Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Away Support

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SCF1908 View Post
    I was in the 4th row in 149 with my kids and it was pumping the entire 90 minutes. You could also feel the concrete of that old decrepit stadium wavering as everyone hopped..
    I was taking a video about 20 minute after the game of the empty stadium and the TFC support (some of whom were still going) and I got a great video of a wee boy screaming at the remaining Impact fans at the top of his leg, in about the 4th row in 149 haha, if that was one of your kids good for him!!! He was more into than some of the fans were haha.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stuart.mac View Post
    I was taking a video about 20 minute after the game of the empty stadium and the TFC support (some of whom were still going) and I got a great video of a wee boy screaming at the remaining Impact fans at the top of his leg, in about the 4th row in 149 haha, if that was one of your kids good for him!!! He was more into than some of the fans were haha.

There were three kids, two were mine, could have been any of them! They roll together for all the games.

PS any pics or vids would be appreciated!

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by London View Post
    there were parts that did represent well, overall we should have been far better.
    I think that if were were winning at any point in the match, then things naturally would have been better than they were.

The idea that support from the stands can be 100% independent of what's happening on the field doesn't fly with me. If the team is down, the mood is down. We can try our best, but singing for a losing team will never sound as full as singing for a won match. The team responds to the crowd, and the crowd responds to the play.
    ///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There were three kids, two were mine, could have been any of them! They roll together for all the games.

PS any pics or vids would be appreciated!

Here is a screen shot from the video, this boy was into it every time I saw him, and just happened to capture him screaming after the game, true fan!!! (this was him looking up at the Impact fans that were chirping)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Parkdale View Post
    I think that if were were winning at any point in the match, then things naturally would have been better than they were.

The idea that support from the stands can be 100% independent of what's happening on the field doesn't fly with me. If the team is down, the mood is down. We can try our best, but singing for a losing team will never sound as full as singing for a won match. The team responds to the crowd, and the crowd responds to the play.
    I 100% agree. The response of "sucks" to the "TFC" chants only came AFTER Impact went up 1-0. They were keeping quiet until their team went up, and then and only then did the Impact fans really get into it. And for the last 5 minutes of the game when Toronto was pushing for an equalizer they were just as quiet and dull, didnt make noise until the final whistle really.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That was right across the aisle from me and I gotta say, THAT was worth the price of admission even if the game was crap!!!!
    We laughed about that the entire 401 drive home!!!!

(In response to the guy who lit his pants on fire, sorry, somehow the quote of previous post was dropped here)
    Last edited by cmonyoureds; 04-08-2012 at 02:49 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here is a screen shot from the video, this boy was into it every time I saw him, and just happened to capture him screaming after the game, true fan!!! (this was him looking up at the Impact fans that were chirping)

That's my buddy's kid, he screamed and chanted from the back of the car almost the entire ride home yesterday after the game, gave us all headaches!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yup, I am the owner of that foul mouthed child

Same one that bounded out of bed this AM because the Easter Bunny had come, yes he still believes in him, Santa, and a winning TFC.

(in case anyone cares, he is only allowed to swear at games so he sometimes goes full on Tourette's)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haha well its great to see the next generation of Toronto FC fans are starting off well

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well if you give him a good education your dreams may change

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you want to talk about support and take a negative veiw on anything that transpired at the game, i have to call out the lack of respect shown by half of our team that failed to come over to us at the end of the game. If thier disappointment was so high about the loss to the Impact, that they could not even face us, they had better make up for it on Saturday at BMO.
    Last edited by 4evared; 04-08-2012 at 06:06 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 4evared View Post
    If you want to talk about support and take a negative veiw on anything that transpired at the game, i have to call out the lack of respect shown by half of our team that failed to come over to us at the end of the game. If thier disappointment was so high about the loss to the Impact, that they could not even face us, they had better make up for it on Saturday at BMO.

