Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jazzy View Post
    you are aware they were they were giving a bottle of this (1) each at union st, Front St all last week in a box no less, just had to show ID, my wife somehow brought 2 home ...that area is ridiculous always getting free stuff, to the commuters....weird, pinch yourself
    wow, were they realy?! and ive been paying almost 50 bux for a 2-4. I shouldve went there with 24 of my friends lol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Support Local Beer

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love me some St. Ambroise oatmeal stout

My most frequently consumed beer, though, is still just regular old Guinness. For lighter stuff, I generally stick to smaller brews - Hobgoblin, Mill St., Wellington, Dogfish Head, and a couple of others.

The Robert Simpson brewery here in Barrie also makes a couple of nice brews - Flying Monkeys, and Hoptical Illusion.

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shakes McQueen View Post
    I love me some St. Ambroise oatmeal stout
    Agreed, I just finished two sixes of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooker View Post
    Support Local Beer
    Agreed, so much good Canadian stuff, why look so far? St. Ambroise Oatmeal Stout as mentioned -- also, depending on the mood & the occasion: Steamwhistle, Creemore, Unibroue La Fin Du Monde and Unibroue Maudite, Muskoka Dark Ale, Mill Street Coffee Porter, etc etc etc

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The only thing shit like Coors and Canadian are good for, is getting drunk, because it's cheap and plentiful. But even then, you can pick up mini-kegs of better stuff like Grolsch and Lowenbrau at the LCBO during certain times of the year, that'll do the job.

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shakes McQueen View Post
    Dogfish Head
    - Scott
    Where can I get hold of that in Ontario?

PS. I love the direction that that this thread has taken.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PopePouri View Post

It's usually in stock at the LCBO here in Barrie. Not all the time - but usually.

- Scott

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Muskoka Mad Tom IPA
    Great Lakes Crazy Canuck Pale Ale
    Unibroue Trois Pistoles and Fin du Monde
    Fuller's London Porter
    Brooklyn Lager
    Weihenstephaner Weissbier

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Now that the LCBO has brought in:

I see no point in ever going to the Beer Store again

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow what a beer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like the turn this threads taken. Whenever I go to Beirmarket I always order Baltika (off the menu) and they NEVER have it. Does anyone know where to get Baltika (esp 3) in the GTA?

Also Canadian is overratedly bad. I mean, if we werent flooded with the stuff we'd think it's decent beer. But since its our staple, its everywhere, and its not Pabst enough to be trendy, it's crap. I'd take Canadian over Grolsh any day. I still prefer heinekan, gotta give it up to Perolli (sp?) and Moosehead too.

Edit: and clearly no, I can't spell beer companies names. Usually because of the mental state I'm in when reading them
    Last edited by Waggy; 07-17-2011 at 06:15 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When you're my age, you drink what's in the cup.
    Isn't that the true spirit of Canada?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Waggy View Post
    I like the turn this threads taken. Whenever I go to Beirmarket I always order Baltika (off the menu) and they NEVER have it. Does anyone know where to get Baltika (esp 3) in the GTA?

Also Canadian is overratedly bad. I mean, if we werent flooded with the stuff we'd think it's decent beer. But since its our staple, its everywhere, and its not Pabst enough to be trendy, it's crap. I'd take Canadian over Grolsh any day. I still prefer heinekan, gotta give it up to Perolli (sp?) and Moosehead too.

Edit: and clearly no, I can't spell beer companies names. Usually because of the mental state I'm in when reading them
    Pabst is trendy?

Anyone who drinks shitty beer for ironic hipster reasons can eat me.

- Scott

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the egregious overvaluing of Gordon comes from a tinge of racism. I'm surprised this didn't come up before about 10 beer choice denouncemenets (I especially agree that if you're going to be bragging about a beer at the end of a post, it best not be molson). Indeed, his proud beer choice may support my point.
    I don't care who I see at centre forward I just want to hear goal and feel white and red confetti.*

Danny Dichio spoke to the fans for many reasons. He interviewed well, was thankful to the fans and scored our first goal. (among other things) Toronto FC has an ethnically rich and diverse fan base. That is what drives this Toronto team. Many fans OP included were attracted to TFC because they love good old english football and that very starkly distinct culture. TFC fans are evidence of a wonderful harmony between the two. No matter his nationality or skin colour, if we will win with him he's our man! Your post evinces another angle. Urging for a big "Tier 2 England" type striker, irrespective of goal scoring potential or ability. (even playing ability in this case). It's convenient that you have an audience with a special affinity for that kind of guy, so the racism can just seep through. But I dont live Dichio because of the colour of his skin. Your suggestion is we find someone like conor Casey (the closest thing to a good olde English boy) or get one from a virtually all white english league. Why not scout in south amaerica for the next hood frontman. We have a kid like plata there.

