Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CanadaLFC View Post
    Is the croc rock get-together only for members or any TFC fans can come out?
    anyone

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CanadaLFC View Post
    Is the croc rock get-together only for members or any TFC fans can come out?
    Pretty much any TFC fan can come.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    That's cool. Now how about sneaking people into the supporters sections from places directly above them. like 224a

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey guys, used to be a pretty big poster on here in the early days, but I was just wondering what section will the RPBs be sitting in for the game? Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^rpb's will be all over the place, the supporters section is 118-125

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

guesses on the line-up for Wednesday

-----------Frei-------------
    Ecks-Harden-Aceval-Morgan
    ------Frings-Stinson--------
    ----------Silva-------------
    Johnson---Koef--------Plata

Bench:
    Kocic
    Henry
    Maund
    Dunfield
    Cordon
    Makubuya
    Lambe

Other 8 currently on the roster are either injured, suspended, or cup tied

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

looks strong, id feel better witH frings sweepin....

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bwahahahahahaha sarah will be watching this one from the sidelines press pass ... can't wait to see the banners
    ~ illegitimi non carborundum ~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Field view.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Four days to go till the biggest Soccer match in TFC's history, I think TFC will come out guns blazing and with the 46000 cheering them on it will be great. But at the same time I have this funny feeling that the Refs will play a significant role this Series if TFC have a early lead in the first leg do not be surprised if you see calls go against them, and we all know how much of a diver Donavan is. I hope I am wrong.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey guys... I'm sure this has been answered already but I don't want to go through 21 pages... I'm bringing in a few flags into section 125, What time am I required to be in the dome by? I remember hearing that they have a policy that requests people with flags must come in by a certain time...

Also, I'm hanging my flags off extendable paint roller sticks... A buddy of mine told me that he doesn't think I'm allowed to bring in the stick because they are hollow... is there any truth to that?

Thanks!
    Last edited by TFC_905; 03-04-2012 at 08:08 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The way he played this week, we should sign Junior Burgos and start him in the midfield, somewhere. Silva, too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    Hi Phil
    Kids ok at Croc Rock? My 2 hooligans.
    cheers- can't wait for wednesday

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by prizby View Post
    guesses on the line-up for Wednesday

-----------Frei-------------
    Ecks-Harden-Aceval-Morgan
    ------Frings-Stinson--------
    ----------Silva-------------
    Johnson---Koef--------Plata

Bench:
    Kocic
    Henry
    Maund
    Dunfield
    Cordon
    Makubuya
    Lambe

Other 8 currently on the roster are either injured, suspended, or cup tied
    id use 3-4-3 as we play better when frings is sweeper

-----------------Frei-------------------
    ---------Caicedo-Frings-Aceval---------
    ---Ecks----Silva---Stinson----Morgan---
    ---Johnson------Koef--------Plata------

to be honest caicedo is way better than harden, but it wouldn't mind if we replace caicedo with harden on march 7th

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Video of the pitch: http://torontofc.neulion.com/tfc/console.jsp

I see my seats in 109c and cannot wait. 69.5 hours to kickoff!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GuelphStorm2007 View Post
    Four days to go till the biggest Soccer match in TFC's history, I think TFC will come out guns blazing and with the 46000 cheering them on it will be great. But at the same time I have this funny feeling that the Refs will play a significant role this Series if TFC have a early lead in the first leg do not be surprised if you see calls go against them, and we all know how much of a diver Donavan is. I hope I am wrong.
    Yeah I've thought about this too...Having the Galaxy go far is HUGE for the CCF organization...so I think we'll be battling the refs as well....I wouldn't surprised to see LA get 2 penalties over the series, seeing as Landycakes and Keano both go down very easy in the box...

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC_905 View Post
    Hey guys... I'm sure this has been answered already but I don't want to go through 21 pages... I'm bringing in a few flags into section 125, What time am I required to be in the dome by? I remember hearing that they have a policy that requests people with flags must come in by a certain time...

