Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by [NBF] View Post
    Nelson Rivas, will negate any movement by Koevermans. He's physical like Chad Marshall.
    If true then I say he'll be seeing ALOT of red cards heading his way and putting the Impact in PK situations.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm defending my statements because I believe them to be true and as far as the comments I've made about Koevermans, I want to make the point that we make a signing in mid-season in 2011 and in the 2011 offseason another team makes a step forward to counter that signing.

Theres a constant evolution going on in MLS. The talent level has gotten better every year since the DP rule.
    Actually, if I read your first couple of posts right it's that Rivas will shut down Koevermanns all of next year because he is like Chad Marshall.

Some real definitive stuff there.
    Last edited by BFin; 10-04-2011 at 08:12 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ LOL

I don't see Rivas being able to shut down Koevermanns at all. If anything has taught us usually players that ping pong around teams and leauges are not as good as they sound no matter what there pedigree. See Ali Gerba.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So what if this Rivas dude shuts Danny K down 1 v 1! Unless when they go to an unbalanced schedule they also decide that 80% of the match will be played 1 v 1, Montreal will still have to deal with Plata (if he's back) and Johnson. Both of which have proven to be effective strikers.

Besides, even if Rivas tries to man mark Danny K out of a match, I have enough confidence in Danny K's intelligence to change what he does and where he goes on the field. Good strikers do this - its one of the things that set them apart.

And also, it's just about impossible to eliminate a player for an entire match. We have players in the midfield (and wing backs a la Morgan and hopefully Eks) that will find ways to get the ball forward to the strikers in a position to score.

TFC will be better than the L'impact and will beat them like we have in the past.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess if Rivas is physical like Chad Marshall, that may mean TFC will only able to score four goals per game against Montreal, like they did the last time they played against Chad Marshall.

If Koevermans gets marked heavily, I've seen him switch off to the wing for periods of time, with Johnston, Soolsma, Plata, etc. In that case I guess Rivas will play fullback in order to shut down the Koef, which should work real well for Montreal...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nelson Rivas, is exactly the kind of Centre Back we needed for a DP. He is similar in speed to Marvell Wynn and is great at marking and tackling. He is automatically the best Centre Back in the league mark my words. Koevermans aint shit versus Rivas. Not even in the air he's that good.

He was at the lower end of the pecking order in Inter Milan but that doesnt mean that he couldn't start for a lower table team.

Do you guys see that already teams are getting better for next season? Unless this team signs another 6 players in the off season you can pretty much write off Koevermans and place him on the same list as Mista for next season.

LMAO!!! Thanks for the laughs......

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nelson Rivas, will negate any movement by Koevermans. He's physical like Chad Marshall and quick like Marvell Wynne.

Koevermans is where Kenny Cooper was 2 years ago. Rivas was clearly signed to stop the best defenders in the league like Henry and that Irish fellow. Montreal is definitely doing it right by signing a DP defender considering that TFC can't find a Centre Back to save its massive investment to reinvent itself.

BTW, Koevermans played in the Eredivisie, which is comparable to the lower half of the teams in Serie A at best. I hope he does as good as Hassli in the league next season but I think he will have met his match with Rivas.

Like I said he will be a great signing. I am shocked they were able to entice him to go Montreal.

Also, If you look around the league, there seems to be alot of Colombians. Mondragon GK, Rivas DF, Chiarra MF, Juan Pablo Angel ST, and that MF/FW for the Seattle Sounders.
    Wow. you must be trolling. he has never shined at any level. could not even stay afloat on the colombian national team.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nelson Rivas, is exactly the kind of Centre Back we needed for a DP. He is similar in speed to Marvell Wynn and is great at marking and tackling. He is automatically the best Centre Back in the league mark my words. Koevermans aint shit versus Rivas. Not even in the air he's that good.

He was at the lower end of the pecking order in Inter Milan but that doesnt mean that he couldn't start for a lower table team.

