Page 68 of 89 FirstFirst ... 185864656667686970717278 ... LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,040 of 2645
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Couchy81 View Post
    Anyone concerned with Henry's development cannot seriously believe he will learn anything useful from playing with Cann, Williams or Harden. Emory isn't a good backup either. We need a solid CB more than ever. Even Nesta at his age would have been useful to guide Henry in the right direction. Playing him out of his position and using Eckersley as a replacement is a panic move, with long term negative consequences if it is permanent for this season.
    I honesty think Henry hasn't been any better than Emory, though some of Henry's mistakes is partly due to him playing RB instead of CB
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    I honesty think Henry hasn't been any better than Emory, though some of Henry's mistakes is partly due to him playing RB instead of CB
    This is true but we're talking about his potential, not his current play. He does need more work, he needs some guidance on the field while he is playing. Playing him at RB and not having any experienced quality CB's on the team will set him back years and/or worst case ruin his potential, which is the negative consequences I am worried about.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by denime View Post
    If I'm not mistaken Hassli has contract until June 30 .2013 and after that club has an option,means if we sign Melbberg and we do not declare DK season ending injury for 2103(retirement) ,we will have 4 DPs on contract by the start of next season in March 2013.
    Hassli signed on March 4th 2011 with Vancouver for a "2 years plus option" contract. I'm assuming that means 2 years from March 4th? I can't find any article that states an actual date anywhere or if it goes to June 2013?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T-boy View Post
    This forum is full of people saying "if X happens, then Y will FOR SURE happen". That isn't factual, that's purely conjecture, at best. You can't predict the future, nobody can! My answer is always "well, how do we KNOW this for sure? Maybe we should see what happens before we make assumptions and use factless conjecture based on opinion". I don't see how that is moving goal posts - its being calm and reasoned! I always try and ask the right questions in threads - see if I can get the facts out from the conjecture.
    I don't KNOW if I run through traffic I'm going to get flattened by a truck. Would you say to someone - saying you'll get run over is purely conjecture, you can't predict the future - nobody can! Technically that is true - however - you can objectively assess a situation and based on past experience, and in this case with TFC, see patterns repeating themselves. Considering the 'success' the team has had one would likely not see those patterns as positives but red flags, and to ensure the past doesn't repeat itself avoid them all together?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by spark View Post
    I don't KNOW if I run through traffic I'm going to get flattened by a truck. Would you say to someone - saying you'll get run over is purely conjecture, you can't predict the future - nobody can! Technically that is true - however - you can objectively assess a situation and based on past experience, and in this case with TFC, see patterns repeating themselves. Considering the 'success' the team has had one would likely not see those patterns as positives but red flags, and to ensure the past doesn't repeat itself avoid them all together?
    When a new coach takes over a football club, nothing is certain. NOTHING! It's not like playing russian roulette or running through traffic where the probability is against you.

The certainty was that when Mariner took over as coach, he HAD to make changes to get results. I said he was simplify the game and he should change formation. He did. Good call. But I don't know, and nobody else does, what he will do from this point onwards. Will he keep the status quo and keep going with the same results (maybe?). Will keep keep going along the lines of the second half against Colorado? Maybe?

Can you predict? I definitely can't!

The fact is that football clubs go in and out of form, some win season after season and then slump (Notts Forest), some peak and then disapear again (Oxford United) and others never win a league title in their existence! Football isn't a game where you will always win, or even EVER win! The MLS has 18 teams going for the cup, and they are all competing to beat the other teams to it! Football isn't ever a certainty!

If football was a certainty, I would win thousands in football betting every week! We are all amateur football "pundits", but none of us here are professional coaches! Can't we sometimes agree to disagree without lowering to personal insults? We all support the same TEAM for X sake!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JonO View Post
    I generally disagree with most of what T-boy posts (sorry), but shouldn't we be beyond name calling here? I'm not on as often anymore, so I may be missing something, but this just seems childish...
    Well I am obviously not a frequent poster according to the stats but do enjoy reading the comments and debate on the forums and have for some time. I would have to agree that the attacks on T-Boy seem personal. It would be boring if everyone agreed and I have to believe there are more civil ways to disagree/ refute etc. Hey, its this kind of posting 'productivity' under fire that generates further discussion and debate that keeps it interesting around her doesn't it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If football was a certainty, I would win thousands in football betting every week! We are all amateur football "pundits", but none of us here are professional coaches! Can't we sometimes agree to disagree without lowering to personal insults? We all support the same TEAM for X sake!
    Where was the personal insult?!?!?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So its the 25th of July, two days from the TL deadline, and we got Hassli, Weedman and some guy who likes to dive after he scores.

