Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
    Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is there anyway I can access RPB sales? I paid and have membership from 2011, but my status was never updated.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BS1327 View Post
    Is there anyway I can access RPB sales? I paid and have membership from 2011, but my status was never updated.
    If you paid for your 2011 membership and have not had your status updated post a message in this thread http://redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=26818 or send a PM to CoachGT

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks, Suds.

It's great to see the number of tickets sold. Hopefully nothing but a positive impact on the club!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

not at all surprised by the amount of tickets purchased today.....the challenge will begin now....we all new the Supporters would be on board....now it will be up to MLSE to get the city and surrounding area on board!

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nxtmike View Post
    Anybody want to PM me the RPB code for the supporter's section? Planning on 2012 membership but would hate to sit around families this time around and get yelled every time that I try to stand up.

Or you can DM me on Twitter. twitter.com/michaelcacho
    Quote Originally Posted by TorontoGooner View Post
    Aye, me too. PM me or likewise as Michael on twitter twitter.com/samsaunders85

I'm a legit fan, check my post history!
    Quote Originally Posted by Benficachop20 View Post
    basically in the same boat as u. Have seasons in 112 and now i'm a bit worried i may be surrounded with families and tourists. Got tix in 116 but... if anyone wants to help me out and get anything in 118 - 121 i'd appreciate it.
    Sorry guys 118-121 tickets are sold out,even an extra added section 117 for TPB and U-Sector is gone.

I'm sure there will be tickets available in our ticket trader thread later on.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like TFC did alright today. Tried to get a pair of 200s for someone that would be classified a "casual" by some on this board, but they're all gone (at least the ones that went on sale). Let's face it, we need the casuals to fill the stadium. While the supporters provide the atmosphere, without the casuals we're looking at a half-full BMO, let alone the dome (no CCL games had a huge turnout last season).
    In the end, I just got him a pair at midfield, level 500, row 1. That was at 11 p.m.
    Its only first day sales, and TFC hasn't mounted any type of publicity campaign yet. The seats will sell, but I think we're a long way from 50,000.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by denime View Post
    Sorry guys 118-121 tickets are sold out,even an extra added section 117 for TPB and U-Sector is gone.
    Still some 117 left. It's offering me row 29 and 33. Can't be too many left though ...

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone want to pick me up 4 tickets in Supporters? Immediate payment via Paypal, or EMT and a Beer!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm sure there will be tickets available in our ticket trader thread later on.
    daaaam. well thanks for the heads up.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    Totally overpriced. Nobody is gonna buy them.

I admit it, I was wrong on that one... of course they were really $55.

Quote Originally Posted by rocker View Post

I do remember saying that those high end prices were nothing to people who really want to sit in those sections and they'd have no problem selling them. Correct.
    You've been proven correct!
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 01-10-2012 at 08:24 AM.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The $55s look to be sold out, but there appears to be tons in the next two levels ($45 and $35). I could get whole rows of 10 in either when doing a search. Seems like it was a really successful first day, but wondering how much was actually sold? The 200s and the top priced tickets seemed to be the ones going fast. Everything else seems to have a lot available.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

there's 2 months to sell them all, i imagine it'll be more of a marathon than a sprint.

I'm sure outside of yesterday, the biggest push for sales will be the 2 weeks leading up when the media hype machine is going.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Galaxy have not yet been allowed to start selling for their return leg game. Mid week game will limit use of the HDC as the university next door has mid week first claim on the parking lot!

Their web site lists TFC as a team from USA as well http://www.lagalaxy.com/ccl

I guess they are kinda used to 'big' games....I cant wait for ours

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All OFF TOPIC POST ARE REMOVED,this thread is about CCL 1/4 Final Tickets.

14,000 sold in pre sale

200's almost sold out, you'll still find stragglers of 2/3. south side supporters are completely sold out.

in 2 days supporters and SSH have managed to pick up 14,000 tickets.

Still Two months to go,Friday it goes out for public sale,that will be fun to follow.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All OFF TOPIC POST ARE REMOVED,this thread is about CCL 1/4 Final Tickets.

14,000 sold in pre sale

200's almost sold out, you'll still find stragglers of 2/3. south side supporters are completely sold out.

in 2 days supporters and SSH have managed to pick up 14,000 tickets.

Still Two months to go,Friday it goes out for public sale,that will be fun to follow.
    You know I want to wade into this discussion but I won't......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Please say something.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AL-MO View Post
    You know I want to wade into this discussion but I won't......

I KNOW,I saw you in this thread and cleaned the thread ASAP

You can always open chant/songs/casual/hardcore CCL 1/4 finals game thread in public forum and let the people pitch in.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I KNOW,I saw you in this thread and cleaned the thread ASAP

You can always open chant/songs/casual/hardcore CCL 1/4 finals game thread in public forum and let the people pitch in.
    I may just do that....

(or have one of my minions do it for me)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm actually a bit surprised that it's only at 14,000 tickets. It's obviously a big number, and I'm just as excited as the next person (I bought 70, and 20-30 are first timers).

But when you read all of the exciting testimonials on the site, I would've honestly thought that the entire ferver of the 16,000 STH would have purchased more than 14,000 tickets.

