Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I'm going to stop reading reddit after I saw this

As for the game. I was very impressed but could see we were playing for the draw in the second half. I think it was as I thought to myself "its only a matter of time before they score" that they actually scored and tied it 2-2. Regardless there's a lot to be confident about going forward and given that LA has to squeeze another game in before next week and the fact that we get JDG and Soolsma back, I think we're sitting pretty.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had one of the most interesting days of my life and I'm retired!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urvv5eS0l_0&hd=1

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

replay on sportsnet1 right now
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was kind of dissapointed with the end result but a very good match of football did TFC ever get a call there way, The reffing was horrible typical Concacaf. And to the idiot that threw the Can F-Off. L.A are the superior team , bUT i THINK WE WILL HAVE A DECENT TEAM THIS SEASON.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

good game by the boys overall just need that extra something to take this team over the top.

Frings in the backline masterclass(which I said from the beging)
    Ecks not looking as classy as when first arrived, hope its just a phase!
    Koevs needs to get his fitness up and be more proactive, or he's wasting our money.
    Silva looks like the goods but dont want to jinxs it, so I'll just say decent game from him.

Proud of The team, keep it up boys

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Still at the bar.

Disappointed. Eckersley missed his mark, bad game. Frei added to ecks mistake.

Was in 513. Crowd was good.

Throwing a can of Monster energy drink at spice boy was a bad idea.

2-2 tie is a shame. Played for the tie.

Will upload video of beckham jersey burning after the game tomorrow
    Last edited by Fort York Redcoat; 03-08-2012 at 10:15 AM. Reason: RPB does not condone violence against players

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First of all, being in England and watching the fans give their heart out there almost brought tears in my eyes. I had to really restrain myself from waking up everyone around me when our goals were scored.

Really disappointed by the result but we saw it coming. We really missed JDG out there. Now we have to go to LA hoping to get a win (or a really high scoring draw) but as someone pointed out, we are the ones that have to go for it now. Winning is always good but I have a feeling we would have gone into the second game trying to defend that one goal until we finally succumb to the pressure that would come from LA. Now we can just go for it knowing that a draw is no good.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 117 View Post
    I felt just like this after the Pumas game.
    Early goal had me dreaming of the next round. But the eventual draw had me deflated, knowing we were on the road for the final game, needing a win.
    I'm just trying to remember how wrong I was about how that game in Dallas unfolded.
    Tonight was so special, early on. So special.
    was thinking about the pumas home game. came out of that one feeling really proud of the defensive effort to get a point. cam out of tonight feeling like we'd thrown away a good opportunity and that we got what we deserved.

different expectations I guess, I just don't feel like LA deserved the respect we gave them. they were there for the taking, but after we went up 2, it was all LA, was just a matter of time really. we nearly made it, but not quite. we played a good "bunker down against a team that's much better than you' kind of game. i really don't think it needed to be that wa. i mean, andy fucking boyens. their defence was there for the taking.

frustrating night.

drunk.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Was a shame to have the draw come on a late garbage goal. We looked fucking fantastic out of the gate though.

2-2 isn't an ideal result, but it was a thoroughly entertaining game. The atmosphere was fantastic. I have high hopes for this season.

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know this is a couple of months too late, may have been previously discussed and is completely and totally ignorant because it's probably has a laughably simple answer but:

Why couldn't they grow grass at BMO with the underheating system, put it in Rogers Centre for 24 hours and ship it back to BMO after the game? Would the grass not last even 24 hours without sun? (I obviously know nothing about horticulture, so forgive my ignorance )

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by [NBF] View Post
    I forgot who trader Mo got for Buddle, i think it was Dunivant or Cunningham.
    Can't be bothered googling but wan't it Tyrone Marshall? Buddle did the difficult part on the first ever goal but Dichio gets the glory for tapping it in. From what I remember he was disliked by many/most TFC fans for his apparent lack of effort and not many were sorry to see him go.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ty harden looked very nervous when he got the ball,I think the new forward Lambe is a fucking horrible player,I know he came in as a sub but the guy is awfull.Luis silva looked very good.Terry Dunfield played very well,Overall pretty good performance,I am not to happy with a draw but well have to go there and score some goals,I think this is achievable.The turf looked like shit.I will be so happy the day no mls team has to play on this shit.This is a shout out to allsupporter groups especially the RPBs good job on the night really impressed on what you did tonight in support of the boys hats off!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CSO_BBTB View Post
    Can't be bothered googling but wan't it Tyrone Marshall? Buddle did the difficult part on the first ever goal but Dichio gets the glory for tapping it in. From what I remember he was disliked by many/most TFC fans for his apparent lack of effort and not many were sorry to see him go.
    I think at the time he was a pretty average MLS striker - one of those "he has potential" types. I do think it's a case of hindsight being 20/20. I also recall that Buddle wanted out as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