Anybody else or is TFC done?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When a new coach takes over a football club, nothing is certain. NOTHING! It's not like playing russian roulette or running through traffic where the probability is against you.

The certainty was that when Mariner took over as coach, he HAD to make changes to get results. I said he was simplify the game and he should change formation. He did. Good call. But I don't know, and nobody else does, what he will do from this point onwards. Will he keep the status quo and keep going with the same results (maybe?). Will keep keep going along the lines of the second half against Colorado? Maybe?

Can you predict? I definitely can't!

The fact is that football clubs go in and out of form, some win season after season and then slump (Notts Forest), some peak and then disapear again (Oxford United) and others never win a league title in their existence! Football isn't a game where you will always win, or even EVER win! The MLS has 18 teams going for the cup, and they are all competing to beat the other teams to it! Football isn't ever a certainty!

I personally don't believe the formation needed to change to get results. In fact, I got reprimanded by some people on the board, including you, who said that no one had a problem with 4-3-3, it was Winter's particular version of it that was the problem. So I'm a bit confused about that. Was it the formation or Winter's version?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don Garber just said the league didn't break down the Mellberg deal and Toronto didn't feel it was an economical decision to sign him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So Garber said that Mellberg was unquestionably rejected by Toronto FC (due to financial reasons) and the league did absolutely no "nixing" of the player. Truth? Where does this put us then? Another scheme by the lying FO?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don Garber just stated that it was TFC who nixed the deal with mellberg for financial reasons.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I suppose that meant he wanted DP money and TFC weren't able to give it to him? At least for TFC's sake I hope that's how it went down.
    Proud Supporter of: FC Bayern München, AIK Solna, Toronto FC, Nottingham Forest FC

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Corpand View Post
    Another scheme by the lying FO?
    Which would make sense because the rumour that it was MLS that nixed the deal came from one of the TFC FO's biggest mouthpieces/apologists.

My speculation is that someone in the TFC FO leaked the misinformation to make the club look better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

5 years they play around with you guys and everytime tou guys believe all the shit that they promise

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ArmenJBX View Post
    Don Garber just said the league didn't break down the Mellberg deal and Toronto didn't feel it was an economical decision to sign him.
    That sounds reasonable. If he was going to be available for a fair price (whatever that is) then he may be worth signing.

As soon as the fee becomes something that you have to question, however, you have to start wondering whether it`s a worthwhile venture.

If you chuck a few grand into fixing up your car to get it running again, and the mechanic gives you a couple more items that need correcting (but it`ll run fine for now), you may be inclined to wait until later for those other fixes - or at least until you can find the needed parts cheaper somewhere (oh, I do go on sometimes).

Allz I`m saying is that MLSE is probably thinking that they`ve chucked enough dough into this team for this season, and as we`ve hit a bit of a green patch let`s see if we can coast across the finish line.
    a ha ha heh he hoo.. ha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Luke Wileman ‏@LukeWileman
    #MLS Commissioner Don Garber says Toronto FC decided the Olof Mellberg deal wasn't in their best interest.

Ives Galarcep ‏@SoccerByIves
    Interesting because multiple sources told me TFC had a 2.5 year, $1.5 million a year deal in place w/Mellberg, but MLS killed the deal.

Duane Rollins ‏@24thminute
    For the record, CSN's sources are IN the #TFC front office and it's been confirmed by those VERY high. @thesoccerdon is lying.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfc2008 View Post
    5 years they play around with you guys and everytime tou guys believe all the shit that they promise
    It's the MLSE way. Give them hope but not the results.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Super View Post
    For the record, CSN's sources are IN the #TFC front office and it's been confirmed by those VERY high. @thesoccerdon is lying.
    LOL.

