Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Saw a few people on the subway this morning wearing TFC scarves. A little out of the ordinary - can't wait for Wednesday!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    So I think we have our starting lineup for Wed pretty much set

---------------Frei
    -Eckersley-Harden-Aceval-Morgan
    --------Frings------Stinson
    --------------Silva
    Plata----Koevermans---Johnson

Subs
    Kocic
    Dunfield
    Lambe
    Maund
    Makubuya
    Henry
    Orozco (if he signs)
    I agree with this. Depends if they play 3 at the back with Frings dropping back but the personnel should be the same.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    So I think we have our starting lineup for Wed pretty much set

---------------Frei
    -Eckersley-Harden-Aceval-Morgan
    --------Frings------Stinson
    --------------Silva
    Plata----Koevermans---Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by PopePouri View Post
    I agree with this. Depends if they play 3 at the back with Frings dropping back but the personnel should be the same.

I feel pretty sure Frings will be playing sweeper.
    Contrary to what I wrote earlier, Frei has earned his spot in the starting XI, so Kocic will be on the bench.
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 03-02-2012 at 10:20 AM.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it's pretty likely that Winter will go with a 3-4-3, the right decision IMO. Harden and Aceval are going to need a lot of help against LA. In that case I'd want Dunfield on instead of Stinson. I think he'd be better at distributing and although he hasn't had a good preseason, it's not like Stinson has been tearing it up.

I'm concerned about Koevermans, he looks slow and hasn't had much of an impact in games so far. Of course he could turn it on March 7 and poach 3 goals, but it would have been nice if he scored in the preseason to get his confidence going.

5 days.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wouldn't worry about Koevs. He started off the same way when he joined us last season, and then he proceeded to tear the league apart.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/articl...ldhood-club-la

ORLANDO, Fla. – He’s a rare breed: an American who plays the No. 10 position and scores goals.

And with another two tallies on Thursday night against FC Dallas at the Disney Pro Soccer Classic, Toronto FC rookie Luis Silva has already positioned himself to be a starter for the Canadian side in 2012 at one of the most delicate positions on the field.

Couple the latest brace with his two goals in a preseason exhibition against the University of South Florida and his assist for Ryan Johnson last Tuesday night, and it’s no surprise that manager Aron Winter, who’s been around the block in European soccer, already speaks of Silva in glowing terms barely one month into his professional career.

“He’s a very good player but we thought that also after we drafted him in the beginning of January,” Winter told MLSsoccer.com after the win over a largely FC Dallas reserve side. “Luis is a player with a lot of skills and makes goals and he can make the difference. He’s adapting very quick.”

“The level of play is faster but I’m adapting pretty well to it,” Silva said. “I still need time to get my fitness going, but it’s a step at a time and I think I’m doing a good job for myself so far.”

Fans on Twitter dubbed him “Quick-Silva” after his two goals in five minutes on Thursday night – “I don’t think I’m that quick, but I’ll take it for now,” quipped the 23-year-old – and he will have a chance to endear himself further to the TFC fan base on March 7 in the CONCACAF Champions League quarterfinal first leg vs. the LA Galaxy (8 pm ET, Fox Soccer).

Following the match, the club announced that “members of Toronto FC coaching staff and players will be heading back to Toronto on Friday to prepare for Wednesday March 7 vs. LA Galaxy.”

Expect Silva to be in that group after he made the following statement looking ahead to the CCL first leg despite the fact there’s a Disney Pro Soccer Classic final to be played against Vancouver on Saturday.

“Now we can start thinking about the Galaxy,” Silva said. “We had these games first and now we can start thinking about the Galaxy. Definitely it’s going to be a great opportunity if I get the playing time to do some work on that game and I’m looking forward to it.”
    The match against LA will be special for Silva not just because of the stage and profile – a sold out Rogers Centre will host the first leg – but he has a past with the LA Galaxy. As a fan.

“Yeah, yeah. I was a Galaxy fan when I was a little kid,” admitted Silva. “But now I’m wearing a TFC shirt and I’m going to wear it proudly.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is there a pre-game festivities list for the down town area? Don't really want to go to Real Sports. Any suggestions?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If someone told me at the end of last season that Harden would be a realistic starter on March 7th, I would have no choice but to

How did we get to this.. with all the new signinigs(?) I don't get it

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting to see lots of ticket availability in LA still for the return leg. If we had only 7500 tickets there would be lots of anxiety for all of us trying to secure a seat but there....guess not that big of a deal.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sweeper View Post
    Is there a pre-game festivities list for the down town area? Don't really want to go to Real Sports. Any suggestions?