fuck the Rogers Center. I didn't have the fortune of being able to sit near the SG's (otherside of the dome, in fact), and I couldn't hear anything, not a chant, not a song, we were being told to sit down when we were standing, we we being booed for trying to start chants, police told us to stop throwing streamers. Fucking horrible time and I'll never go to another game there.

That being said, LA should have stomped on us and they didn't. We scored two goals against the best team in our league and let in two mistakes. Good enough result for me.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CSO_BBTB View Post
    It was Marshall (who had just been suspending for breaking Kenny Cooper's leg).

Buddle's little backheel to himself was real class. He is a subtle player.
    "There are some people who might have better technique than me, and some may be fitter than me, but the main thing is tactics. With most players, tactics are missing. You can divide tactics into insight, trust, and daring." - Johan Cruyff

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For the most part I am accepting of the result......other than 2 mistakes we were able to stifle the potent LA attack to an extent. I am hopping that with time and familiarity our defender will only get better. Hopefully Caicedo can gain his fitness and Cann as well because although defensively Harden played decently...like many have said, he just seems a little too uncomfortable with transitioning to attacking/distributing out of the back.....

Maybe it is because he has never played in a system where he had to do it so much, but that is beside the point....some things some people can't learn....hopefully if he is our CB for the next while before others get healthly, he can gain some confidence with the ball at his foot.

Overall although a draw is disappointing for the boys...I am sure they can somewhat hold their heads high knowing that they went toe to toe with probably the best team in the league.
    Follow me...... https://twitter.com/#!/aGeRoO76
    "Just like JDG. It wasn't a post-and-in shot, but JDG is smart & experienced" - Carts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great game. Great crowd. That aside, both sides played some great football which made for a really enjoyable game. Ecks missed his mark on the first goal which is bad, but I think he's better than that for the most part. It's going to be tough to get a win out at Home Depot next week, but after tonight I am now much more confident about the regular season this year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2-2 is not hopeless but in terms of CL play a draw in which you allow 2 away goals is pretty much a loss.

I cannot blame anyone individual player, but we lost composure and organization as the game wore on, alowed to much space infront of our back line, and were lucky that more did not go in. Defence remains our weakness, in terms of of the players we have and how we play it as a team. I do not want to single out Harden, but I have to. Their forwards took advantage of him time and time again. I like Ecks but he arived late on the first goal, and was caught out of position at times, also sometime on the attack was not decisive enough with his passing and would let the LA defenders settle. Caicedo will be very good for us, Morgan did great, Frings is great, and Ecks is great, overall. Our forwards played very well overall, but Danny K was isolated. Had he recieved the ball on more occassions he could have abuse the LA CBs. Overall concetration, and keeping shape when fatigues sets in continues to be a problem 5 years in.

I am very very disapointed. HOWEVER, realisticaly it is not a disaster if we go to LA and win we are in the next round. This is hardly and impossible task. I will be very dissapointed if we do not show the gritt to do it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have seen at least 5 posts criticizing Eckersley on the first goal. No way is that right. That goal is 100% on Frei. Eckersley was exactly where he should have been, given where the cross was. I would expect the defender on that play to assume that the probable outcome is that the ball will be punched forward, if not caught, so that's what he should be ready for.

Frei had some good saves but that play was horrible. He should have dealt with that ball, and didn't.
    "There are some people who might have better technique than me, and some may be fitter than me, but the main thing is tactics. With most players, tactics are missing. You can divide tactics into insight, trust, and daring." - Johan Cruyff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by trane View Post
    2-2 is not hopeless but in terms of CL play a draw in which you allow 2 away goals is pretty much a loss.

