Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the support and props - Don't wish to thread steal but if wished i can create a new topic about the projected statistics and some other related soccer work i produce. I'm just happy that after 20 years of doing this type of work it can finally be about my home team

In terms of draft prospect questions:

Haber is a junior so realistically he will not be available until 2014 draft unless the MLS is willing to give him a GA tag which basically means the league guarantees him a salary which does not count against the MLS team cap who drafts him. It's basically a way the league protects the players transfer value otherwise the league fears the player will sign with a European club and the MLS will not get anything for him. Harber school Cornell is not really a soccer power in the states so its difficult to tell where he stands compared to all other players. Although this season they are undefeated and if Cornell is able to do well in the tournament his value will raise tremendously.

Matheson might already be a TFC player under the new homegrown rule which now says if a player plays youth level for a MLS team and then goes to college the MLS team can retain his rights. This idea overall is quite controversial because its basically eliminating the draft and I believe its hurt the Canadian clubs since its not automatic that our teams would develop players to play at an NCAA level. Funny enough the Homegrown rule existed in the old days NHL and is the main reason the Montreal Canadians dominated as they had the rights to all players based in Quebec.

Finally in terms of the Senior Canadians I have more hopes for Welshman than I do Bekker primarily because of position. Bekker plays an Attacking Midfielder and is in charge of almost all of Boston College set plays which he'll probably never get a chance to do at an MLS level. Welshman is your typical winger/forward sort of a Wiederman type who in the MLS are readily available. So if I did draft either it be in the later rounds.

The final draft list doesn't come out until after the 2012 NCAA Tournament at that point I'll update all the players including ones who have impressed this season and have a better idea who TFC should take.
    Last edited by ENBSports; 10-10-2012 at 04:44 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ENBSports View Post
    Thanks for the support and props - Don't wish to thread steal but if wished i can create a new topic about the projected statistics and some other related soccer work i produce. I'm just happy that after 20 years of doing this type of work it can finally be about my home team

Haber is a junior so realistically he will not be available until 2014 draft unless the MLS is willing to give him a GA tag which basically means the league guarantees him a salary which does not count against the MLS team cap who drafts him. It's basically a way the league protects the players transfer value otherwise the league fears the player will sign with a European club and the MLS will not get anything for him. Harber school Cornell is not really a soccer power in the states so its difficult to tell where he stands compared to all other players. Although this season they are undefeated and if Cornell is able to do well in the tournament his value will raise tremendously.

Matheson might already be a TFC player under the new homegrown rule which now says if a player plays youth level for a MLS team and then goes to college the MLS can retain his rights. This idea overall is quite controversial because its basically eliminating the draft and I believe its hurt the Canadian clubs since its not automatic that our teams would develop players to play at an NCAA level. Funny enough the Homegrown rule existed in the old days NHL and is the main reason the Montreal Canadians dominated as they had the rights to all players based in Quebec.

Finally in terms of the Senior Canadians I have more hopes for Welshman than I do Bekker primarily because of position. Bekker plays an Attacking Midfielder and is in charge of almost all of Boston College set plays which he'll probably never get a chance to do at an MLS level. Welshman is your typical winger/forward sort of a Wiederman type who in the MLS are readily available. So if I did draft either it be in the later rounds.

The final draft list doesn't come out until after the 2012 NCAA Tournament at that point I'll update all the players including ones who have impressed this season and have a better idea who TFC should take.
    Allando Matheson is a home grown protected player for the Reds, just like when Matt Stinson went down and played a NCAA season at Winthrop before signing a pro deal with Toronto.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't remember what news paper had it, but there was an article about Haber recently and talked about there being interest from Europe clubs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Matheson might already be a TFC player under the new homegrown rule which now says if a player plays youth level for a MLS team and then goes to college the MLS team can retain his rights. This idea overall is quite controversial because its basically eliminating the draft and I believe its hurt the Canadian clubs since its not automatic that our teams would develop players to play at an NCAA level. Funny enough the Homegrown rule existed in the old days NHL and is the main reason the Montreal Canadians dominated as they had the rights to all players based in Quebec.

Eric Zavaleta's tearing it up. Woudl you take him if you couldn't get Zardes? Big, strong, athletic, finisher. Also, what's your take on Ashton Bennet as a potential high pick?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Without Zardes in the mix I think Eric Zavaleta could be the number 1 pick although there is issues regarding a position at the MLS level and has some of the issue Wenger had in the last draft. Based on a current list of players and taking into account HG, I don't think there is any player who stands out as automatic number one. If i was TFC I might trade down and then draft for position. In relation to this topic I think the big upside and maybe the only to this TFC season was Ashtone Morgan. If I was in charge I would implement a 5-2-3 system that Juventus use - http://enbsports.blogspot.ca/2012/09...pth-chart.html. Draft an athletically gifted RB with speed to match Morgan on the left. Then draft a winger to play with Johnson upfront behind Kovermans (if they all stay) and with any other picks try to get some depth in either Central Defense or Defensive Midfield. Although I also think its mandatory to draft GA's as they don't count against your cap.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the support and props - Don't wish to thread steal but if wished i can create a new topic about the projected statistics and some other related soccer work i produce.
    Thanks, and yes please. Interested in your methodology, as much (or more) than the predictions.
    "There are some people who might have better technique than me, and some may be fitter than me, but the main thing is tactics. With most players, tactics are missing. You can divide tactics into insight, trust, and daring." - Johan Cruyff

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Thanks, and yes please. Interested in your methodology, as much (or more) than the predictions.
    I posted the information here - http://redpatchboys.ca/forums/showth...n-Introduction