Also, I'm hanging my flags off extendable paint roller sticks... A buddy of mine told me that he doesn't think I'm allowed to bring in the stick because they are hollow... is there any truth to that?

Thanks!
    I have a similar question and can't find the answer anywhere. I want to bring a few of the RPB flags we got with our membership last year to my section 511 and was wondering if I had to be at the dome at a certain time at a certain gate or if flags are even allowed in the 500 level. I am walking a good distance with the flags so I don't want to be turned away at the door. Thanks in advance to anyone that can provide info on flags.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Likely LA lineup

---------------------Saunders
    Franklin-Boyens/Meyer-De La Garza-Dunivant
    Donovan----Beckham----Juninho----Magee
    --------------Keane-------Buddle

Though Donovan won't be 100% and won't go full 90 mins
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been wondering what the likely result of the game will be and I can't my head around it. There are a couple of factors that will influence this game.

1) LA's form. The returning players will be in form but the ones that weren't on loans and are still working on getting back to form won't be as effective.

2) Omar Gonzalez. He has been the story of what is "missing" from last year's cup winning team but will his absence have that much of an impact?

3) TFC's form. They seemed to have gelled far sooner than previous years. The stability of the off-season is a big reason for that. Still, there are new players fighting to get into form, and as a unit, will they be as far along in harmony as LA?

4) The young players on TFC. LA has experienced players that have played on bigger stages than 45k in the Skydome. We have far fewer that have played on such grand stages. Will this environment help or hinder them? It could go either way. They could draw the energy from the stands and elevate their game. Or they may allow the adrenaline to run away from them and overplay their game. I am not sure it is as obvious as we have made it to be. Playing in front of such a large pro-TFC crowd is not necessarily a good thing. Since some of these players have not experienced that yet, we cannot say for certain that they won't be negatively affected by it.

In my opinion, a win is a must. A draw does not help as going back to LA will give LA the advantage. However, I think our backline is still too freshly connected that LA will have very good chances to burn us.

I predict a 2-2 draw. We will have to go back to LA and take 3 points or draw at a higher score (unlikely).

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    I've been wondering what the likely result of the game will be and I can't my head around it. There are a couple of factors that will influence this game.

1) LA's form. The returning players will be in form but the ones that weren't on loans and are still working on getting back to form won't be as effective.
    -I believe in Arena's magic. Just like TFC, most of the core team has played with each other for a while so they have good chemistry, plus understands what Arena wants LA to do for this game (which will be very defensive, counter attacking game)
    2) Omar Gonzalez. He has been the story of what is "missing" from last year's cup winning team but will his absence have that much of an impact?
    -If Gonzo was playing, I'd have said LA will win for sure over the two legs. He is a beast, and only reason why a lot of people are giving TFC a shot is because Gonzo is not playing, and LA lacks depth at CB with Leonardo also injured. (And TFC can take on Boyens or new guy Meyer)
    3) TFC's form. They seemed to have gelled far sooner than previous years. The stability of the off-season is a big reason for that. Still, there are new players fighting to get into form, and as a unit, will they be as far along in harmony as LA?
    -Pre season games doesn't say much, but I think the chemistry is there. It's just putting in consistency now. Except for big question at CB...

4) The young players on TFC. LA has experienced players that have played on bigger stages than 45k in the Skydome. We have far fewer that have played on such grand stages. Will this environment help or hinder them? It could go either way. They could draw the energy from the stands and elevate their game. Or they may allow the adrenaline to run away from them and overplay their game. I am not sure it is as obvious as we have made it to be. Playing in front of such a large pro-TFC crowd is not necessarily a good thing. Since some of these players have not experienced that yet, we cannot say for certain that they won't be negatively affected by it.
    -TFC has guys like JDG, Frings, Koevermans who have played at highest level of the game, so they will be passing on their wisdom and esp Frings to keep the boys focused on the field.