Do you guys see that already teams are getting better for next season? Unless this team signs another 6 players in the off season you can pretty much write off Koevermans and place him on the same list as Mista for next season.
    This post

=

"He'll Tear This League Up"

Congrats. You're the first to infer that Montreal will finish higher than us next year. Did you say the same for Vancouver last year?
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Empirical View Post
    Wow. you must be trolling. he has never shined at any level. could not even stay afloat on the colombian national team.
    Well on that level ... neither has Hurtado (he doesn't even have one cap) but he's among the best defenders in MLS.

Anyway, this is just another run-of-the-mill MLS prospect. Speculating on him is well ... speculative.

Given people's critical opinions though, I wonder what they were expecting? Did people look at Richard Eckersley and say: "OMG he's struggling to get time for league two clubs".

This is what MLS prospects generally look like, ahah.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    This post

=

"He'll Tear This League Up"

Congrats. You're the first to infer that Montreal will finish higher than us next year. Did you say the same for Vancouver last year?
    Honestly, I would have thought that Vancouver would have a better record than TFC considering that TFC had Harden and Cann penciled in as our starting Centre Backs and Vancouver had Jay Demeritt and Michael Boxall, but I guess the only thing the Vancouver Whitecaps can be proud of is the fact that they have a legit scoring duo in Hassli(10) and Camilo(8).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To be honest redcoat, I figured Vancouver'd be better than us too. We were going into a rebuilding year, they'd been building for this season for the better part of 2 years. I actually think their lack of success has been staggering. It def lowered my expectations visa vis MTL. This leagues gotten tougher in the past few years, D2 players can't cut it anymore. Next year if we aren't by far the best Canadian MLS side I'll be shocked. Though I expect us to be in the top 1/3 of the table anyways.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Waggy View Post
    To be honest redcoat, I figured Vancouver'd be better than us too. We were going into a rebuilding year, they'd been building for this season for the better part of 2 years. I actually think their lack of success has been staggering. It def lowered my expectations visa vis MTL. This leagues gotten tougher in the past few years, D2 players can't cut it anymore. Next year if we aren't by far the best Canadian MLS side I'll be shocked. Though I expect us to be in the top 1/3 of the table anyways.
    D2 players can cut it in MLS, they just have to be good enough for the depth role they will be asked to play.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    D2 players can cut it in MLS, they just have to be good enough for the depth role they will be asked to play.
    You're right. I mean in key starting roles. Though with the infusion of academy players around the league who knows how long they'll have those depth roles.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Honestly, I would have thought that Vancouver would have a better record than TFC considering that TFC had Harden and Cann penciled in as our starting Centre Backs and Vancouver had Jay Demeritt and Michael Boxall, but I guess the only thing the Vancouver Whitecaps can be proud of is the fact that they have a legit scoring duo in Hassli(10) and Camilo(8).
    while at loan with dnipro, he played a total of 1 game

many people would rate the Dutch > Ukrainian league and the top 12 or 14 teams in the Dutch league > than every team in the ukrainian league except shaktar donestk and dinamo kiev

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe they got confused and thought they were getting this other shutdown defender whose name also sounds like Rivas... he's the best in the league after all!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like they have Chimbonda in camp as well

http://www.canadiansoccernews.com/co...al-with-Impact

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Looks like they have Chimbonda in camp as well

http://www.canadiansoccernews.com/co...al-with-Impact

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Montreal will enter this league proper. They will win the Nutrilite next year and will also contend in the league. They will be a playoff team. French players will want to play there.

The management will not accept failure and they will succeed. It will be great to have them in the league and that game at BMO will be a must attend. It will be very professional at the MLS level.

Montreal will show Toronto/Vancouver how its done right from the start and will embarass Toronto on all levels.

Great to have them in. More excitement. Hopefully it will make Toronto more accountable to their fans and team.
    Damn. After reading some of this thread and the links I think we should just shut down the league next year and hand the cup to Montreal.

We are not worthy. MONTREAL IS THE BEST.