Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by spe18 View Post
    I heard on HNIC the proposed sale of MLSE has hit some roadblocks, as the Competition Bureau has some issues with Bell owing both the Leafs and the Canadiens (or something like that).
    Well thats the worst news I have heard in a long time..

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ginkster88 View Post
    Supporters against activist supporters are pushing activist supporters away.

That's what he's saying.
    There are different types of support. There's no wrong way unless it causes harm to another. I don't wish to degrade activist support. I just haven't seen any I'd deem active in a while now.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Day one of my personal protest was hard but I managed through it. didn't buy a beer, coke, sandwich, butty, shirt, hat, hot dog or anything else.
    think MLSE are feeling the pain already.

Fight Da POWER!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^Drink free since MoJee

welcome to the club

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This Jennifer Benson woman has actual names in the so-called Red Patch Boys group scandal:

#TFC Supporters Group Scandal - Red Patch Boys' R.Wagner, P.Lewicki, B.Aguilar, J.Depoe & 'Parkdale' on MLSE payroll.. Pres. P.Tobin = clean

https://twitter.com/#!/wordonbaystre...95275109253120

This B***** better have proof.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

It's a troll. Pretty funny, but nothing further than that
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I saw that. I am calling BS.

I know the RPBs around here won't want to address this issue publicly, because frankly it borders on slander and they don't want to give it more light. But as someone who used to be part of the group and now isn't, I think I have a unique perspective on this and I can tell you that the group itself makes extraordinary efforts to do things clean and beneficial to all fans, while trying to benefit the membership first and foremost. It's how it should be. If I recall correctly, there are times where the team makes tickets available in 112 for Red Patch Boys, and they do so through the executive of the group (mentioned in the tweet). I don't see anything wrong with that and if that is what this chick is talking about, she is casting a very insignificant practice in a poor light for the sake of juicy gossip.

False accusations don't need anymore attention than that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    Are you insinuating supporting the team is chasing loyal supporters away? Please explain.
    Supporters who support in a more traditional football way, i.e. no blind loyalty to the club, have left the group because they have not liked the suggestion made by others, that they it should be "TFC love it, or leave it"

Do not get me wrong, they love tfc, but they will not stop pushing for better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ginkster88 View Post
    Supporters against activist supporters are pushing activist supporters away.

That's what he's saying.
    Exactly.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    I don't see anything wrong with that and if that is what this chick is talking about, she is casting a very insignificant practice in a poor light for the sake of juicy gossip.
    The accusation (absurd as it sounds) is free seasons tickets. I don't see anything wrong with them simply passing extra tickets for the section from time to time to pass around. And I don't see anything wrong with a free seasons ticket for the capo (not that ever has happened AFAIK).

As much as I expect that one doesn't to give publicity to false accusations, I'd think it was best interest of everyone to make it clear that this doesn't happen.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Since RPB does not have a default capo for every game (nor Usector) it would be near impossible to give "free" seasons to them.

What the team does do, and I know from personal experience, is give passes to the restricted areas of the stadium during the game so the capos can move freely.

No biggy in my mind.

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are no free tickets at all for us. No tickets for Capo's, no tickets for the drum, nothing.

I paid and I know for a fact all members who are seasons ticket holders pay the same as everyone else in that stadium for their tickets. It's totally baseless what is being written on that twitter account.
    Last edited by Phil; 04-16-2012 at 12:58 PM.

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Since RPB does not have a default capo for every game (nor Usector) it would be near impossible to give "free" seasons to them.

What the team does do, and I know from personal experience, is give passes to the restricted areas of the stadium during the game so the capos can move freely.

No biggy in my mind.
    They don't even do that anymore. Security knows that people stand on that thing and let them do what they are passionte about. No need to add more to that process, common sense is the order of the day.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Next thing she'll be tweeting is the number of media who get free tickets to each game, not to mention a roof, heating, and free food.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's not her actual pic, it's a stock photo:

http://www.tineye.com/search/4c88f88...e96794c1a07d7/

Seems someone wants to cause some serious problems. We should find out who he or she is.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by trane View Post
    Supporters who support in a more traditional football way, i.e. no blind loyalty to the club, have left the group because they have not liked the suggestion made by others, that they it should be "TFC love it, or leave it"

Do not get me wrong, they love tfc, but they will not stop pushing for better.
    Totally disagree with your definition of traditional supporters. I know plenty that will moan after the match but give their all in the stands on the day. If it gets bad they organize and do something. Something is better than nothing. We have the means to make ourselves heard and shutting up and voting with your wallet is a drop in the bucket. I can see why this method would be frustrating.

What your describing is pretty much what I see in every other sport around me. TEAM gets bad, people stay away, team go away. Nothing attractively traditional about it.
    Last edited by Fort York Redcoat; 04-16-2012 at 01:07 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by moralis View Post
    That's not her actual pic, it's a stock photo:

http://www.tineye.com/search/4c88f88...e96794c1a07d7/

Seems someone wants to cause some serious problems. We should find out who he or she is.
    Just ignore it, sounds like the person is just an attention whore

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

meh - these arent the droids youre looking for.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Finishing,finishing!!!
    The thing that really bothers me as a Supporter, was what I heard in the stands in my row in 110, some fans calling for Winter to '...Bring on Soolsma...' idiots didn't even know Soolsma was not even on the bench, Fickle Fans they can be!!

