOMIN8R View Post
    Every once and a while, I poke my head in this thread and look around. I read the all or nothing posts here and it reminds me why so many RPBs won't post here anymore. Give your heads a shake (pointing at now one in particular) and remember that players have good and bad days, it's a very competitive league with a small the salary cap (relative to the leagues posters often compare the MLS to). Anyhoo.....I like most of our upgrades this year. Our midfield and strike force needs work. I don't agree with O'Dea though. We can't keep having new players in every couple of weeks because we aren't winning games. At some point, we need to let the paint dry. The lack of chemistry yesterday was crazy. Three new players on the pitch yesterday. That's not a team. That's pick-up. Please stop the turnstile!
    Agreed, very good points! As I've said before, I keep thinking of all the supposed "garbage" ex-TFC players who (before or after their time with TFC) did well for other MLS teams much better than TFC, or did well in other leagues better than or at least comparable with MLS. In some cases, maybe they weren't playing their best position for TFC; or just weren't a fit because of playing style; or should have been on the bench rather than starting. However, the one thing that is guaranteed not to work is the TFC turnstile which has been spinning non-stop for 7 years.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    Agreed, very good points! As I've said before, I keep thinking of all the supposed "garbage" ex-TFC players who (before or after their time with TFC) did well for other MLS teams much better than TFC, or did well in other leagues better than or at least comparable with MLS. In some cases, maybe they weren't playing their best position for TFC; or just weren't a fit because of playing style; or should have been on the bench rather than starting. However, the one thing that is guaranteed not to work is the TFC turnstile which has been spinning non-stop for 7 years.
    the 'turnstile' will keep going because Payne and Nelsen has essentially treated 1st half of this season as extended pre season camp. right now, there is a combination of temporary boost, extended trial, player evaluation going on. a lot of players right now won't be around by start of next season, because I don't think the Payne and Nelsen have the group of players they would like to take forward to 2014 yet. hence the short term loans (to see who will stick) and there will be couple of signings in summer transfer window
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On the issue of the turnstile, Saturday being the 11th game of the Reds 7th season, with three debuts in the game, a total 139 players have now suited up for the Reds in at least one competitive match.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    On the issue of the turnstile, Saturday being the 11th game of the Reds 7th season, with three debuts in the game, a total 139 players have now suited up for the Reds in at least one competitive match.
    WOW, That's really speaks volume of the management in this club.
    139 players went through the pipe and they still didn't find a winning formula
    A typical Toronto Sport Organisation

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Grant Wahl's column today has an inside look at TFC's trade with Sporting KC's trade for Bobby Coney:

When a player has problems with multiple teams, the problem is almost always the player, not the teams. Kansas City unloaded Bobby Convey to Toronto last week, and a K.C. source tells me Sporting just wanted to get rid of Convey, who had become a malcontent in the locker room. This is the same Convey who San Jose coach Frank Yallop was overjoyed to move from the Earthquakes before last season.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/soc...frank-lampard/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by moralis View Post
    Grant Wahl's column today has an inside look at TFC's trade with Sporting KC's trade for Bobby Coney:

When a player has problems with multiple teams, the problem is almost always the player, not the teams. Kansas City unloaded Bobby Convey to Toronto last week, and a K.C. source tells me Sporting just wanted to get rid of Convey, who had become a malcontent in the locker room. This is the same Convey who San Jose coach Frank Yallop was overjoyed to move from the Earthquakes before last season.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/soc...frank-lampard/

Oh great, now we got a locker room cancer (the last thing we need) He will probably be gone by end of this season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think we can jump to conclusions about Convey just yet. I'm sure Nelsen being a player himself will realize if there is a problem in the locker room and address it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Convey is somebody that both Payne and Nelson know fairly well, so its not like they are signing the unknown. Sometimes players don't get on with certain coaches or managers, it happens. He played almost 100 games for DC and 100 games for Reading, so clearly he CAN be content at a club. He starts with a clean slate here, like any other player we sign. Reputation means almost nothing when you sign a player.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think this player named the "best in MLS could be Kaka or mabye Esteban Granero?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Simeon Jackson was released from Norwich today. Do you guys think TFC should try and sign as an NON DP?:

http://www1.skysports.com/football/n...leased-players

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by moralis View Post
    Simeon Jackson was released from Norwich today. Do you guys think TFC should try and sign as an NON DP?:

http://www1.skysports.com/football/n...leased-players
    Yes, but however he's young and I am sure some team in Europe will offer him more money than we will.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No transfer fee? Yep grab him now. I wouldn't even mind putting him on a DP contract. I don't think he's going to get what he's looking for in England. He might be suited to come here and get back to good form.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BuSaPuNk View Post
    No transfer fee? Yep grab him now. I wouldn't even mind putting him on a DP contract. I don't think he's going to get what he's looking for in England. He might be suited to come here and get back to good form.
    don't pay DP money for Championship calibre player

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To me a DP contract shouldn't be given or considered because of someone's pedigree. Look at Laba. I hate that he's got a DP contract even though its a young DP. He came from Argentina, wasn't really targeted by any big teams what says he's worth it? And yes same could be said about Jackson. It's a crap shoot either way I say.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To me a DP contract shouldn't be given or considered because of someone's pedigree. Look at Laba. I hate that he's got a DP contract even though its a young DP. He came from Argentina, wasn't really targeted by any big teams what says he's worth it? And yes same could be said about Jackson. It's a crap shoot either way I say.
    Yes Laba takes up a DP slot and an international slot but he is also only $200k and that is a heck of a value. Think of what we can get for the $150k difference between young DP and full DP.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd sign Jackson for at the most $120k, but I doubt he'd go for it. He'll probably get picked up by a Championship team for much more than that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh for sure I can't deny that. But you start him on a young DP contract. When the time comes that he wants more will you keep him on a full DP contract? To me a DP contract should only be used for complete game breakers. Donovan, Henry, even Koevs you can't say he isn't worth it with one of the best strike rates in the leauge in the last two years.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Captaining an Argentine youth team probably says he's worth it. And the scouting. And the 60+ starts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's the problem you really want to trust the scouts that we don't have? Wasn't that the first thing Nelsen and Payne addressed? There was no scouting system when they got here. Not too sure Laba is a scouts best guy or a rush to judge signing as most of them have been.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's the problem you really want to trust the scouts that we don't have? Wasn't that the first thing Nelsen and Payne addressed? There was no scouting system when they got here. Not too sure Laba is a scouts best guy or a rush to judge signing as most of them have been.
    KP tracked Laba for 2 years and he was scouted multiple times before the transfer happened

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Payne said Laba was looked at extensively when he was with DC, he couldn't sign him then because of his limited budget. Damn Ninjas
    Last edited by Richard; 05-20-2013 at 08:52 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As far as Laba goes we just have to give our vote of confidence to him to play free and express him self thats the only way we'll see a return on our investment.

There's to much politics not related to football around this team and thats TFC's real problem.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guess I'm just not such a believer in Laba yet. Nothing is going to make me believe he deserves that DP contract. I just don't see how this is different then Vitti. I see this going the same way. Not to say Laba isn't a good player he's just might not be someone that can play the style of the MLS. Time will show but still not liking any of these signings. Loans or not. Should be looking at building a long term contender. If we're going to be losing and not getting results I would much rather have academy and younger players getting the experience and learning the game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

god I hate those DMs that don't score 15 20 goals a yr....jeezz