Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"REBUILD REBUILD REBUILD REBUILD REBUILD"

Sorry...just have to keep saying that so I don't go ballistic on that shower of shite who couldn't muster up the bollocks to show some appreciation for the support we provided tonight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Red Till I`m Dead but this season is yet another train crash

Gotta agree with your sentiments AND at the same time does it really take 5-6 years of team building to perform well & to claim a place in the post season...................I THINK NOT

PURE & SIMPLE................take a quick look at SEATTLE and their situation...I think that says a lot.............

TFC 4 years back-back no play offs................

This season again we`ll miss the play offs..........

Every season has been well supported by TFC fans BUT when will this team ever repay the loyalty shown to them by the most loyal fan base in the MLS.....................

This franchise can only offer up excuses...............it`s time to let the club feel the heat.....................will you buy a season ticket next season and why will you........loyalty is one thing but paying to get no return ( no play offs padded with another dismal season ) is absurd.

I`m Red Till I`m Dead But this season is yet another train crash.

P.S. winning the nutilite doesn`t cut it!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know why TFC central midfielders are afraid to make a run into the box. gets pretty damn predictable working the ball up the wing and launch a hopeful cross into a set opposition defence, esp TFC attackers aren't very good in the air except Gordon. is it me, or nobody seems to make effective late/trailing runs or give options just outside the box from the wing? seems like CMs are ball watching and waiting to react to the cross instead of trying to create space with movements around the box
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm new to the boards but have watched almost every minute of the past 3.5 seasons... there is a system in place and slowly it is coming together, they are playing well and dominated much of the 1st half. The second he was shown the 2nd yellow I turned to my buddy and said - we are going to lose 1 - 0. Before that I was feeling confident but the Sounders buttoned up the hatch and didn't let us build anything up and sure enough scored on a dumb set piece late in the game. Dissapointing, yes! BUT I still always go back to the fact that RSL slipped into the playoffs 2 years ago out of nowhere with a late run and our dumb loss in New York and the next thing you know they are champs and now look unstoppable.
    We have guys that are showing promise and pieces are coming together:
    Frei - as always
    Ecks - at RB is outstanding
    Henry - is only going to get better and with a confident ball handling partner will be under far less pressure to create
    Borman - is young and looks good despite the criticism, he is super young
    Tchani - same as borman, at times terrible but Henry, him and Borman have all shown glimpses of solid play together
    Gordon - up top has followed the trend of so many strikers that have moved through TFC where they were role players until late 20s and became big time rough and tumble strikers
    Depth at wings between Plata, Martina, Stevanivic (all still very young) and even Soolsma.. even if those 4 plus Cordon, Sturgis and Yourass just make the depth of our midfield and wings that is pretty solid...
    We are IMO (and dozens of others that have said the same) a talented Central Defender and a stud AM away from being good. PLUS for the first time ever we have the depth to support it. With the exception of RB I would feel fine with any of the cover we have today if we add those 2 spots during this transfer window and then make a late run and slide into the playoffs...
    cue the "who let the new guy speak"

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

It was a nice night.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interestingly enough I've been watching a few Whitecaps games lately and they seem to have the opposite problems we do. They've found players like Chuimiento, Camilo, and DeMerit who make up the "skilled" portion of their team. Their issue seems to be that the rest of their roster isn't good enough. They kept too many USL-1 quality guys and assumed that would be good enough when it wasn't.

Toronto on the other hand seems to have a large number of meddling average level professionals but failed to identify game changers. Not clear exactly who Winter was counting on to be real catalysts for this team but nobody has done a great job. Stevanovic was probably expected to be one (judging by his pay packet) but he's been a complete bust.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    I didnt' watch the game. Did the team play poorly?
    hey roogsy, here's my story.