Football is a game of momentum, you get a chance, you bury it, and the momentum carries.

I will keep supporting, this team, but am getting tired of the almosts, and missed chances.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Totally disagree with your definition of traditional supporters. I know plenty that will moan after the match but give their all in the stands on the day. If it gets bad they organize and do something. Something is better than nothing. We have the means to make ourselves heard and shutting up and voting with your wallet is a drop in the bucket. I can see why this method would be frustrating.

What your describing is pretty much what I see in every other sport around me. TEAM gets bad, people stay away, team go away. Nothing attractively traditional about it.
    There is not point in discussing this because you do not get it, and you never will. You were not raised in a football ONLY culture, and will never understand the reality for us that were, and that the team is more then a team to us, but a representative of our city, our country, sometimes our political and religious believes (which is not always good I admit).

Here, a team calls itself Toronto FC, and now the city is supposed to support every decision it makes blindly. No you proof to me that you deserve to be Toronto's team.
    In Milano the two teams fight over who is Milano's team. Because the team has to work to be able to say WE ARE MILANO. It is not automatic that you have the support of Milano if you do not make the city proud. Supporters on the other hand of one club or the other demand that the club they love, do whatever it takes to make then and the City proud, and do not support blindly simply because they love the club. They are not cheerleaders, they are supporters.
    Last edited by trane; 04-16-2012 at 01:18 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is not point in discussing this because you do not get it, and you never will. You were not raised in a football ONLY culture, and will never understand the reality for us that were, and that the team is more then a team to us, but a representative of our city, our country, sometimes our political and religious believes (which is not always good I admit).

Here, a team calls itself Toronto FC, and now the city is supposed to support every decision it makes blindly. No you proof to me that you deserve to be Toronto's team.
    In Milano the two teams fight over who is Milano's team. Because the team has to work to be able to say WE ARE MILANO. It is not automatic that you have the support of Milano if you do not make the city proud. Supporters on the other hand of one club or the other demand that the club they love, do whatever it takes to make then and the City proud, and do not support blindly simply because they love the club. They are not cheerleaders, they are supporters.
    My brother from another mother.

I think you're bang on. It's an old world vs new world thing that is influencing perspectives.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So...skipping the personal crap- What is it you are classifying as activist? What is it you'll do when you say "Whatever it takes"?

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is not point in discussing this because you do not get it, and you never will.
    No need to get personal here. If we don't see some politeness, this thread will be closed. Thank-you for your understanding.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was not trying to be an ass.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My brother from another mother.

I think you're bang on. It's an old world vs new world thing that is influencing perspectives.
    I new you would understand.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So...skipping the personal crap- What is it you are classifying as activist? What is it you'll do when you say "Whatever it takes"?
    You cannot always win. But you can always play hard and well. We were knocked out of the CL by Barca, but the city is proud of Milan, because they did what it took to have a chance against the best team in the world at the moment. Smaller team do not have the resources Milan has, but they introduce styles of play that are the most likely to get them the points, despite the lack of talent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not good for people trying to get along with each other but great for people who want to exploit that kind of thing.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i get the sentiment, but i believe the argument fails to hit the mark.
    support will always be divided, different people support in different ways and that will always be the case. i compare it to the transmetropolitan's take on religion (this is the closest i will ever get to a religious topic, but unfortunately it's the best analogy i can find).

in the transmetropolitan "future", everyone has their own religion because no one person believes the exact same thing no matter how tight the dogma is. some people pray in public, some in private, some worship saints/texts/multiple deities, others don't. that's how i view support here. you'll always have people who believe that sometimes we border on cheerleading, some who believe that you should make a statement, some who support with their time, others with their time and wallets. what the transmetropolitan argues is that arguing any of these "personal religions" into the ground is pointless as they all follow the same set of basic principles.

in our case, we're all invested in TFC.
    we're because in some way, shape or form, we care.

some of us have learned to stop caring financially and attending games or buying concessions, some of us haven't reached a point where it makes sense to them. some have stopped singing and started booing, others never say die. my point is, like it or not, TFC is the only team we have. they're toronto's team by choice, because it's impossible to argue that they would exist without the support groups like this (usec, north end, etc) provide them. the stadium cannot be filled to even half capacity with fairweather fans.

instead of picking apart the differences and discussing the support that divides us, i rarely see any posts about the support that unites us. let people support in their own way, sing when they want to, stand when they want to, and join in if you feel slighted to. the last thing we need with a team that's doing badly is the supporters starting to go at one another (i realize that may not have been your intention, you were simply stating your views). let's focus on why we're all here and stop looking for reasons why we shouldn't be.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Possible new avatar?

(It's from the comic book Transmetropolitan.)
    Last edited by Fort York Redcoat; 04-16-2012 at 02:46 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Possible new avatar?

(It's from the comic book Transmetropolitan.)