That's interesting, I remember thinking the same thing myself. In fairness they may have been worried about being driven off the field by anger too. But tough shit really, no?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was quite surprised by that aswell, about 4 guys took a couple steps towards the support and clapped the rest just walked away. I was expecting at least some aknowledgment, we didn't boo or anything.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The concession was pretty shitty, not to mention the beer was tiny and cost a fortune. At the Leafs vs Sens games you can get a tall boy for $8, yet here you get a half pint for $7 (I think). Pretty crappy. But either way, Its good to see the fans are willing to make the trip, lets hope when they move back to their regular stadium it is more catered to the football fans. Think the atmosphere will be a lot better in the smaller stadium aswell.
    I didn't know Leafs fan drank beer. I thought they all drink Burkie's cool aid.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

getting the cold shoulder for years, it wasn't surprising.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was in 259 and singing lasted pretty much the 90 minutes. The capo came and stood right in front of me (a little pissed as I was also trying to watch the game) but it picked up even more when he did. I am told he is part of NEE and he did a good job overall.

Security was fair and even with all the smoke bombs didn't get heavy handed as would surely happen at BMO.

Players and/or coaches not coming over was unfotunate.

As for the concession stand being shorthand, pretty stupid but who cares really. I couldn't believe they were selling in the away supporters section right up to the 90th minute....the one big guy vender was loving the sales. He couldn't believe that BMO didn't have sales in the supporters section. Also, those little cups fit 1 regular bottle.

Glad I went but really sad we lost....sad is the only word that really fits today.

Dom.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From the start, the support was always destined to be less than it could have been. On big away matches like this, unless the core supporters pledge to stand with each other - regardless of group affiliation, it just becomes fragmented and weakened. First away game I have not been proud of our support to be honest. Hopefully we can learn from our mistakes, check our egos at the door and pledge to do the right think next time around.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RedRum View Post
    From the start, the support was always destined to be less than it could have been. On big away matches like this, unless the core supporters pledge to stand with each other - regardless of group affiliation, it just becomes fragmented and weakened. First away game I have not been proud of our support to be honest. Hopefully we can learn from our mistakes, check our egos at the door and pledge to do the right think next time around.
    I don't think it was anything to do with egos (although I could be wrong, I spent the whole game in 1 spot between top and bottom). There was a lack of cohesion in the first half between top and bottom. I think it was more of an issue with security wanting to have clear aisles and people who expected to actually have the seats on their ticket. Those sections also kind of suck like 112 because of their shape.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I noticed some people very silent. Shall I name names? Or best not to call the leaders of the group in question out while their own members brought it.....

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

By the way, Saturday morning started pretty funny, I was woken up by King Dave belting out - in a rather decent singing voice I might add - "You'll never walk alone" at 8:15 am on our hotel floor. Hilarious.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This was my experience to. Everyone around me was chanting and cheering hard and for virtually the whole match. I thought we did great especially when the capo moved up to the second tier of our section...

Quote Originally Posted by 4evared View Post
    Really?

I thought that we were loud and steady for the whole game yesterday.

The only time I heard the family section was when they piggybacked onto the tailend of our TFC clap-clap-clap chant with the word 'suck' each time.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I noticed some people very silent. Shall I name names? Or best not to call the leaders of the group in question out while their own members brought it.....
    What does this mean? Please elaborate.
    "Failure simply isn't an option at this stage. TFC pushed its chips to the middle of the table when it splurged on Bradley and Defoe and reinforced its bet by making savvy acquisitions elsewhere. This collection of players is capable of delivering on the promises made during the close season. There are no more excuses available for TFC. Only success will continue the process of atoning for the past and establishing a higher standard for the future." FOX Sports

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DOMIN8R View Post
    What does this mean? Please elaborate.

Well, just with unity and cliques being talked about on the board, I found it interesting that three or four names of those considered to be "Leaders" *chuckles* of one of the groups were stone faced and silent the entire time. The members of the group brought it, I just found it interesting.