I cannot blame anyone individual player, but we lost composure and organization as the game wore on, alowed to much space infront of our back line, and were lucky that more did not go in. Defence remains our weakness, in terms of of the players we have and how we play it as a team. I do not want to single out Harden, but I have to. Their forwards took advantage of him time and time again. I like Ecks but he arived late on the first goal, and was caught out of position at times, also sometime on the attack was not decisive enough with his passing and would let the LA defenders settle. Caicedo will be very good for us, Morgan did great, Frings is great, and Ecks is great, overall. Our forwards played very well overall, but Danny K was isolated. Had he recieved the ball on more occassions he could have abuse the LA CBs. Overall concetration, and keeping shape when fatigues sets in continues to be a problem 5 years in.

I am very very disapointed. HOWEVER, realisticaly it is not a disaster if we go to LA and win we are in the next round. This is hardly and impossible task. I will be very dissapointed if we do not show the gritt to do it.
    Trane I agree with you this was a disappointing game, our defense still weak, it was mistake after mistake. I will even start throwing the blame on Winter from now and on put a 3-4-3 against a strong faster team speaks volume about his coaching ability. We may have better player but the coaching is lagging behind

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I have seen at least 5 posts criticizing Eckersley on the first goal. No way is that right. That goal is 100% on Frei. Eckersley was exactly where he should have been, given where the cross was. I would expect the defender on that play to assume that the probable outcome is that the ball will be punched forward, if not caught, so that's what he should be ready for.

Frei had some good saves but that play was horrible. He should have dealt with that ball, and didn't.
    Frei was at fault on the first goal period

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AlanO View Post

Lambe is the anti-Martina. Works hard, does a good job tracking back on defense, but lacks confidence going forward.
    He'll slowly get it. I thought he looked better last night than he has in the last two games hes played

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ossington Mental Youth View Post
    He'll slowly get it. I thought he looked better last night than he has in the last two games hes played

I'm with you Oss, I think he has the ability and time should help him out. He's only 20.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

game thoughts:

- good crowd
    - seeing the streamers made me giggle a little bit, say what you will about it being juvenile it brought me back seeing an opposing team getting hit with em
    - terry dunfield, what the fuck?
    - frings is in a class above the rest, hands down the player of the game
    - offensively we shut up shop when plata left the pitch. lambe's alright, but he's no plata
    - ecks seemed a bit out of it tonight, he shouldve taken the header the second another man showed up, he hesitated, they scored, etc. good to see him on the attack a bit more, but he looks lost whenever he passes the center line, you can tell by his wasted cross opportunity to hold the ball then give it away.
    - morgan had donovans number all night, and landycakes cut away from the wing when he could as a result
    - seeing as how our two CBs had only played 180 minutes together prior to the match i was pleasantly surprised with how well they clicked
    - i can see kocic starting in LA

that's all for now.
    would've loved to see us win, but like everyone else said in the game thread, we shut up shop too early. many people expected LA to hand it to us, but we held our own.
    Last edited by __wowza; 03-08-2012 at 09:03 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Really looking forward in seeing JDG play next week, and also that we will be playing in front of 7500 Galaxy fans...theres no home advantage in small crowds.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MartinUtd View Post
    I think I'm going to stop reading reddit after I saw this

I Would Sacrifice TFC Losing to LA if it Meant MLS Won the CCL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^
    LOL great gif

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    On the Winter front, my opinion has not changed. He is a great teacher of the "system" but he continues to show lack of tactical awareness and gets owned by better coaches who adjust better than he does. And we will drop points this year because of that, like tonight.
    I'm sorry, this is at least the second time I've seen a comment relating to tactical adjustments made by Arena that somehow tied the game for them. This is flat out wrong. LA for pretty much all of last year, played 4-4-2 while defending, and 4-2-4 while attacking, especially since Keane arrived. Beckham has always been given free reign to roam the pitch from his "CM" position. He basically played the exact same way he played when they were at BMO last year.

With the insanity of the interchangeable parts that LA has with 4 starting strikers + Beckham (Keane, Buddle, Donovan, Magee) it's next to impossible to man mark them. Throw Barrett into the mix in the last bit, and you've got 5 strikers. LA is always going to be able to score.

We didn't get tactically outcoached tonight, really we didn't win because our set piece defending let us down....again...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, and I won't even comment on the ref, but I will ask one question: Did that scissor kick to bring down Koevermans near the end look as bad from the south end as it did from the other end?

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

this post by Dv23 in the pre-match thread has been haunting me :

All home games. We tied one of the games 2-2, and I was like SHIT, now we have to win in LA or score more than 3 goals. I was pissed.
    And yes, I am capable of calculating aggregates in my dreams. It's my thing.
    a ha ha heh he hoo.. ha