Earl Cochrane perhaps?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I trust Ives' sources.
    Last edited by ManUtd4ever; 07-25-2012 at 09:31 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    I trust Ives' sources.
    Ives sources are probably also in the TFC FO. Which history shows aren't trustworthy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Super View Post

Really? I'm going to compare the "very high" sources to Tim Hortons 15 minutes fresh guarantee on their coffee, or whatever it is. It doesn't matter who it comes from if it starts life as a hot steaming pot of shit, it's going to remain a pot of shit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by narduch View Post
    Ives sources are probably also in the TFC FO. Which history shows aren't trustworthy.
    He said multiple sources. I doubt he was strictly referring to multiple sources from TFC, and Ives is known to have reliable sources within MLS.
    Last edited by ManUtd4ever; 07-25-2012 at 09:41 PM.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hassli signed on March 4th 2011 with Vancouver for a "2 years plus option" contract. I'm assuming that means 2 years from March 4th? I can't find any article that states an actual date anywhere or if it goes to June 2013?
    If Hassli's contract is the rumoured 2 years plus a club option then they simple decline to exercise the option and attempt to negotiate an non-DP contract with Eric.
    Most MLS contracts run four years, two guaranteed and two at the club’s option,remember DeRo option were 2+2 or 4 for less $$.Eric Hassli is about to complete the 2nd year of his contract, which, assuming it was two years guaranteed, and two at the club option, could be exactly what the club wants right now. They could decline his option, and then offer him a new one with lesser terms.

This is what I found is this article from 2011

http://www.eightysixforever.com/2011...gnated-players

Hassli's contract runs for four years at a designated player's salary. By the time it expires, he'll be a 34-year-old big target striker or, as I prefer to say, "so far over the hill you'll need a train to get him back to the top." Hassli as a designated player is defensible. Hassli as a designated player for four years isn't.

and here too http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/ha...ler_12031.html

Contract until:
    30.06.2015 - 2 years =30.06.2013

Now who to believe?

TFC FO, F*CK NO !!I'm not even sure they know what contract he had with Vancouver,we will find out next year before new season starts,until then is just circus as usual.
    Last edited by denime; 07-25-2012 at 09:42 PM.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm actually a little shocked that Duane Rollins is willing to libel Don Garber on twitter. He must really be bitter about being fired by MLS as their TFC beat writer.

Why we he go to bat so hard for the fuckheads in the TFC FO?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Transfermakt is know for being wrong on these things. This was the same site that said De Guzman's contract ended in June of 2012.

It would seem really weird for an MLS team to sign a player to a contract that ends in the middle of the season.

What is most likely happening is that these European sites don't understand the MLS summer season and they post wrong dates.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You know, these TFC reporter guys remind me of all the hockey talking heads.

So worried about getting info they don't dare tick somebody off by looking at either the big picture or at trends or at long term performance.

Just gotta be the first one to get the scoop.

Frankly, I don't care who gets the scoop.

I'd like to see one of those types actually hold TFC managements feet to the fire and ask for a quote on the record about what the heck happened with Melberg. This off the record stuff just allows the head office to get away with playing politics.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by narduch View Post
    Transfermakt is know for being wrong on these things. This was the same site that said De Guzman's contract ended in June of 2012.

It would seem really weird for an MLS team to sign a player to a contract that ends in the middle of the season.

What is most likely happening is that these European sites don't understand the MLS summer season and they post wrong dates.
    Maybe,here is another one.

http://www.tribalfootball.com/articl...hassli-1488671
    Vancouver Whitecaps have signed FC Zurich striker Eric Hassli.
    The Frenchman has penned a four-year deal with the expansion club, says the Vancouver Sun.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thank god the league is watching out for us,a dp contract for mellberg...wtf.
    has the F O noticed the 4 to 5k empty seats every game,the next dp has to sell some tickets.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    thank god the league is watching out for us,a dp contract for mellberg...wtf.
    has the F O noticed the 4 to 5k empty seats every game,the next dp has to sell some tickets.
    People come when you're winning. Add Mellberg to our defense and we'll be a much more complete side that could win more games. Then you'll fill those seats. No star sells tickets in this league, really, except maybe Beckham.