RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2 days till the last match of the round of World Cup Qualifiers at home!!! Canada vs Cuba Friday at BMO!!!

Remaining Supporters tix in 117 available through the Voyageurs home page.

line up:CANADA
    1- GK- Lars Hirschfeld | NOR / Vålerenga Fotball
    2- M- Nik Ledgerwood | SWE / Hammarby Fotboll
    3- FB- Mike Klukowski | CYP / APOEL
    4- CB- Kevin McKenna | GER / FC Köln
    5- CB- André Hainault | USA / Houston Dynamo
    6- M - Julian de Guzman | USA / FC Dallas
    7- F- Iain Hume | ENG / Doncaster Rovers
    8- M- Will Johnson | USA / Real Salt Lake
    9- F- Tosaint Ricketts | NOR / Vålerenga Fotball
    10- F- Simeon Jackson | ENG / Norwich City FC
    11- FB- Marcel de Jong | GER / FC Augsburg
    12- CB- Dejan Jaković | USA / D.C. United
    13- M- Atiba Hutchinson | NED / PSV Eindhoven
    14- M - Terry Dunfield | CAN / Toronto FC
    15- CB- David Edgar | ENG / Burnley FC
    16- M- Pedro Pacheco | POR / CD Santa Clara
    17- F- Olivier Occean | GER / Eintracht Frankfurt
    18- GK- Milan Borjan | TUR / Sivasspor
    19- FB- Ante Jazić | USA / Chivas USA
    20- M - Patrice Bernier | CAN / Impact Montréal
    22- GK- Kenny Stamatopoulos | SWE / AIK Fotbol
    Last edited by Fort York Redcoat; 10-10-2012 at 06:54 AM.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Paul Mariner's Father passed away.

I dont like the guy as a coach, but my prayers are with him on this one.

http://www.thestar.com/sports/soccer/mls/article/1268608--father-of-tfc-coach-paul-mariner-dies-in-england

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Toronto Star: 'Official Newspaper of Toronto FC', who almost never cover the team ran that article about the colour of the boots that TFC players wear.

I am a footy nut and even I could not be bothered reading such drivel. Unreal.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How do we expect accountability from the management of this club, when the mainstream media - who are supposed to serve as a major check-and-balance mechanism and hold these managers' feet to the fire - are writing about the FUCKING COLOUR OF THE BOOTS THE PLAYERS ARE WEARING?!??!?!?!?!

Holy shit. There are few things that truly render me speechless about TFC given the wide variety of madness we've seen over the last six years, but this is up there.

Way to weigh in with serious reportage about the world's worst soccer club, Canadian Press. Bravo.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The same article ran in both the Toronto Star and the Globe and Mail. The Globe and Mail just chose a different headline.

It was a Canadian Press article.

Classic fluff piece though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cap management failure, I honestly dont see how O'Dea is any different than Miguel Aceval.

I gotta ask, WTF is the love affair with Terry Dunfield? Isnt Jaimie Peters available? What about Joseph Dichiara?
    Last edited by [NBF]; 10-10-2012 at 11:11 AM.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by [NBF] View Post
    Cap management failure, I honestly dont see how O'Dea is any different than Miguel Aceval.

I gotta ask, WTF is the love affair with Terry Dunfield? Isnt Jaimie Peters available? What about Joseph Dichiara?
    Um he wants to play here? Why would either of those other Canadians want the paycut?
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DangerRed View Post
    How do we expect accountability from the management of this club, when the mainstream media - who are supposed to serve as a major check-and-balance mechanism and hold these managers' feet to the fire - are writing about the FUCKING COLOUR OF THE BOOTS THE PLAYERS ARE WEARING?!??!?!?!?!

Holy shit. There are few things that truly render me speechless about TFC given the wide variety of madness we've seen over the last six years, but this is up there.

Way to weigh in with serious reportage about the world's worst soccer club, Canadian Press. Bravo.
    I really hope that there is direction and a plan BEFORE I get a call for renewels! If they expect people to renew AT THE END OF THE SEASON with no plan or a full team or any new signings, this will get really bad.

Even from the optimistic side of things...if Mariner is basically playing the "bench" and giving O'Dea an idea of the league, but gets his reinforcements in to fill the gaps, there may be a chance of a competitive team. But why on earth Williams and Cann are on the bench with Avila still boggle my mind. Why Emory and Wiedeman are starters boggles my mind....Im not sure what is going on with the field product.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well done again by Fletcher. He asks incredibly obvious questions about the performance of the management team nobody else is willing to touch.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Went to the Raptor's game on Monday against Real Madrid and I hadn't looked through my photos until this morning. This one piqued my interest:

I would have loved to hear that conversation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark83 View Post
    Went to the Raptor's game on Monday against Real Madrid and I hadn't looked through my photos until this morning. This one piqued my interest:

Is that Anselmi?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^
    yep, that's the man
    RPB Road Warrior: supporting Toronto FC anywhere on planet earth

TM: YYZ Red Patch Army #18, FC

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anselmi is just discussing the phone calls he wants Frings to make to all non-renewing season ticket holders.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anselmi is asking Torsten if he will donate a few thousand hair follicles for his upcoming Hair Club for Men appointment. Not only is he a client, he wants to become President.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I heard Anselmi tell a reporter after the game "Although Real Madrid strangely didn't have Ike Casillas guarding the basket net or Christian Ronaldo scoring points, we're extremely proud of the Raptors for beating one of the best teams in the world."

/sarcasm

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't see the high lights of the game, how empty was the ACC for this?

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not BMO Field levels of emptiness but pretty close. They were actually giving away 4 free tickets to anyone whol followed the team on Twitter and it was still dead. It was a good game though, glad I went.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by narduch View Post
    Anselmi is just discussing the phone calls he wants Frings to make to all non-renewing season ticket holders.
    and hopefully Torsten is discussing what Anselmi should do with the team and what he thinks of Mariner

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yagbod View Post
    The Toronto Star: 'Official Newspaper of Toronto FC', who almost never cover the team ran that article about the colour of the boots that TFC players wear.

I am a footy nut and even I could not be bothered reading such drivel. Unreal.
    I remember the day these questions about the colourful boots came up in a presser with Mariner, post-practice up at the Downsview facility. It's probably still up on the TFC video website. One of the very few Mariner interviews I could bring myself to watch in the past few months, and the journalist starts asking about this crap. Before that there had been some semi-useful questions by other journalists. Then a total non-sequiter and this guy starts asking Mariner what he thinks about the colourful boots the players are wearing, I couldn't believe my ears. The guy asked some other useless question afterwards, about goal celebrations or something like that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not BMO Field levels of emptiness but pretty close. They were actually giving away 4 free tickets to anyone whol followed the team on Twitter and it was still dead. It was a good game though, glad I went.
    Remember, it was a preseason game, so not that much to play for, and there were a lot of MLB playoff games to watch as well. You'll get a better sense of Raptor fandom if you go to the ACC about 30 games into the season. That said, there's alot of good buzz about the Raptors this year, but so there was with TFC. Fortunately, Bryan Colangelo knows what he's doing - he's probably forgotten more about basketball than Anselmi ever knew about soccer.