Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think something really happened off the field that got Perki fired! I agree Perki should have left the team once the season was over, but I guess people just couldn't stand him at all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by denime View Post
    and you considering yourself as a board I guess.If you go back a year or so you will find out that many members wanted those players.

Offense is producing now because we did not have healthy players in August,we played with OBW and Ibrahim as starters,it has nothing to do with Daso or new system,it more we have all our payers back.
    Ummmmm, I don't consider myself a board and there were naysayers. Irrelevant really because I don't believe that MLSE is making all it's decisions based on the opinions of a couple hundred people.

As for the offense, perhaps you are right. I've said for years that with Barrett in our line up things open up all over the pitch because he makes good runs and exposes defenders. He was out and now is back.

I did mention we need a real system and I don't know if Daso can deliver on that. Get me a proven coach and then they can sack him too, but till then.........

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is no salary cap on a front office. There is no salary cap on scouting. And lord knows TFC has cash.

The coaching and front office positions can be filled with the right people. Of that there is no doubt.

If they are raising prices again, which we all know they are, then put that money into the front office at least and not into some fucking sports bar or condo development
    Last edited by bgnewf; 10-02-2010 at 09:30 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good. TFC needs major changes, more losses equals more changes.

Said it before, I'll say it again, Rafael Carjabal for TFC in 2011.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, how's this for a fittingly depressing article: http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/1110/...h-awful-season

Frei isn't so sure about the plan to keep the current roster together.

"With efforts like this," he said, "I don't think much of us deserve to be here."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bgnewf View Post
    There is no salary cap on a front office. There is no salary cap on scouting. And lord knows TFC has cash.

The coaching and front office positions can be filled with the right people. Of that there is no doubt.
    This is very true! They have the funds to do so but they have a terrible history of finding the right people. They also have to decide that it's actually worth it for them to care about doing so. Will revenues and profits soar with the right GM and coach? Enough to cover the expense of investing in them and development? If not, they are just spending oodles of dough for what? It's a gamble. I'm not sure any of us have the answer to these questions but the brass at MLSE would have a fairly good idea of what they can get out of this club and the market.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    Wow, how's this for a fittingly depressing article: http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/1110/...h-awful-season
    Well i guess we know at least 2 people who are committed to this club and unfortunately, both may be gone next season!

Did anything change since the end of last season?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit_TFC View Post
    There was more TFC people at the game than I expected, small groups of independents, Chad Barrett's relatives from Portland, etc. Unfortunately, although we were in the same section we were sitting at the bottom and they were at the top. Didn't do much chanting but we did sing Dichio at minute 23.

Qwest's Field Turf is completed cashed. They've put on and washed off the gridiron lines so often it has faded the Turf.

As for the game play, the turnovers killed us, plus guys who are usually pretty good, like Cann, were really off today.
    They had a bit of good luck on the first goal as it was offside.

Gargan is the missing D in this shot but the video shows he wasn't a factor.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard View Post
    They had a bit of good luck on the first goal as it was offside.

Gargan is the missing D in this shot but the video shows he wasn't a factor.
    Thanks for that. I figured it was offside & was pissed at the time. By the end of the game, they were just lucky that Seattle didn't score 3 more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bgnewf View Post

If they are raising prices again, which we all know they are, then put that money into the front office at least and not into some fucking sports bar or condo development
    Plus they had three years of profits with one of the smallest front offices in the league, so they really should starry spending the money.

But unlike hockey and basketball they have to compete with the whole world for soccer talent.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beach_Red View Post
    Plus they had three years of profits with one of the smallest front offices in the league, so they really should starry spending the money.

But unlike hockey and basketball they have to compete with the whole world for soccer talent.
    Unlike hockey & basketball they have the whole world to find soccer talent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for that. I figured it was offside & was pissed at the time. By the end of the game, they were just lucky that Seattle didn't score 3 more.
    I have to admit that my eyes were not on the TV at that moment and (frustratingly), the replay showed by the US production crew started well after the pass was initiated so I grabbed this from Game In Six to satisfy my own curiosity.

Hey, what's new. We got screwed again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unlike hockey & basketball they have the whole world to find soccer talent.
    Yes, that's a better way to look at. I have such little faith in these guys, but maybe if they hire a good consultant, a good headhunter, and if they find someone and offer enough money it could work.

An MLS team really can be turned around quickly if it's well-run.

So, this will be the most important decision MLSE will make with this team. Let's hope this time they decide to hire someone with a little experience. Chances are they required the manager of their new sports bar to have more experience than the guy they hired to be the first GM of the team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by King Jeff View Post
    He's quite simply the most blind sheep optimist on RPB forums today.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm the most blind optimist who can actually attend MY Toronto FC games and cheer on MY boys while living in MY city and wearing MY colours...yes, that's right, colOUrs, with an OU.

Can you say the same, TFC_USA?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyBaldX View Post
    I'm the most blind optimist who can actually attend MY Toronto FC games and cheer on MY boys while living in MY city and wearing MY colours...yes, that's right, colOUrs, with an OU.

What the fuck is there to cheer about/for? Really?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyBaldX View Post

Don't play that fucking fan card with me. I do not have the financial means to attend TFC games either in Toronto or on away trips. I watch every god damn game either on television or on a shitty stream where I'm squinting. I cheer this team every game and I want what's best.

But when tough shit happens and this team is a joke why should I continue to invest over 2 hours of my time for substandard play? The only thing I'm thankful for is I don't pay too much to watch TFC (I have FSC + Direct Kick on occasion).This applies to every sport. Look at the NFL, when the Lions are routinely winning 2-3 games out of 16 they don't sell that place out. This applies to any team in any sport, when the team doesn't win they will lose fan support. It's not bandwagoning unless you openly say you're going to be a Crew fan from now on. People spend their money on merchandise, beer, tickets, seats, and I guess car gasoline, to watch this team perform subpar.

If you're going to act like a "I'm a better fan than you" type of person then you have problems extending beyond Toronto FC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    So THAT'S what a full stadium looks like
    I came here to say word for word the same thing. I miss it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If TFC wins their last 3 games, they'll have 40 points, that's one more than last year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If my mother had a penis.....she'd be a transvestite.

We will not win 3 games.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC07 View Post
    I think something really happened off the field that got Perki fired! I agree Perki should have left the team once the season was over, but I guess people just couldn't stand him at all.
    Big fight between Preki and Dasovic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just like Neil Young said:

"I wish I was a trapper, I'd give a thousand pelts" to see TFC in the playoffs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm use to supporting teams that are run very bad TFC and liverpool are the same shit both owner fucked up there teams and supporter's

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nascarguy View Post
    I'm use to supporting teams that are run very bad TFC and liverpool are the same shit both owner fucked up there teams and supporter's

tell me about it

its not been a good year to be a TFC/Liverpool/England supporter.

at least my TM team is in 2nd place. its just fucking sad that the only football team giving me any pleasure is fictional. damn it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LaBrocca's performance was laughable. Just awful. Not even sure he completed a pass.

Gargan is getting worse and worse. He's just a decent bench player. Thats it.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by habstfc View Post
    If TFC wins their last 3 games, they'll have 40 points, that's one more than last year.
    A few weeks ago I was just hoping for a winning season or at least .500. I don't think we'll get that but stranger things have happened.
    What really irks me is that everything is falling into place for TFC through other teams losing or just coming up with one point. If TFC would have just won a few games throughout the season then we would be in a playoff spot.
    My hope is now that we finish ABOVE Philly (the expansion club).

Mikey

Quote Originally Posted by habstfc View Post
    No doubt I will be getting a TFC email with this triumphant headline.....

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    No doubt I will be getting a TFC email with this triumphant headline.....
    LOL. For sure.

I actually wonder if this team can surpass the 2008 point level of 35 points. Never mind 40 points.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No one is forcing you to squint at a shitty stream. If you're committed that's awesome, but this is the second post game thread in a row where you've taken a shot at me and it's twice too many. Just because I'm not calling for the goddamn head of the popcorn guy at BMO or whoever the latest scapegoat may be doesn't make me a blind optomist, and the anger here is making everything overexaggerated. The team as a whole is not bad, it needs a few more pieces, to suggest that starting from scratch again is the only option is moronic; that's how we get here in the first place! Why would I fight on the field for someone I just met, and if I'm the player being traded in, why would I enjoy going to the team where after one year you're either loved or called to die.

You may be supporters but there's more to it then that. All teams small or grand go through hard times. It's why wasting your energy being angry doesn't help. TFC isn't going to become MLS cup champions if you're angry on a forum, or insulting others for not being so.

And I'll say this once more, enough is enough. Stop taking shots at me in public. If you have a problem with me take it up with a mod or PM me and we can work it out like rational people.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by billyfly View Post
    Just like Neil Young said:

"I wish I was a trapper, I'd give a thousand pelts" to see TFC in the playoffs
    Didn't he also write:

"Keep me searching for a playoff game, and I'm getting old"