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought support was good. Its always hard when we go into a totally different stadium that is new for us.

As a side note, I was pretty quiet during the game as I have a pretty bad cold I am dealing with. Not sure if the stink finger is being pointed at me though. LOL

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    I thought support was good. Its always hard when we go into a totally different stadium that is new for us.

As a side note, I was pretty quiet during the game as I have a pretty bad cold I am dealing with. Not sure if the stink finger is being pointed at me though. LOL

Nope. Not RPB.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, just with unity and cliques being talked about on the board, I found it interesting that three or four names of those considered to be "Leaders" *chuckles* of one of the groups were stone faced and silent the entire time. The members of the group brought it, I just found it interesting.

Spit it out. Don't be scared. You seem to have it all figured out. Tell us who brought it and fit your mold of the right way of supporting. Teach us a lesson or two on how to do it right like they do eleswhere. I'm sure that we can all learn from your sage and seasoned supporter insights.
    "Failure simply isn't an option at this stage. TFC pushed its chips to the middle of the table when it splurged on Bradley and Defoe and reinforced its bet by making savvy acquisitions elsewhere. This collection of players is capable of delivering on the promises made during the close season. There are no more excuses available for TFC. Only success will continue the process of atoning for the past and establishing a higher standard for the future." FOX Sports

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DOMIN8R View Post
    Spit it out. Don't be scared. You seem to have it all figured out. Tell us who brought it and fit your mold of the right way of supporting. Teach us a lesson or two on how to do it right like they do eleswhere. I'm sure that we can all learn from your sage and seasoned supporter insights.

My, someone's getting pissy. Settle down darling.

I have my opinions and they are mine only, in some cases they are in line with other people and in some cases they are not. I don't expect everyone to agree with me nor do I expect to agree with everyone.

Pretty simple concept no?

I made a remark about what I noticed and if you don't like it take it up with the guys in U-Sector who are brothers that are the guys in question.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The security was great. They had a cool attitude and were helpful. The beer was shitty, but it was non stop and sold to the final whistle. Complaining about the beer surprises. I can't believe there is complaining about the atmosphere. I thought it was great. I know it's a great offense to say anything negative about the capo, but it's enough with the hands up, sitdown, sing slow, sing fast stuff. I know he's trying to help, but at times I thought it was like the dj at a club clearing the dance floor. Just help with the chants and forget the theatrics. If some thought there was a bad atmosphere, maybe it's time to look in the mirror. There are complaints about, as always, the non affiliated supporters being hooligans who don't get it but Polish Dave gets all sorts of praise for shouting Fuck You Montreal through a megaphone. Those 'chants' died a quick death, but it happened at least 3 times. Most of the folks there were not into that sort of stuff. People like chanting, but not that. Also, there was a game and people were watching it. There is nothing wrong with being passionately into the game too. Rant over.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Wren View Post
    The security was great. They had a cool attitude and were helpful. The beer was shitty, but it was non stop and sold to the final whistle. Complaining about the beer surprises. I can't believe there is complaining about the atmosphere. I thought it was great. I know it's a great offense to say anything negative about the capo, but it's enough with the hands up, sitdown, sing slow, sing fast stuff. I know he's trying to help, but at times I thought it was like the dj at a club clearing the dance floor. Just help with the chants and forget the theatrics. If some thought there was a bad atmosphere, maybe it's time to look in the mirror. There are complaints about, as always, the non affiliated supporters being hooligans who don't get it but Polish Dave gets all sorts of praise for shouting Fuck You Montreal through a megaphone. Those 'chants' died a quick death, but it happened at least 3 times. Most of the folks there were not into that sort of stuff. People like chanting, but not that. Also, there was a game and people were watching it. There is nothing wrong with being passionately into the game too. Rant over.
    Had the team won, it would be talked about in the same breath as a trip to Wembley. The beer would never tasted so sweet. Seems like Montreal was a good host except on the scoreboard. This should be a good day for soccer in the country.