Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The true fans!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The only strange thing I found about this game is that only about 5 of the private boxes were in use, the rest of the private boxes were empty, I have never seen this before at a TFC game, the private boxes are always full with people but not for this game most of them were closed with no one in them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This was my first game in the south end in a while. The atmosphere was nothing short of amazing. You take out all of the wannabe fans, posers and fairweather fans and the stadium sounds great. The concentration of hardcore fans and supporters made tonight's game feel exactly the way a TFC game should feel. I don't care if 18k fans showed up tonight, I'll take it over a sellout crowd full of casuals any day.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bloor West FC View Post
    Today was all about the true fans the real fans!!! Most sections today were fantastic!! Section 127-125 were great the entire south end 111-119 was fantastic the feeling the heart pumping the passion was all in the stands today. And this is how it should always be. The supporters sitting with the true supporters!!! TFC were amazing and so were we. This night was epic

Bring it back everyday!
    Goodnight lads
    Cheers
    Frank, I was sayin exactly that to Av after the game! The south end was rockin last night! It was awesome to see all of NEE jumping too!

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Top O the 112 to ya!

First time I've ever left my row 5 seat to hang back in row 11.

It was like an old boys club back there. Very focused on the match and right into the chanting. Loved it up there and will return. Cheers to the guys who didn't mind me being a stowaway in the row!

As for the rest of the atmosphere last night - More proof that all games should have 730 starts. Screw this 3 or 4pm crap.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was able to buy tickets in the south end today for the first time in a very long time. I usually have tickets at midfield. What a difference it is to get to participate in chants and stand for the entire game. I wish I could always have seats there. I wish every supporter could really. It was fucking awesome last night.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Best atmosphere of the year. You guys messed up the massive after the game outside gate 3 though. You have to get people close to fighting each other in a clearly divisible line before you even start counting down...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great atmosphere and a great match. My voice is hoarse today and I was in 105 of all places. Mostly alone in the chants, but I was right there with the south end in many of them since the sound carry was so good. I could tell that there were other people itching to get into it too.

Shows you that when the south gets going with a great unified sound, it ignites not just the players but the rest of the fans. Let's use this as momentum!

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nobodybeatsthewiz View Post
    ...instead of having to worry about which gargoyle moron was going to start some scotts girl chant.
    Craiger's no gargoyle.

I agree that was one hell of a night. Here's a story from the front of 112:

I'm standing in row 5 (I think) right by the railing and getting warmed up on the drum. Two guys come in and are clearly new to the section. We do are thing and chant and sing and it's clear that these guys have never been in the south bunker before BUT they are both trying to sing when it's an easy chant and are bouncing along with everyone. At the half the one guy turns to me and asks "How did these seats ever go on sale?" I explain that it was an additional buy-in ticket so not every grabbed it. He must have been feeling a bit sheepish, as he actually apologized to me for not knowing the chants very well and said that he felt a bit like an "interloper" in the section. I laughed it off and told him that everyone has to start somewhere, and that everyone in the section felt like that the first time. Both of them got into it and I'm sure there's two new people who've caught the TFC bug bigtime. Good for them!
    ///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Everyone brought their A game last night. Lot of the chants were sounding very full!

Props to upper 110. Not sure if that 1 game break was the game changer, but since then, things have been sounding tight!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Sigh...yet another "magical" atmosphere that I missed out on. Seems to be that way with me. Oh well, who am I kidding, I knew the atmosphere was going to be great at this match. Couldn't make it last night for other reasons.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great atmosphere last night....the south end was rocking yesterday!!!

Definitely mad props to NEE as well - they were kicking ass last night.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

had a superb time in 112 last night (row 13) instead of my usual 115seats. Crackin atmosphere and the whole section was rocking.
    Great night!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

last night set the bar in my opinion.

great job everyone

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

More CCL matches!

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was in 115 and it was loud there.

112 was easily heard for the first time in ages in that section. It was so easy to co-ordinate chants and get on the same page.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

112 was the loudest I can remember it, and I don't think I've ever seen 127 bounce like that. Fun times - too bad we couldn't celebrate any more goals.

Also, kudos to the Honduran fan who showed up for his seat in 112 and promptly did this:

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

apparently, the jamblock can be heard in section 223. I like that.