- seattle started better, after 6 minutes i could tell it won't be easy.
    - they hit the post on a very nice play, remember it was a huge mistake by one of the defenders, don't want to remember who it was.
    - wasn't worried yet, i knew that a big first effort is draining, and then the other team gets the momentum.
    - which momentum started somewhat, but only to be missleading, meaning that seattle rested while we ran like a headless chicken.
    - all physical contacts were in favour of seattle.
    - everybody in red shirts played plata, plata, plata and then plata, why ? it's not his mandate to solve the problems of mlse before being allowed to smoke or to drink in toronto.
    - the bearer of pele's, maradona's and hagi's number, a catastrophe, but that's not news.
    - playing against ten, we relaxed, so basically we played in 9, i said earlier 8, but hey...
    - we had a chance late in the game, but again, it takes skill or tons of luck to score in a fast paced play.
    - can't remember santos at all
    - all in all, it wasn't bad, we played well against an inspired coach and a stronger team.
    Last edited by alex andrew; 06-18-2011 at 10:14 PM.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Toronto on the other hand seems to have a large number of meddling average level professionals but failed to identify game changers. Not clear exactly who Winter was counting on to be real catalysts for this team but nobody has done a great job. Stevanovic was probably expected to be one (judging by his pay packet) but he's been a complete bust.
    ^this ... imo Winter has underestimated the quality of mls, or at least how difficult it can be, parity, etc ... but as this is a rebuilding year, and with the transfer window coming soon, let's hope he can right the ship (cos that's the only bit of hope i have right now for this season)
    ~ illegitimi non carborundum ~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

can anyone give me any reason why after 4 seasons that I should spend 5 hours of my ^%$^* weekend watching &^%$&* crap week after week after week???????

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I looked up at the start of the game, and Bitchy was looking away from the pitch. Yes, even Bitchy can't stand to watch this team!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Has tfc had a history of picking up anything significant during the summer transfer window? Why does everyone seem to think this year will be different?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    I didnt' watch the game. I was at a family get-together and they're not TFC fans so the Gold Cup game was on instead. So I watched the game in 6 minutes when I got home and it seemed like it was a pretty even game and that a little luck could have changed the game. That Martina opportunity could have given us 3 points. But now that I read the posts, can someone tell me how the team played? The TFC video seemed to show the game pretty even. Until I got on to the board I just thought it was a badluck loss. Did the team play poorly?
    They played as normal. The defence wasn't too bad. henry and Ecks were good. The problem IMO is there is no midfield. They can't take the ball out of defence and they can't support the feeble attack we have. Tonights variation was the Frei long punt to Santos soolsma or the 4ft 2 Plata. I mean like how often is that going to work out for you? Any attack was the equivalent of kicking a ball off a wall and having no-one to kick it back. Yourass and stefanovic are just garbage. They provide nothing to this team. Guys like Plata and martina can provide all the crosses they want but we have nobody that can convert and nobody in midfield that can collect any cleared ball and either shoot or do something constructive with it. Thats where the main weakness in teh team has been all season. All it takes is one slip and the games over. and thats what happened as usual.
    The cordon Sturgis sub was baffling. If it was an injury then fair enough. Subbing Gargan in at the end was utterly pointless.

The only plus from tonights game was that if ever there was proof that we are wasting 1.7 million a season on de guzman it was tonight. Its the same with or without him. So may as well spend it on what we need.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mastermixer View Post
    Has tfc had a history of picking up anything significant during the summer transfer window? Why does everyone seem to think this year will be different?

hmmmm.....interesting. but remember, the smart guys at mlse are all over this now and they will get this mess sorted out asap. you just watch.

remember....all for one.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

TFC is like the gas stations.

You know how the gas stations jack up the price to like $1.40/L and then when the price drops to $1.25/L everyone is happy, yet four weeks earlier gas was regularly a $1.20/L.

With TFC your expectations keep dropping and dropping to the point that when the team wins a match everyone will be praising Jeebus.

I thought TFC was okay and just failed to capitalize a chance given to them by the ref when Seattle went down a man. TFC should have put Seattle away. Instead it just took one moment of brilliance from Montero to seal the deal for Seattle.