If you can't tell from his tone or even subsequent posts. He adds that players should "settle and integrate". No doubt this is the case, but Gordon too is a new edition. Does he not need time to integrate too? Wouldn't any other English battering ram?

You're not talking to 70s English supporters.

Sorry I am writing this a little wasted as a first time post. I read the forums daily and felt I needed to step in. As a white male, diversity is what makes this team wonderful. I would like to think we are fueled by love for one team, not (like many of
    The world's supporters, by hate and racism.
    Last edited by Empirical; 07-17-2011 at 06:39 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PopePouri View Post

Really? I couldn't find it at my local LCBO and they don't list it as a product on their website. I just gave up looking for it. I'll probably have to somewhere else then.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeBest View Post
    Great Lakes Crazy Canuck Pale Ale
    Fuller's London Porter

What a coincidence. Someone just gave me my first taste of Crazy Canuck. Very nice!

In the Fuller's line, I prefer the London Pride or the ESB to the Porter, personally.
    "There are some people who might have better technique than me, and some may be fitter than me, but the main thing is tactics. With most players, tactics are missing. You can divide tactics into insight, trust, and daring." - Johan Cruyff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Local Beer is the best....Try a StoneHammer Pilsner from F&M Brewery out of Guelph if you can find it out on tap.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    What a coincidence. Someone just gave me my first taste of Crazy Canuck. Very nice!

In the Fuller's line, I prefer the London Pride or the ESB to the Porter, personally.
    Does anyone know any pubs in T.O. that have Fuller's London Porter on tap? London Pride is at the Duke at First Canadian Place, but I have never seen the Porter anywhere.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default I can't take it anymore.

Someone posts their displeasure on the Gordon trade and everyone thinks posting their favourite beer is on topic?

Really?

And not one of you has thought to post......

By far the best beer in this country.

"Failure simply isn't an option at this stage. TFC pushed its chips to the middle of the table when it splurged on Bradley and Defoe and reinforced its bet by making savvy acquisitions elsewhere. This collection of players is capable of delivering on the promises made during the close season. There are no more excuses available for TFC. Only success will continue the process of atoning for the past and establishing a higher standard for the future." FOX Sports

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wink That was interesting....

Quote Originally Posted by Empirical View Post
    ....Sorry I am writing this a little wasted as a first time post. I read the forums daily and felt I needed to step in. ....
    Then all is forgiven.
    "Failure simply isn't an option at this stage. TFC pushed its chips to the middle of the table when it splurged on Bradley and Defoe and reinforced its bet by making savvy acquisitions elsewhere. This collection of players is capable of delivering on the promises made during the close season. There are no more excuses available for TFC. Only success will continue the process of atoning for the past and establishing a higher standard for the future." FOX Sports

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfcmanu View Post
    [IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Miguel/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-7.png[/IMG]
    I had Stiegl at Red Bull Arena, it's a very enjoyable brew.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

try stock ale people, its actually not bad

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the only canadian brew i'll touch, is moosehead light lime
    other than that? it's mangers, or strongbow

RPB Membership Team
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't always drink beer, but when I do....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ArmenJBX View Post
    When you're my age, you drink what's in the cup.
    Spoken like someone who is 17 or 87!

(peace...not trying to cause offence!)
    "There are some people who might have better technique than me, and some may be fitter than me, but the main thing is tactics. With most players, tactics are missing. You can divide tactics into insight, trust, and daring." - Johan Cruyff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    Agreed, so much good Canadian stuff, why look so far? St. Ambroise Oatmeal Stout as mentioned -- also, depending on the mood & the occasion: Steamwhistle, Creemore, Unibroue La Fin Du Monde and Unibroue Maudite, Muskoka Dark Ale, Mill Street Coffee Porter, etc etc etc
    I only drink dark beers, I love dark beers, dark beers are a religion to me and I attend mass everyday and I must say....Muskoka Dark Ale can be compared to drinking a glass of liquified pig shit with hints of chocolate and maple syrup. the stuff is awful.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    Agreed, I just finished two sixes of that.

Quote Originally Posted by DOMIN8R View Post
    Someone posts their displeasure on the Gordon trade and everyone thinks posting their favourite beer is on topic?

Really?

And not one of you has thought to post......

By far the best beer in this country.
    I did already post that one, see above

As for best beer in the country -- it's definitely one of the best, but it depends on the occasion, what you're having with the beer, etc...

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alixir View Post
    I only drink dark beers, I love dark beers, dark beers are a religion to me and I attend mass everyday and I must say....Muskoka Dark Ale can be compared to drinking a glass of liquified pig shit with hints of chocolate and maple syrup. the stuff is awful.
    This thread may prove to be more contentious than all the Dero threads combined...

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I rate dark beers slightly above raspberry or chocolate beers or English strikers.

In lieu of being able to buy the best wheat beer on the planet here in Ontario

, I happily settle for this: