Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    RPB Member
    Section 112 and Cardinal, Ontario...Yeah, Baby!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nfitz View Post
    LOL, or a home-and-away with TFC academy. They can put Kocic in the net at both ends ...

I'd be surprised if this actually happens though - particularly in a round-robin format. Presumably the format has to go from round-robin to knockout as the number of Level 1 and Level 2 teams in Canada increases ... perhaps it will happen then.
    Kocic does not play for the Academy team...he's listed in the CSL as playing for Serbian White Eagles.
    O, Maple Leaf around the world, You speak as you rise high above,
    Of courage, peace and quiet strength, Of the Canada that I love.
    Remind us all, our union bound by ties we cannot sever,
    Bright flag revered on every ground, The Maple Leaf forever

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Darlofletch View Post
    Rather then playing extra games, can we not just have our mls games against vancouver, and montreal when they join up, count towards the voyageurs cup as well.

we'd still have to play extra games against edmonton, or other non-mls teams that participate, but this would cut down on fixture congestion and be fewer games in the season ticket pack, and with the games counting in two seperate competitions, as wel as for canadian pride, they'd be epic.
    You're making the Vcup less interesting. Right up there with the Carlsberg or Trillium. Keep it seperate. Plus your asking a favour from MLS scheduling and we know how much they like to schedule for us.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by McCartney View Post
    In the end, the $$$ is the same, but giving people more time may alleviate some of the people thinking about not renewing...
    Not necessarily.

Getting renewals paid early = more interest in MLSEs bank account. I wouldn't be shocked if bonuses to ticket reps or marketing people were based on this and paid out of that interest.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Considering they probably earn about 2% interest annually on those deposits, it's not a real significant source of income.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraSuperMegaMo View Post
    Just to go back to the above, I think having the CSL champs. in the NCC would be great, it would give the competition the big team - little team dynamic that makes the FA cup so great.

CSL teams just don't have the budget to fly out West for 2 tournament games....never gonna happen....

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maninb View Post
    CSL teams just don't have the budget to fly out West for 2 tournament games....never gonna happen....
    Not to mention if they miraculously qualified. Dino do you think you could afford to send Milltown to Honduras? I wish CSL was in the NCC but they won't even be looked at under they are more financially secure and they expand out west.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maninb View Post
    could've sworn i read something about the league putting together a fund for the champion to compete in Canada

and fuck if some shit CSL team beats us in the VCup MLSE should be forced to fly them wherever they want

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why don't we wait for the package and pricing details before we fly off the handle about this?

Oh wait, listen to me...

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shakes McQueen View Post
    Why don't we wait for the package and pricing details before we fly off the handle about this?

Oh wait, listen to me...

- Scott
    Because Paul Beirne tweets his arse off so that he can have a good laugh at our speculation.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pachuco View Post
    Because Paul Beirne tweets his arse off so that he can have a good laugh at our speculation.
    I suspect you're not far off the mark, haha.

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Huyton View Post
    Put the scalpers in the North Stand and make the south stand for supporters groups and run by supporters groups.
    No.

There is no way to make that work unless there is one supporters group.

Mikey

The tweet mentioning 18,000 season tickets this year.... Does ML$E know they are looking at a big potential drop in expensive seats? are they opening up the north end as a lower price option to try and keep some of these SSH that are dumping higher cost seats on board? (based on getting some money is better than none)

I'll be surprised if they have 18,000 SSH at the start of next season.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    The tweet mentioning 18,000 season tickets this year.... Does ML$E know they are looking at a big potential drop in expensive seats? are they opening up the north end as a lower price option to try and keep some of these SSH that are dumping higher cost seats on board? (based on getting some money is better than none)

I'll be surprised if they have 18,000 SSH at the start of next season.
    Also a bum in the seat also usually means beer(s) in hand.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kooper View Post
    Also a bum in the seat also usually means beer(s) in hand.
    Correct. The funny thing is that people will pass on the game if it's $15 dollars more then they expected but will then spend 30-40 bucks on beer and merch. It is in MLSE's best business interest to get people in those seats even if it means lowering the ticket price. I don't expect MLSE employees would be nearly smart enough to figure that out though.

