Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Belfast_Boy View Post
    I like the both the boycott and paper bag idea. anything to send a message.

I have no problem with boycott,paper bag,whatever RPB as group decide I'm in.

Issue with boycott is timing,Trane suggested to do it if we lose next home game,boycott would mean to miss next home game before it was even played.
    Paper bags,yeah why not,nothing special but will be spotted for sure.

Does not matter what direction we go,it will be very difficult to get everyone to do it.
    We have so many people who are in the stands and simply wont do it ,we have people with an anti-authority attitude who are very active on this board but don't want to be a part of anything significant like boycott,protest,tifo, this or that.

Paper bags,turning back to the pitch while singing and chanting before/during the game,and Gate 4 after the game in case they don't win next home game.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If TFC lose their next game, I'm going to throw my underpants on the field.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Throw a $100 bill at the field why dontcha.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let moon the team!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if we lose the next two games I think we have to do something as a group. otherwise we're being fed a shit sandwich, we're saying thank you and asking for more.

Personally I say we go to the head office. this is about the management not the players.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think we should just show up and do a sit in. No chanting. Sitting in the supporters section might just be as loud as the chanting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Occupy BMO Field. human shield around the main entrance.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Next home game is Dero's return to BMO. Just tossing that tidbit into the cauldron.
    "There are some people who might have better technique than me, and some may be fitter than me, but the main thing is tactics. With most players, tactics are missing. You can divide tactics into insight, trust, and daring." - Johan Cruyff

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A silent match or not being there would be taken as lack of support for the team as a whole, including the players.

Everybody wearing bags on their heads .........that would get noticed. That's the universal sign of displeasure and a massive simultaneous display would get the point across that something needs to change.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Next home game is Dero's return to BMO. Just tossing that tidbit into the cauldron.
    Cheer when he has the football.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if we lose the next two games I think we have to do something as a group. otherwise we're being fed a shit sandwich, we're saying thank you and asking for more.

Personally I say we go to the head office. this is about the management not the players.
    If we lose next two games we don't have to do anything,Winter will be gone by the time we play DC,and if he is still around than Gate 4 protest is a must after wearing bags on our heads during the game.

Sitting in supporters section will not be noticed as bags and if U-Sector does not want to sit down than all sit down protest will just look embarrassing.

I still hope we will not need to do any of this,but that's just me.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ryan View Post
    Only when he wears CMNT Jersey,other than that fuck him,nothing personal but at the end of the day he is an enemy in DCU jersey.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Trucker bombs. I say we throw trucker bombs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by billyfly View Post
    Trucker bombs. I say we throw trucker bombs.
    you've been hanging out on the verges collecting them again? you disgust me.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Are you fed up? Do you want to send one hell of a message???

Quote Originally Posted by ryan View Post
    Big cheers - recognizing DeRo's accomplishments in the face of adversity, will send ONE HELL OF A MESSAGE. You don't have to agree with everything he has done, or all that has happened, to recognize talent and drive - give it up for the home town boy! He has scored almost as many goals against us last year as we have scored ALL season, this year. We should give it up for the 2011 MLS MVP - a Scarborough boy! Give credit, where credit is due, and acknowledge our own sad situation since he has left. Afterwards, throw your friggin TFC Jersey onto the field - effing eh!
    Last edited by tiberius; 04-27-2012 at 05:06 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You guys are ridiculous. So not cheering or abandoning the seats would be seen as a lack of support for the players but wearing paper bags or throwing jerseys on the field or cheering opposition players isn't? There's a simple and effective protest method here.

Talk to every Blue Jays and Maple Leafs fan you know (and the ones you don't), and let it be known at 4pm on friday shut down Jarvis outside the Rogers building with as many people as we can round up. Banners like "Wins>Profits" and things like that. That's a TV studio. They film live TV there all afternoon. Plus is a high traffic area. Plus would send a STRONG message to the owners of the team whats what without turning on the players. Then the next week, same thing outside the Bell offices. They're the new owners, they're the ones who have to fix this. Anselmi clearly doesn't care. His new bosses probably will.

Edit: And down the road, I plan on protesting outside Gate 5 before the Liverpool friendly. As many as wish to join, join. At least the press can see what TFCs fans think of the whole business. It's all about visibility. The more people who can see us, the bigger the stage, the more people who get annoyed or pissed off, the more embarrassing the situation is for Rogers/Bell. And believe me, CBC leading off the national news on a friday night with "Angry Toronto sports fans shut down a major artery during rush hour this evening protesting the ownership of their team, claiming Rogers and Bell media's as owners of Maple Leaf Sports...." It would be a REAL kick in the ass to them. Bring them up to speed on the situation

Edit 2: I don't see what 1 or 2 wins have to do with any of this. If ownership isn't competant a few wins isn't changing that. Anselmi needs to go no matter what happens. And they clearly need a wake up call on thinking we're an ATM they can just withdraw cash from
    Last edited by Waggy; 04-26-2012 at 09:15 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Waggy View Post
    You guys are ridiculous. So not cheering or abandoning the seats would be seen as a lack of support for the players but wearing paper bags or throwing jerseys on the field or cheering opposition players isn't? There's a simple and effective protest method here.