Croc Rock....... Supporters will be there.
    Follow me...... https://twitter.com/#!/aGeRoO76
    "Just like JDG. It wasn't a post-and-in shot, but JDG is smart & experienced" - Carts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ageroo View Post
    Croc Rock....... Supporters will be there.

anyone know the time CROCK ROCK will be open?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RPB_RED_NATION_RPB View Post
    anyone know the time CROCK ROCK will be open?
    The festivities kick off at 4pm.
    RPB Road Warrior. DC United 9/29/07, Columbus Chaos 3/25/08, DC Rumble 5/24/08, Montreal Madness 5/27/08, Chicago 7/12/08, Kansas City Opener 3/21/09, Columbus Smoke 3/28/09, Boston Bus Bounce 8/1/09, Montreal 1000 4/7/12 Montreal 3200 3/16/2013 Columbus Bus Breakdown 3/21/15, Montreal Playoffs 10/29/15, Montreal Opener 04/23/16, Montreal East Final 11/22/16, Chicago 08/19/17, NY Semi-Final 10/30/17, Columbus East Final 11/21/17, Montreal "Dichio Lives" 3/17/18

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bluenose13 View Post
    The festivities kick off at 4pm.

cool.... i'll be the nearest pub at 1100am...waiting !

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nickio View Post
    If someone told me at the end of last season that Harden would be a realistic starter on March 7th, I would have no choice but to

How did we get to this.. with all the new signinigs(?) I don't get it
    Harden was pretty decent at the end of the last season.

Caicedo has a light leg injury as per Winter interview. He wasn't that fit yet anyway. Doubt he'll play much in March. Let's see over a couple of months how that signing works out.

Aceval & Maund are already good upgrades.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AlanO View Post
    Saw a few people on the subway this morning wearing TFC scarves. A little out of the ordinary - can't wait for Wednesday!
    not out of the ordinary at all, i see them around a lot. i always make a point to hang mine off a strap of my bag next to my spurs scarf.

there's been a few times where i've seen someone with one and i put out the "T-O-R-" from TFC superstar only to hear them pick up with "O-N-T". it's like a secret club handshake, normally followed up by a quick smile of acknowledgement or a brief chat about the team. don't know too many fans who'd sit around and go "so, leafs jersey eh? pretty wild season we're having!"

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RPB_RED_NATION_RPB View Post
    cool.... i'll be the nearest pub at 1100am...waiting !
    The official TFC pre-game party begins at 1:30, so if you want a place before Crocodile Rock come on down.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LA is playing New England on Sat for friendly. Now LA may or may not be playing their first team. LA also plays on the 10th vs RSL for MLS season opener
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

as a side note anyone suggest getting kardinal offishall to sing the anthem again...

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dbl_D View Post
    as a side note anyone suggest getting kardinal offishall to sing the anthem again...
    There will be no anthems for FIFA-CONCACAF games unless NT is playing.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Anthem is the name of a song by Kardinal Offishall. He sang it at half time last season during one of the games. I think it was the Home Opener

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9W6Jl3beOlY&ob=av2n

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thoughts from Il Bruce himself! Bow down muchachos...

dN

I have a feeling that Toronto is better prepared for this series then LA is. We have been hearing a lot of talk the the Galaxy could be up for the challenge of winning this tournament, but don't be surprised if they don't make it out of the Quarters.

The Voyageurs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Banner teaser from the painting done at my place.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ looks great! can't wait to see it at the dome!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CBlake View Post
    The official TFC pre-game party begins at 1:30, so if you want a place before Crocodile Rock come on down.
    Where is the official pre-game party going to happen other then at the Croc Rock?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TorontoFC13 View Post
    Where is the official pre-game party going to happen other then at the Croc Rock?
    Real Sports. I believe they are charging at the door but the money is going to their charity.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by socceronly View Post
    Banner teaser from the painting done at my place.
    Good stuff!

Along with the other banners, this is going to be one incredible tifo display.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kodiakTFC View Post
    Real Sports. I believe they are charging at the door but the money is going to their charity.
    Yes, it is a Real Sports and their is a $10 donation to the Team Up Foundation required for entry, so it is all for a good cause.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i put some pics of the banner painting in the members section but some RUs were asking to see too, so here's a few pics

~ illegitimi non carborundum ~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^ Thanks for the pics. Looks good!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is the croc rock get-together only for members or any TFC fans can come out?