I learned this by throwing concerts. Keep the price low and people come in but spent ridiculous amounts on booze and t-shirts even though they would have walked away from the show if it was $5 more.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    I doubt the minimal South End ticket hike has anything to do with the fans..... Does HST apply to the ticket sales for the first time on this renewal? If so, isn't everyone looking at an 8% jump? trying to pile on a typical ML$E gouge on top of that would no doubt get a resounding "fuck NO!" from 50% of the existing ticket base.
    HST is on everything...probably even table dancing
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have 2 STs in 115 and have been on the platinum list for extras since the list was introduced in 2007. I need 2 more STs as I bring Mrs Cityboy and the young hoolies to every match. I sense that people on the platinum and gold lists may get lucky at the end of the season (maybe not in the South stand, but next price bucket up).

For those dumping the expensive seats, I don't blame you. If I wasn't in the cheap seats I'd be doing the same.

Re the concession sales: on the rare occasion that I've bought a beer in BMO, I've not had more than one person in line ahead of me- contrast to 7-8 last season. Likewise the food stands.

I'd be interested to know what % decrease the club has seen in concession sales this season

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jazzy View Post
    HST is on everything...probably even table dancing
    I think I read elsewhere that the 13% HST replaces the 15% entertainment tax (or somrthing like it), so if STs remain same price (yeah I know..)then MLSE is likely still getting extra 2% revenue as the ST prices include applicable taxes.
    I may be wrong here, but that's how I understand it.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dupont View Post
    Correct. The funny thing is that people will pass on the game if it's $15 dollars more then they expected but will then spend 30-40 bucks on beer and merch. It is in MLSE's best business interest to get people in those seats even if it means lowering the ticket price. I don't expect MLSE employees would be nearly smart enough to figure that out though.

I learned this by throwing concerts. Keep the price low and people come in but spent ridiculous amounts on booze and t-shirts even though they would have walked away from the show if it was $5 more.
    ^this....PaulB potential great business mind going to waste here....don't forget if you get youngsters in those seats, there is your potential future market........and the fun factor is huge....note Raptors!...the only reason they are still here is the kids and their noise/ fun in the uppers .....suits just don't support anyone else but leafs, unless they are winning of course.......ya stupid notion, sorry

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC Cityboy View Post
    I think I read elsewhere that the 13% HST replaces the 15% entertainment tax (or somrthing like it), so if STs remain same price (yeah I know..)then MLSE is likely still getting extra 2% revenue as the ST prices include applicable taxes.
    I may be wrong here, but that's how I understand it.
    you sir are absolutely correct, just checked,....at gov't web....thanx..in theory our prices should drop 2 %....so if they keep that, they still can get a slight increase without raising prices........haha I'm full of laughs today.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've got a question: with the MLS schedule being increased from 30 to 34 games, will players actually get PAID more for the additional games they play? I ask this because the MLS schedule was actually reduced from 32 games to 30 games for the 2007 season, and I don't remember reading about players getting a slight pay cut. If players don't get compensated for playing extra games, then TFC SSH packages shouldn't go up by so much as a cent?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Toronto Ruffrider View Post
    I've got a question: with the MLS schedule being increased from 30 to 34 games, will players actually get PAID more for the additional games they play? I ask this because the MLS schedule was actually reduced from 32 games to 30 games for the 2007 season, and I don't remember reading about players getting a slight pay cut. If players don't get compensated for playing extra games, then TFC SSH packages shouldn't go up by so much as a cent?
    No, they don't get paid more.. they aren't compensated on a per game basis.

Here are the relevant passages in the old CBA. Players must play up to 48 games in a season, but CONCACAF wouldn't count:

Section 17.1 Duration of Pre-Season and League Season: The MLS season, from the start of
    pre-season through the MLS Cup, shall be any ten (10) months.