As mentioned I thought the midfield was terrible and as someone else mentioned, the Cordon for Sturgis substitution. I thought Sturgis was doing alright and while Cordon is the "future" I thought he was below average tonight.

Oh well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ugh. Where's a good 'ol Vancouver riot when you need one?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    I really wanna know why sturgis got subbed.
    Injured. Winter discusses it in his post-match presser over at TFC-TV.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sigh. Another tough loss. This is a match they should have won, especially since we were up most of the second half.

I'm not sure what to say.
    ¡Vamos Celta!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sturgis was subbed off for potential injury as he was hurting...

i actually thought we played well with 11 and couldn't finish with a man up - we need some leadership on the pitch with a creative attacking mind...hopefully in the window we will sign an AM and striker

i was pleasantly pleased with Henry and dare i say it Harden...the back 4 were not the problem and the mids were ok

for me it was the centre forward and right wing (not enough pace) - nothing was happening with santos

Stevanovic had close to his best game tonight

we need a top 3 that can close it down

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Montero woke up for one moment of brilliance. Hes been very ordinary for seattle this yr
    i was thinking the exact same thing... then the cunt scores the winner

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The abosolute worst thing that they could do right now, is if they fire Aron and Bob...that would be a total wrong move and a disaster!... All that would do is start us from zero AGAIN! I'm sick of starting from zero every fucking year!

I hope they keep this coaching staff for the next little while...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know why TFC central midfielders are afraid to make a run into the box. gets pretty damn predictable working the ball up the wing and launch a hopeful cross into a set opposition defence, esp TFC attackers aren't very good in the air except Gordon. is it me, or nobody seems to make effective late/trailing runs or give options just outside the box from the wing? seems like CMs are ball watching and waiting to react to the cross instead of trying to create space with movements around the box
    I disagree. Yourassowsky, Soolsma, and Stevanovic all love to run into the box (and subsequently fall over and try to draw a foul). I'd rather see more deadly through passes into the box instead.

Also, Henry is a solid defender, young, etc. etc., but he needs to learn to pass.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFCREDNWHITE View Post
    The abosolute worst thing that they could do right now, is if they fire Aron and Bob...that would be a total wrong move and a disaster!... All that would do is start us from zero AGAIN! I'm sick of starting from zero every fucking year!

I hope they keep this coaching staff for the next little while...

They have to. Whether they're shit or not, this club needs stability. If they decide to fire these guys, there will be a mass exodus from BMO. It may happen anyway, but there is a chance most people will have a bit more patience.
    ¡Vamos Celta!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just wanna know how they explain this crap show in a town hall meeting this offseason. Please buy season 6, it'll be craptacular.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yourassowsky needs to STOP diving

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFCREDNWHITE View Post
    Agreed as long as we believe that they are the long term solution...

I want to believe but I'm really not sure...

Andy
    Toronto 'til I die although still a Leeds fan at heart...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It wasn't that bad, an entertaining match even. We clearly need some more attacking options / some else who can play the "Gordon role". Winter's right, they're progressing, it's painfully slow, but it's there.

It will be interesting to see what they do in the transfer window.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cmonyoureds View Post
    I just wanna know how they explain this crap show in a town hall meeting this offseason. Please buy season 6, it'll be craptacular.
    Probably something like this:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by prizby View Post
    yourassowsky needs to STOP diving
    Sorry for the double post. I'm not convinced he is diving, or at least diving all or most of the time. He certainly mixes it up physically, seems to let his temper get the better of him though. To bad he doesn't have much of a shot, there where times he had a lot of space in front of goal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's a diving c**t.... No room for that on the team.. I used to like Yourassowsky but now am growing to hate him..

I feel like flipping a car over and lighting it on fire.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ I think we're in agree to disagree territory here. I think if you go back and look at this game, you'll find that most of the times he was rolling on the ground where genuine.