Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dwaynederosario
    Celtic 2-0 Rangers... 10 minutes ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®

And here is my reply

1. bgnewf
      @dwaynederosario and TFC fans care about this why??? 2 minutes ago via web in reply to dwaynederosario

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The only thing that DeRo will be to Celtic is a fan...don't think they need him now since they signed Freddie.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bgnewf View Post
    dwaynederosario

And here is my reply

1. bgnewf
      @dwaynederosario and TFC fans care about this why??? 2 minutes ago via web in reply to dwaynederosario
    In fairness to him, he does this with most of the major games he watches

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ya...and it's DeRo's twitter account, not a TFC account. He can talk about whatever he likes.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chevy View Post
    Dero is not underpaid
    Based solely on the top ten goal scorers and their goals per game Dero is actually over paid. If you subtract Angel the average salary per goal is about 15,500/
    TEAM - GOALS - Salary - Pay Per Goal
    Chris Wondolowski - SJ - 18 - $48,000.00 - $2,666.67
    Edson Buddle - LA - 17 - $188,448.00 - $11,085.18
    Dwayne De Rosario - TOR - 15 - $443,750.00 - $29,583.33
    Omar Cummings - COL - 14 - $80,250.00 - $5,732.14
    Sebastien Le Toux - PHI - 14 - $122,000.00 - $8,714.29
    Juan Pablo Angel - NY - 13 - $1,918,000.00 - $147,538.46
    Conor Casey - COL - 13 - $350,000.00 - $26,923.08
    Alvaro Saborio - RSL - 12 - $128,125.00 - $10,677.08
    Jeff Cunningham - DAL - 11 - $230,125.00 - $20,920.45
    Kei Kamara - KC - 10 $182,500.00 - $18,250.00
    Fredy Montero - SEA - 10 - $180,000.00 - $18,000.00
    Steve Zakuani - SEA - 10 - $178,000.00 - $17,800.00

I realize this is not the most objective analysis but it is useful to compare the relative value for players in the league.

I agree with De Vos. The fact that Mo brought in two players that didn't work out does not affect how much Dero should be paid. If he feels he can make more I encourage him to look around the MLS. With the exception of maybe Vancouver he is never going to make as much in salary and marketting opportunities anywhere else.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dwaynederosario

And here is my reply

1. bgnewf
    If you don't care about what he has to say, why are you following him on Twitter...???

He talks about a million things on twitter, some being TFC, alot being not about TFC...

Carts...
    "...Money wasn't tight, but it like, it wasn't right..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wull View Post
    In fairness to him, he does this with most of the major games he watches
    Quote Originally Posted by Pigfynn View Post
    ya...and it's DeRo's twitter account, not a TFC account. He can talk about whatever he likes.
    Quote Originally Posted by McCartney View Post
    If you don't care about what he has to say, why are you following him on Twitter...???

He talks about a million things on twitter, some being TFC, alot being not about TFC...

Carts...
    Yeah, seriously...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Carts...
    with all due respect Carts I care a great deal about what he says. Right now he is saying nothing remotely worthy of noting when he has every opportunity to do so.

I frankly want him to speak more, particularly about the the circumstances about him going to Glasgow in the first place and what he plans to do going forward.

My issue is the inane shit on Twitter when the technology allows him to clear the air around him and our club.

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Twitter is set up to be inane. How much substance can you get from a line of text?

Realistically, he probably isn't going to tweet anything of significance as he is essentially in a high stakes job interview.

I'd wager that Celtic is also suggesting that all involved be very careful with their commentary. I haven't seen anything of late from them on how his "trial" is going, rumoured signing or otherwise.

If he doesn't get the Celtic job, his options in MLS are extremely limited now. Dwayne is effectively "all in" and this week essentially dictates his career direction.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good Riddance......So we lose a guy who has been our best player on the park since his arrival by a long long way, but I cant help but think how much of a mega ego, its all about me, prima dona behind the scenes in that time. Ive never liked him on a personnal level and always suspected he was the catalyst for some of the dressing room nonsense over the last few years. This current situation just sums the guy up to me. Hope he enjoys payin aff the wee minks outside Ceptic Park to "look after" his motor...silly man thinks Scarborough is rough...welcome to the depths of hell Dero, enjoy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chevy View Post
    Great blog from Devos on DeRo and market valuation. Hits the nail on the head, particularly the last section.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/blogs/jason...ket-value.html

Dero is not underpaid
    It's really too bad TFC management didn't just man up and tell him this. Instead everyone from Mo Johnston (apparently) to Tom Anselmi (publicly) kept telling him they were open to renegotiation and let this whole thing get out of hand.

Let's hope they bring in professional management and let it do its job.

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

^ did Houston have professional management when Dwayne wanted his contract ripped up there?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    If he doesn't get the Celtic job, his options in MLS are extremely limited now. Dwayne is effectively "all in" and this week essentially dictates his career direction.
    I don't think his MLS options are extremely limited if he doesn't sign with Celtic...

Its professional sports, and personally I doubt Chicago, San Jose, DC United, Vancouver, Portland, Seattle etc etc etc care if he bailed on MLSE...

In all sports, in all pro leagues, there have been athletes who have held out, refused to sign, walked away, given fans the finger, punched a teammate, punched a coach, told their management to F-off, and all of those athletes are picked up by another team...