In my opinion, a win is a must. A draw does not help as going back to LA will give LA the advantage. However, I think our backline is still too freshly connected that LA will have very good chances to burn us.

I predict a 2-2 draw. We will have to go back to LA and take 3 points or draw at a higher score (unlikely).
    I think 1-1 game is more likely because of the turf...
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ (meant as a reply to Roogsy - the other post came in while I was typing) I would add Donavon's availability (and fitness if he is available) to the that list as well. That's going to be a huge factor IMHO.

Completely agree about the huge pro-TFC crowd potentially a negative for some of the players.

I still worry about our defense at this stage, both from a cohesion standpoint as they learn to play together, and with Aceval and Caicedo having to adapt to the MLS as a well (although I think it likely that Harden will be in in place of Caicedo, which does not fill me with confidence either).

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    -I believe in Arena's magic. Just like TFC, most of the core team has played with each other for a while so they have good chemistry, plus understands what Arena wants LA to do for this game (which will be very defensive, counter attacking game)

-If Gonzo was playing, I'd have said LA will win for sure over the two legs. He is a beast, and only reason why a lot of people are giving TFC a shot is because Gonzo is not playing, and LA lacks depth at CB with Leonardo also injured. (And TFC can take on Boyens or new guy Meyer)

-Pre season games doesn't say much, but I think the chemistry is there. It's just putting in consistency now. Except for big question at CB...
    -TFC has guys like JDG, Frings, Koevermans who have played at highest level of the game, so they will be passing on their wisdom and esp Frings to keep the boys focused on the field.
    I think 1-1 game is more likely because of the turf...

Seems we are pretty much in agreement. Except I would question the degree of impact of Frings and Koevs will have on the younger ones in trying to prepare them for this, especially when you take into account the language issue, particularly on Frings' side.

You've served in high stress situations in the forces right? I am guessing you've felt the effects of adrenaline and nerves in high stress situations. Everyone reacts differently. And while the senior guys will indeed do their best and definitely mitigate the impact, they can't completely undo it. It's definitely the advantage College Football and Basketball has in the US to prepare players for the big time. By the time they reach the big leagues, they've played in front of 20, 30 or even 100k mad raving lunatics and it bounces off them. But I am sure that first time was nerve-wracking.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    Seems we are pretty much in agreement. Except I would question the degree of impact of Frings and Koevs will have on the younger ones in trying to prepare them for this, especially when you take into account the language issue, particularly on Frings' side.
    Frings's English is good enough. It's not like he's trying to explain stuff using complex expressions or words

You've served in high stress situations in the forces right? I am guessing you've felt the effects of adrenaline and nerves in high stress situations. Everyone reacts differently. And while the senior guys will indeed do their best and definitely mitigate the impact, they can't completely undo it. It's definitely the advantage College Football and Basketball has in the US to prepare players for the big time. By the time they reach the big leagues, they've played in front of 20, 30 or even 100k mad raving lunatics and it bounces off them. But I am sure that first time was nerve-wracking.
    You're right that you can't tell for sure how a person will react to a situation, no matter how prepared he might be for that situation.

However, leadership counts for a lot, and everyone who has experienced these kinds of big game situation will have been mentally preparing the rest of the team. And it's really about just playing your game at the end, right?

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, and LA has a game on the 10th vs RSL, so TFC will have fresher legs for the return leg on the 14th...

-Eduardo Galeano

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh well, it will definitely be a historic day for soccer in this city on Wednesday. We've come a long way!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with adrenaline thing. They should slow the game down for the first 10-15 minutes.n let everyone get a few good touches on the ball before they begin to press. That's what I would do at least.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And prepare them for a wave of attack from LA. If I were LA, I would try to capitalize in the opening minutes of the game to take the energy out of the stadium to put TFC on their heels and make the players even more nervous.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey guys,

just looked and you can still find tickets for the game, i thought it was a sell out?

G

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Damn I can't focus at work because of this bloody game. Feel like starting the pregame party now. Wednesday can't come fast enough.