Section 17.2 Pre-Season Training Camp: Except as provided in Section 17.3 below, no
    Team may commence pre-season training camp more than nine (9) weeks prior to the first game
    of the MLS regular season (the “Pre-Season Training Camp Start Date”).

Section 17.3 Number of Games: From the beginning of the MLS regular season through
    December 31, each Team may not play more than forty-eight (48) exhibition (not including
    scrimmage games for which tickets are not sold), regular season and playoff games, and MLS
    will not schedule players for four (4) games in any seven-day period unless such schedule is
    reasonably unavoidable. No MLS Team (not including Reserve Teams) may play a game within
    thirty-six (36) hours after the end of a prior game unless such schedule is reasonably
    unavoidable, in which case no Player shall play in both such games. Games for which tickets
    are sold where players have the opportunity (through guaranteed payments or performance
    bonuses) to earn at least $500, and U.S Open Cup games and other compulsory tournaments
    (e.g., any CONCACAF championships) shall not count toward the 48-game limit. For avoidance
    of doubt, National Team duty (including the senior and youth national teams or Olympic teams
    of any nation) shall not count toward the 48-game limit. Notwithstanding Section 17.2 above,
    during the off-season (i.e., the time between a Team’s elimination from MLS competition or
    victory in the MLS Cup, and the Pre-Season Training Camp Start Date), Players may be required
    to play in matches or to participate in training as long as such matches and training do not violate
    the vacation and time-off provisions of Article 13 herein, or the provisions of this Article 17.
    Last edited by rocker; 09-18-2010 at 02:12 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^Thanks for the info. If players aren't getting paid any more money, then any additional MLS league games should be included in season ticket packages at no additional cost. When it was revealed that the MLS schedule was being reduced to 30 games for the 2007 season, TFC did not reduce its SSH prices, despite the fact that prices were based on a 16-game home schedule.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Toronto Ruffrider View Post
    ^Thanks for the info. If players aren't getting paid any more money, then any additional MLS league games should be included in season ticket packages at no additional cost. When it was revealed that the MLS schedule was being reduced to 30 games for the 2007 season, TFC did not reduce its SSH prices, despite the fact that prices were based on a 16-game home schedule.
    I don't think the other folks who work at BMO on game day would take very kindly to you volunteering their services for free on game day.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard View Post
    I don't think the other folks who work at BMO on game day would take very kindly to you volunteering their services for free on game day.
    Haha, okay you're right on that note. However, the additional two MLS games shouldn't cost as much in proportion to the other 15 home games. How much does it cost to run BMO on game day vs. the cost of the team payroll per game?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The invoice appears on my account manager now.

Its looking like $433 for a south end season ticket.

I'm pretty sure that includes the MLS Cup ticket.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by menefreghista View Post
    The invoice appears on my account manager now.

Its looking like $433 for a south end season ticket.

I'm pretty sure that includes the MLS Cup ticket.

$323 last season for renewel rate i think......considering the strides this team has made in the last four years............i think i just threw up in my mouth..!

Thats a $340 hike on my 3 seats.....NOT HAPPY!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RPB_RED_NATION_RPB View Post
    $323 last season for renewel rate i think......considering the strides this team has made in the last four years............i think i just threw up in my mouth..!

Thats a $340 hike on my 3 seats.....NOT HAPPY!
    Yes, it was $323 last year.

At least the $12 account fee didn't go up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.torontofc.ca/renew/index2.html

here you go...all the info you need.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nuvinho View Post

thanks.

So they took the double-cost friendly ticket and divided it into 2 games, which become league games (which I expected). The Nutrilite games remain at 2 (I guess the format is the same). What they've added is MLS Cup and the playin game for CL and the first group stage game.

22 games.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nuvinho View Post

I think it's kind of funny the "Benefits" link has not info ... so, no benefit to renewing??