If he doesn't make Celtic, he'll play professional in the MLS or somewhere else, make the same or more money he made before...

Carts...
    "...Money wasn't tight, but it like, it wasn't right..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsZM2qU1FUE

Hows yer new neighbours DWaayne ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ did Houston have professional management when Dwayne wanted his contract ripped up there?
    I don't know. I know they won the MLS Cup and didn't end up in the middle of an international scandal over "paperwork," so I'm guessing their management was fairly professional.

Atheletes wnat to renegotiate all the time, MLSE own four teams in three sports, it's unbelieveable that this turned into this mess.

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I don't think his MLS options are extremely limited if he doesn't sign with Celtic...

Its professional sports, and personally I doubt Chicago, San Jose, DC United, Vancouver, Portland, Seattle etc etc etc care if he bailed on MLSE...

In all sports, in all pro leagues, there have been athletes who have held out, refused to sign, walked away, given fans the finger, punched a teammate, punched a coach, told their management to F-off, and all of those athletes are picked up by another team...

If he doesn't make Celtic, he'll play professional in the MLS or somewhere else, make the same or more money he made before...

Carts...
    Sure but those athletes aren't necessarily looking to play only for a DP contract.

There are currently only 7 other MLS teams that make a DP part of their roster. He can't go to Seattle as they have 3 already. That leaves 6. Less than 1/2 of the league.

He has limited his options.
    Last edited by Pookie; 01-02-2011 at 02:38 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Carts...

I agree. i think TFC made this personal and most sports teams don't do that, most teams have a "win at any cost" attitude that would have dealtn with the "DeRo situation" a lot sooner. I think Roogsey is right, this isn't really even about money anymore (or more money, it's about a guaranteed contract) and other teams may give him that, or just be more honest and upfront with him and not make promises they have no intention of keeping.

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Again though, he isn't happy with his current contract. Any team that trades for him will get a player that isn't happy with his current contract.

That limits the number of parties willing to go to the dance with him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't you guys think Celtic would have offered DeRo something by now if they wanted him? Look how quick they jumped on Ljundburg.

Even with the complications involved, if they wanted him they would have offered by now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

with all due respect Carts I care a great deal about what he says. Right now he is saying nothing remotely worthy of noting when he has every opportunity to do so.

I frankly want him to speak more, particularly about the the circumstances about him going to Glasgow in the first place and what he plans to do going forward.

My issue is the inane shit on Twitter when the technology allows him to clear the air around him and our club.
    Sorry, you're acting childish. If you don't like what he has to say, ignore him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Again though, he isn't happy with his current contract. Any team that trades for him will get a player that isn't happy with his current contract.

That limits the number of parties willing to go to the dance with him.
    We're speculating, but it's possible that part of his unhappiness with his contract is the way things have been handled. He probably shouldn't make it personal, either, but I find that more understandable coming from a guy with two or three more earning years left in his profession than from management not on the same timeline.

And lots of teams in many sports have taken on players who have had "issues" and not had them repeat. Every relationship is different. This seems like one that wasn't very good from the start and got worse. Other teams may feel (maybe mistakenly, maybe not) that they won't repeat TFC's mistakes and get two more productive years out DeRo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Carts...
    I agree with most of this...

Except for the fact that he will make more money in MLS...

And the fact that you used '...' at the end of everyone of your sentences...

BFin...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bad news for Dero.

Celtic win away today at Rangers 2-0. George Samaras with both goals.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3Or_LUzueQ

Celtic are strongly rumoured to be looking to sell Samaras (he will be out of contract in June), which I'm sure is part of the puzzle re the Dero trial....

but how do you sell a guy who just single-handedly beat Rangers at Ibrox?
    "There are some people who might have better technique than me, and some may be fitter than me, but the main thing is tactics. With most players, tactics are missing. You can divide tactics into insight, trust, and daring." - Johan Cruyff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pigfynn View Post
    Don't you guys think Celtic would have offered DeRo something by now if they wanted him? Look how quick they jumped on Ljundburg.

Even with the complications involved, if they wanted him they would have offered by now.
    Ljundberg was a free agent I believe where MeRo has a contract.

El Patron
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFCRegina View Post
    Sorry, you're acting childish. If you don't like what he has to say, ignore him.
    Ok so then you're hypocritical. If you guys don't like what bgnewf has to say why arent you ignoring him?
    Last edited by Damien; 01-02-2011 at 02:37 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MeRo......classic lollol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Damien View Post
    Ok so then you're hypocritical. If you guys don't like what bgnewf has to say why arent you ignoring him?
    Oh god, take a valium.

El Patron
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFCRegina View Post
    Oh god, take a valium.
    At least you're admitting you're response was dumbfounded.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Bad news for Dero.

Celtic win away today at Rangers 2-0. George Samaras with both goals.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3Or_LUzueQ

Celtic are strongly rumoured to be looking to sell Samaras (he will be out of contract in June), which I'm sure is part of the puzzle re the Dero trial....

but how do you sell a guy who just single-handedly beat Rangers at Ibrox?
    Not great news for the player. The best he and his agent could have hoped for today was a complete disaster on the pitch for Celtic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Damien View Post
    At least you're admitting you're response was dumbfounded.
    My response was awestruck?