Talk to every Blue Jays and Maple Leafs fan you know (and the ones you don't), and let it be known at 4pm on friday shut down Jarvis outside the Rogers building with as many people as we can round up. Banners like "Wins>Profits" and things like that. That's a TV studio. They film live TV there all afternoon. Plus is a high traffic area. Plus would send a STRONG message to the owners of the team whats what without turning on the players. Then the next week, same thing outside the Bell offices. They're the new owners, they're the ones who have to fix this. Anselmi clearly doesn't care. His new bosses probably will.
    Now you are talkin' - this is the absolute only message that will be understood - real, publicized embarassment. This is the only thing that will work. Please note Waggy that this type of talk may cause bannings and execution on the RPB web site, based on past experience... lol...
    Last edited by tiberius; 04-27-2012 at 05:07 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your pic is awsome Tiberius .

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default from a bygone era...

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Your pic is awsome Tiberius .
    I resurrected the squirrel from a bygone era when even a squirrel could put it in the net - one of our club's top ten funny (furry) moments! The September 2007 squirrel had the stands going wild over this rodent! "This is our squirrel! This is our squirrel!" "Sign the squirrel, sign the squirrel" As the infamously incompetent hired security goons tried in vain to wrestle this young naked fella to the ground, he elluded them all and ran into the relative safety of the opposition's net! You gotta admit - it is funnier than where we are today!

(p.s. I can't take credit, I stole the squirrel from this site...forgive me, but I can't remember who first produced the TFC mascot... perhaps someone can give credit where credit is due...??)

Last edited by tiberius; 04-26-2012 at 10:27 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i just sent one of my jerseys in for lettering
    i stayed off the board for two weeks and feel great.
    back to ignoring this garbage.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^
    Your post contributed nothing to this thread...

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ I felt it added some useful perspective. Those of us who are on the boards often, may get quite wrapped up in these discussions. We may think most supporters believe one of the viewpoints frequently expressed here; or are at least interested in the discussion.

Lots of folks are probably turned off from the whole thing, for a couple of reasons.
    Last edited by Auzzy; 04-26-2012 at 11:53 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

why not just wear black shirts? maybe not for the DC Game, as that is their colour, but if we're 0-7 after that game, put away the red until this thing is straightened out. At the very least, it would mean MLSE wouldn't be able to use the RPB images to market the team.
    If you want to get noticed by the front office, and the media, throw some waffles. But that would have some security reprecussions for sure.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glaze View Post
    why not just wear black shirts? maybe not for the DC Game, as that is their colour, but if we're 0-7 after that game, put away the red until this thing is straightened out. At the very least, it would mean MLSE wouldn't be able to use the RPB images to market the team.
    If you want to get noticed by the front office, and the media, throw some waffles. But that would have some security reprecussions for sure.
    I think wearing any colour other than red and banners and possibly not cheering for the team in the first 15 mins is possible to be effective. or better yet leaving the stands with a message in the stands (like this one protest a danish or Swedish supporters group did to protest games being on mondays)

the message could be something like: "THIS IS WHAT WILL HAPPEN IF CHANGES ARE NOT MADE" or "this is what ML$E has done to our club, PUSH PEOPLE AWAY" something along those lines.
    Last edited by Furtado91; 04-27-2012 at 06:31 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know how on earth this has become such a consensus like sentiment.

I get that people blame the coaching and management but to say that going 0-6 has nothing to do with the players is wrong.

It's impossible not to put some blame on the players. Even the saint like players have shit the bed at times this year and contributed to the terrible start (ie Frings' recent assist 20 seconds into a game for the opposition)

The whole club deserves to be embarrassed by whatever protest people choose to hold.

On that note...if its a management issue why no suggestions on how to humiliate Mariner?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Waffles. MLSE related.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by v00d00daddy View Post
    On that note...if its a management issue why no suggestions on how to humiliate Mariner?
    Because it has already long since been decided who the villains are.

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Trane for Prime Minister.
    NOTICE: Wager with STB: OVER 2 shots on goal in the First half wins a Pint at HT.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got your solution to losing for a 7th straight:

The Refund Chant:

Reeeeeeeeeeeee.......Fuuuuuuuunnnnnd!!

This would be most effective IMO after the 90 minutes and through the added time.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Waggy View Post

this sounds good. I'd do it.