I imagine the Waiting List pre-sale on Thursday will be a bump, and the public sale on Friday will be a surge, but if we're only at 30% at this point, I'm not sure 50,000 is realistic. I hope it is, but I would have guessed we'd already be at 25,000.

Still a great accomplishment, and will be a great feeling for everyone there on the 7th!

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought TFC will advertize this game on OSA site,but nothing for now.

Youth soccer clubs in GTA can fill 500 level easy if they know they can get tickets.

It will be interesting to see how sales will go this Friday.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 117 View Post
    I'm actually a bit surprised that it's only at 14,000 tickets. It's obviously a big number, and I'm just as excited as the next person (I bought 70, and 20-30 are first timers).

But when you read all of the exciting testimonials on the site, I would've honestly thought that the entire ferver of the 16,000 STH would have purchased more than 14,000 tickets.

I imagine the Waiting List pre-sale on Thursday will be a bump, and the public sale on Friday will be a surge, but if we're only at 30% at this point, I'm not sure 50,000 is realistic. I hope it is, but I would have guessed we'd already be at 25,000.

Still a great accomplishment, and will be a great feeling for everyone there on the 7th!
    It seems that outside of the SG's, the STH'ers are not buying in any numbers. If they were, you're right, we should/would be higher. I'm hoping we crack 30k. If we do more, awesome but anything less than 30k and I will be disappointed.

Certainly sales will tail off in a week or so from now and then likely ramp up closer to match day but what kind of numbers are we looking at here?

BTW, the club has said that 45k is their limit for this match. Of course, if we reached that number, I imagine they'd sell the leftover 7k.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

14,000 sold in pre sale
    Did TFC announce this? I thought they said they didn't want to talk sales numbers until after the public got a shot at tickets?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

While 14k is a good start, and should mean there's no chance of less than 25k people at the game, that's WAY less than I expected/figured when everyone was posting their bulk orders. Seems like only a small % of SSH's actually took advantage of the pre-sale. Now I wonder how many of those $55 buyers were scalpers.... As someone who was pushing for the dome all winter, I'm a bit worried. But, no marketting yet, no public sale, no publicity etc. Still lots of time.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HEY YOU GUUUYSSSS

If you are looking for tickets in the supporters section, OR if you've bought extras and want to make them available to your RPB family... please visit the TICKET TRADER THREAD
    ///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 117 View Post

Projecting what the fanbase thinks/does based on what people here think/do is tricky. How representative are we, really?

How many people post here regularly, a hundred? Say on average those people bought 10 tickets each.

That's 1,000 seats.

14,000 is a good start. They could do boatloads of $10 seats with the kids teams and their families (although the 8pm start time hurts that, why on earth are CCL games always at 8pm, this one especially).

My guess is they'll get to 25,000-30,000 pretty easily. Then they have work to do. In this case only, I will not criticize them if the paper the stadium.
    "There are some people who might have better technique than me, and some may be fitter than me, but the main thing is tactics. With most players, tactics are missing. You can divide tactics into insight, trust, and daring." - Johan Cruyff

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    My guess is they'll get to 25,000-30,000 pretty easily. Then they have work to do. In this case only, I will not criticize them if the paper the stadium.

but not much work though, and certainly not hard work. I'd be willing to bet they can rely on some of the corporate partners (metro, the sun, kia) to start giving them away and advertising that they are doing it. The initial rush is us, the main wave is non-supporter SSH, then the rest will be general fans of the sport or just people looking to see something interesting.

I don't think it will be hard to make a buzz with cheap tickets in this city. People are so used to sky high ticket prices that a fair break is almost newsworthy in itself.

now if we could just get everyone there for kickoff...
    ///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

PB made a comment on twitter about the price of sales exceeding expectations.. I took this to mean that they sold more than expected numbers of the pricier seats, while they expected the initial sales would be mostly for cheaper seats, like $19 and under. If I'm right, that does make their remaining job easier. 14000 in a day and a half is amazing.

I've also seen a lot of people on boards and on facebook telling us not to buy up so many -- they want to get in on the action but don't have STs so they can't order at this time. They seem eager to buy when sales go public. And after advertising more to the public and group sales, they also have the "I want to see my boy/my lover Becks" crowd... LOL.

And of course, right at the end you'll have walkups who were totally out to lunch for the last two months and who suddenly want to be there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

(although the 8pm start time hurts that, why on earth are CCL games always at 8pm, this one especially).
    Most likely a CONCACAF decision

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by spe18 View Post
    Most likely a CONCACAF decision
    Why would they care? To the extent they care, they want the event to earn maximum dollars (they get a cut). So why insist on something that is costing them money?
    "There are some people who might have better technique than me, and some may be fitter than me, but the main thing is tactics. With most players, tactics are missing. You can divide tactics into insight, trust, and daring." - Johan Cruyff

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why would they care? To the extent they care, they want the event to earn maximum dollars (they get a cut). So why insist on something that is costing them money?
    broadcast rights? IIRC most CCL, if not all started at 8pm and 10pm EST (I may be wrong)
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano