Page 14 of 87 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by billyfly View Post
    Arguments between clubs and players happen all the time. Why are people so accusatory at TFC's FO?

They have screwed up many times but this is not one of them by all accounts so far.

Probably because this is one in a long line of FO screw ups (and this one after the email apologies for previous screw ups and town hall meetings) and it also seems like another in a long line of communication problems between the FO and everyone who has to deal with them.

And probably what makes this one particularly annoying is that we were really hoping by now - by this close to the start of the fifth season - the team might be in better shape.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe if the club had the structure where you had a defacto GM super boss like Burke/Collangelo alot of this stuff would not being going on.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beach_Red View Post
    Probably because this is one in a long line of FO screw ups (and this one after the email apologies for previous screw ups and town hall meetings) and it also seems like another in a long line of communication problems between the FO and everyone who has to deal with them.

And probably what makes this one particularly annoying is that we were really hoping by now - by this close to the start of the fifth season - the team might be in better shape.

Sure and I understand this. As a pattern of behaviour. As a individual occurance, TFC acted by all accounts the same way any FO would.

Here's a sales analogy. Here's a quote on what product you want but until I see a Purchase Order (something official) I ain't putting the order through.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bgnewf View Post
    John Molinaro has a great piece up about this.

http://tinyurl.com/3y8z9mq

Here are the key quotes

Cochrane reiterated TFC's stance in an email to CBCSports.ca.

"I was contacted a little more than a month ago by Dwayne and his representative asking if we would entertain a loan or training stint," Cochrane wrote. "We said we would but would need assurances and final sign-off on it — that an agreement would need to be in place that we were comfortable with.

"Dwayne's agent contacted me and asked if we would let Dwayne train [with] a club and we said we would, but again would have to have something official in place that would provide us with some assurances that should Dwayne get hurt we would be covered. They understood that completely.

"I have not received anything official from Dwayne or his agent or Celtic. MLS will reach out to Celtic to clear up this situation and will do what is best for Toronto FC."

Dwayne's older brother, however, tells a different story.

In a phone interview with CBCSports.ca, Mark De Rosario claimed TFC was fully aware that the soccer star had been seeking a trial with Celtic for the past three weeks and that he was granted permission by the MLS club to go to Scotland.

"You just don't pick up and leave when you're under contract to go on trial for another team," said De Rosario, who is also Dwayne's business partner.

"You have to get permission from your club, and my brother isn't going to leave his family on Boxing Day during the holidays to go over Celtic on a whim."

Read more: http://www.cbc.ca/sports/soccer/story/2010...l#ixzz19RYoLrtf

Isn't this therefore the 3rd different story from Cochrane in 2 days?

Yesterday- He's not on trial
    This Morning - We were not informed of him going over.
    Now - We were asked but didn't finalize

Maybe if he stated this yesterday we would have avoided this shit storm.

OK... I think I can state that regardless of Cochrane's next statement I probably am not going to believe him.

Anyway... another classic MLSE soap opera that didnt need to happen.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^Batman, I have been preparing something about Cochrane's handling of this eprisode for another purpose. You beat me to it!

Cochrane's handling of this has obviously been utterly unprofessional, calls into question his integrity, and is embarrassing to the league and the club.
    "There are some people who might have better technique than me, and some may be fitter than me, but the main thing is tactics. With most players, tactics are missing. You can divide tactics into insight, trust, and daring." - Johan Cruyff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^I don't think so.

Yesterday- He's not on trial (he's not on trial b/c I never gave him permission)
    This Morning - We were not informed of him going over. (Holy he went to Scotland. I never gave him permission and he never sent us official paperwork. )
    Now - We were asked but didn't finalize (Now I have to let everyone know all teh details to make sure people know we did not give him permission)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't blame Earl here other then he may have asumed Dero had enough class to get a formal approval. There is a difference between "traing with" and "trialing with". Dero is a peice of shit and should never be alowed on BMO feild again he the best player on a horible team that's a lot like being the hotest chick at an ugly contest!

Let me be clear I think Earl mas naive here but should not be roasted for it, we need to be patient let the MOE Years go and look forward!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^I don't think so.

Yesterday- He's not on trial (he's not on trial b/c I never gave him permission)
    This Morning - We were not informed of him going over. (Holy he went to Scotland. I never gave him permission and he never sent us official paperwork. )
    Now - We were asked but didn't finalize (Now I have to let everyone know all teh details to make sure people know we did not give him permission)
    This is not what Cochrane said yesterday, or this morning.

He's had to put out 3 press releases in 24 hours on the exact same topic.

It may work for you, but it sure as hell won't work for the league!
    "There are some people who might have better technique than me, and some may be fitter than me, but the main thing is tactics. With most players, tactics are missing. You can divide tactics into insight, trust, and daring." - Johan Cruyff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    ^Batman, I have been preparing something about Cochrane's handling of this eprisode for another purpose. You beat me to it!

Cochrane's handling of this has obviously been utterly unprofessional, calls into question his integrity, and is embarrassing to the league and the club.
    How so? The guy was bamboozled by one of his players, plain and simple.

If anything Earl's response today was very professional. He could have came out and totally blasted DeRo and his representatives for leaving the club without permission.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chevy View Post
    How so? The guy was bamboozled by one of his players, plain and simple.

If anything Earl's response today was very professional. He could have came out and totally blasted DeRo and his representatives for leaving the club without permission.
    No. The handling of this was bungled, all the way through. Unless fraud was committed with respect to the papers given to Celtic (ie a forged signature or some such)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is not what Cochrane said yesterday, or this morning.

He's had to put out 3 press releases in 24 hours on the exact same topic.

It may work for you, but it sure as hell won't work for the league!
    What did he say that you think is contradictory?

In communications you try 1) to not give all the dirt or details right away or 2) you spill all the beans right away.

There are different schools on how certain situations should be handled.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No. The handling of this was bungled, all the way through. Unless fraud was committed with respect to the papers given to Celtic (ie a forged signature or some such)

What papers? Did I miss that story/link to a story?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How does anyone know if papers were given to Celtic??? And if there were why would the team say they were unaware in a statement knowing full well that they had documents signed.

Why would MLSE or MLS not release a statement before if this was done properly? Easy Dero is a snake!

He should be released, and let some kid from the acadamy play.

There is no way in hell that the papers existed before and if there are then Dero would be in position to get legal with MLSE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

His brother saying he had permission does not 100% indicate official papers.

For Earl to say "no permission was given" he'd be pretty dumb to not remember signing something.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What papers? Did I miss that story/link to a story?

I have unconfirmed reports that Celtic have documented approval for DeRo.

I don't know where this leaves Chevy's contention that TFC were "bamboozled" or Babone's accusation that DeRo is a "snake".

If this turns out to be true...where does this leave DeRo in terms of what exactly he did wrong?
    Last edited by Roogsy; 12-28-2010 at 06:19 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is all b/c DeRo wants more money after (from all we've heard) being told he'd get more. Dwayne feels disrepected since he feels he is a big part of this team (and I grant him this) so him going to Celtic is forcing the issue.

This does not make TFC look bad and if DeRo doesn't stick with Celtic I am sure another MLS team will take him (but most probably at less vale than we hope)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post

I don't know where this leaves Chevy's contention that TFC were "bamboozled" or Babone's accusation that DeRo is a "snake".

If this turns out to be true...where does this leave DeRo in terms of what exactly he did wrong?
    Evidence please.

Oh yeah, almost forgot. Still waiting for your triumphant "news release" your promised earlier today. Back to the same old "roogsys proprietery information" defense. Laughable.
    Last edited by Chevy; 12-28-2010 at 06:23 PM. Reason: Grammar fail.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We'll most likely never see these documents even if they exist.

The document doesn't even matter to me. What this is is a power struggle. When this happens (like in a marriage) you have to ask yourself if you should bother with the fight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unconfirmed?? Yet the club released an offical statement saying they were unaware. If MLSE has anything going for them I'm sure it's a team of lawyers reviewing all statements regardless of how many released.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

from TFC? from who?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Suds View Post
    from TFC? from who?
    From his 'sources'. Where you been, man?

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How do you have your star player go on trial with another team without granting formal approval first? To the TFC FO and Earl in particular, this is fucking bushleague.

How do you, a team's star player, not wait for your club before you train with another club in another country? To De Ro and his agents, you guys are fucking cold -- but you know what? Business is business, so I wish you good luck. Don't come back now, y'hear?

This is a huge black eye for the FO. The optics of all of this are simply awful: Earl either is a straight-up liar, or he's brutally unaware and negligent of what the team's star player is doing. If you've ever wondered why no one of any heft wants to come play for us, here's your example.

In any case:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow DeRo, say it aint so.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DangerRed View Post
    How do you have your star player go on trial with another team without granting formal approval first? To the TFC FO and Earl in particular, this is fucking bushleague.

How do you, a team's star player, not wait for your club before you train with another club in another country? To De Ro and his agents, you guys are fucking cold -- but you know what? Business is business, so I wish you good luck. Don't come back now, y'hear?

This is a huge black eye for the FO. The optics of all of this are simply awful: Earl either is a straight-up liar, or he's brutally unaware and negligent of what the team's star player is doing. If you've ever wondered why no one of any heft wants to come play for us, here's your example.

In any case:
    I think sometimes this is overexaggerated but who knows?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Evidence please.

Oh yeah, almost forgot. Still waiting for your triumphant "news release" your promised earlier today. Back to the same old "roogsys proprietery information" defense. Laughable.

Do us all a favour Chevy and stop responding to my posts. We can all see that other than showing you the fax itself or the email, you will not accept anything. At this point you either believe my word or not. You obviously do not, but then again, your irrational dislike of DeRo obviously colours that anyways so nobody is taking you seriously. I will no longer be responding to your unreasonable demands because they hinder discussion on the issue. Put simply, I don't have to prove anything to you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What's the more baffling thing going on here...
    That people actually believe that this went on without TFC knowing?
    or That Celtic are interested in a 33 year old who has never played high level football in his life?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From his 'sources'. Where you been, man?
    In defense of Roogsy, several of us (including myself) do have "sources".

Mine is on vacay and is at field level so I can't backup or deny anything in regards to this development.

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by babone View Post
    Unconfirmed?? Yet the club released an offical statement saying they were unaware. If MLSE has anything going for them I'm sure it's a team of lawyers reviewing all statements regardless of how many released.
    The proof will be in the papers. Perhaps there is a trial agreement signed by DeRo or his agent (a waiver of sorts) with Celtic but what is apparently missing is something signed with the holders of the contract, TFC.

I doubt that Cochrane would say ""I have not received anything official from Dwayne or his agent or Celtic." if in fact there is a signed trial agreement between clubs.

Regardless, it's kind of a moot point at the end of the day. Cochrane has said they will contact Celtic and try to work it out.

Clearly, they want to be done with DeRo just as much as DeRo wants to be done with them. This is a good thing for the club and short term it will also be good for the player moving forward.

The sad thing is that DeRo's rep will be tarnished as a result of this and he had the potential to be something inspirational for younger Canadian players.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do us all a favour Chevy and stop responding to my posts. We can all see that other than showing you the fax itself or the email, you will not accept anything. At this point you either believe my word or not. You obviously do not, but then again, your irrational dislike of DeRo obviously colours that anyways so nobody is taking you seriously. I will no longer be responding to your unreasonable demands hinder discussion on the issue. Put simply, I don't have to prove anything to you.
    Don't like me, put me on ignore.

Well, if you had a fax or email you would have CONFIRMED it right? So, where is it? Can't "release it" right?

As for irrationality, look in the mirror bro. Thanks for the character assasination attempt too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    The proof will be in the papers. Perhaps there is a trial agreement signed by DeRo or his agent (a waiver of sorts) with Celtic but what is apparently missing is something signed with the holders of the contract, TFC.

I doubt that Cochrane would say ""I have not received anything official from Dwayne or his agent or Celtic." if in fact there is a signed trial agreement between clubs.

Regardless, it's kind of a moot point at the end of the day. Cochrane has said they will contact Celtic and try to work it out.

Clearly, they want to be done with DeRo just as much as DeRo wants to be done with them. This is a good thing for the club and short term it will also be good for the player moving forward.

The sad thing is that DeRo's rep will be tarnished as a result of this and he had the potential to be something inspirational for younger Canadian players.

Yup. Just like I said in my other posts as well.