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JonO View Post
    Also, kudos to the Honduran fan who showed up for his seat in 112 and promptly did this:

hahaha... he must have felt a little out of place in there.
    Hopefully he found another place to enjoy the game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

114 was loud and proud...was pleasantly surprised by the turnout and the effort!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JonO View Post
    112 was the loudest I can remember it, and I don't think I've ever seen 127 bounce like that. Fun times - too bad we couldn't celebrate any more goals.

Were there any Honduran fans at the game at all? I think I saw maybe one or two on my way out. I would have expected more.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I only saw a handful...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

there was a honduran fan with his wife and three kids right at the front of 125. Before the game, team reps came over and said hello, so I wondered if he was a travelling fan.
    There were also some Honduran fans right at the front of the north stand, displaying a Honduran flag. I also saw three in 124 before the game saying hello to someone on Motagua.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ochos View Post
    Best atmosphere of the year. You guys messed up the massive after the game outside gate 3 though. You have to get people close to fighting each other in a clearly divisible line before you even start counting down...
    haha...yes but it was impossible to actually be louder then the folks outside of 3 last night. I'm pretty sure everyone still had a blast

Overall fantastic night - well done everyone (especially you mr whoopee).
    My voice is basically shot today I just got out of a meeting where I wrote on the whiteboard the entire time instead of bothered to talk...

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

There were a couple of Honduran supporters who walked right into the heart of 113.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is one thing I would like to see us change in the future:
    After Barrett's goal, we busted out the usual TFC-clap-clap-clap.
    But how difficult would it have been to switch that to Barrett-clap-clap-clap...?
    We are seriously lacking in player chants/songs,
    But something as simple as this would allow us to congratulate goal scorers.
    And it would work with most names on TFC's roster.
    Except for the one syllable names... in which case we could perhaps use their first names.

Know what I mean?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

112 was in decent form last night. I was one of the guys standing on a seat trying to get the crowd more into it around row 16 but it was a little frustating when the RPB capo and the bottom of 112 always wants to do its own thing instead of going with whats happening already. It kills the mood, go with the flow and 112 will be more like last night, with all of us working together.
    Last edited by boomcha; 07-28-2010 at 09:37 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by boomcha View Post
    112 was in decent form last night. I was one of the guys standing on a seat trying to get the crowd more into it around row 16 but it was a little frustating when the RPB capo and the bottom of 112 always wants to do its own thing instead of going with whats happening already. It kills the mood, go with the flow and 112 will me more like last night, with all of us working together.

I doubt the capo's would intentionally try to kill a song that is already started somewhere in the bunker.
    They probably just didn't notice it was happening.
    Unless of course you were trying to sing Oh When The Reds for the 20th time, then I would try to drown that out to!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That slow clap from NEE was amazing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flatpicker View Post
    They probably just didn't notice it was happening.
    Unless of course you were trying to sing Oh When The Reds for the 20th time, then I would try to drown that out to!
    Yeah its possible they didn't notice it I guess.
    Definitely not that song.. just the Woo-ooo-ooo chant.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by boomcha View Post
    112 was in decent form last night. I was one of the guys standing on a seat trying to get the crowd more into it around row 16 but it was a little frustating when the RPB capo and the bottom of 112 always wants to do its own thing instead of going with whats happening already. It kills the mood, go with the flow and 112 will me more like last night, with all of us working together.
    there were a few times when the drummers would pickup on what was happening in the back of 112 and then the capo would hear us and it would spread. the chants seemed to flow from various sections better than usual. And it's not always a case of the capo 'wanting to do his own thing' when he can't hear the chant that's in the back.

We can just make out the chants from row 6, so in row 'zero' it would be almost impossible to hear. That's why people in the middle work well as a bridge to get the chants up front. And believe me, when the middle and the back were on the same page, the capo will pick up on that one.

Another issue is that often 113 is starting something, and the mid/back of 112 is starting something else, so the capo hears the front of 113 before 112 and tries to get 112 on to that chant. It's tricky, but I think the balance was pretty good last night. Certainly the idea that the capo is just ignoring the section's vibe is incorrect -- he'd be in for a lot of frustration is that was the way it was played.