Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice way to punish the fans that actually made the effort to leave an extra 2 hours early just to get to the game. The people that didn't want to try get the free stuff. NICE.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dupont View Post
    The people that didn't want to try get the free stuff. NICE.
    "didn't want to try"?

Nice to knock the fans who didn't have options, buddy!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rocker View Post
    "didn't want to try"?

Everybody has options. If you decide that those options aren't worth the trouble, that's your choice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    Curious side bar, for those that "braved" the G20 traffic issues and made this commitment to get there... why in the hell would half the stadium leave the game in 80th minute, tied 0-0 with the league leaders because of warm rain???
    Probably because it was such a hassle to get into the city, they thought it was a perfect time to leave early to avoid more hassle leaving. ps... i stayed until after the game.

This was the first time I've ever driven to a game (always take the go). I come in from the west along lakeshore so it was no problem, however I did get to experience the parking lot situation for the first time. I parked at Ontario place. It doesn't matter how long you've been in your car waiting... the jackass who shows up to his car 30 minutes after you and is parked where you are driving to to get out thinks he has the right to pull out in front and leave before me? What? So we have all been waiting in line patiently and you show up and are all of a sudden VIP? F*ing dipsh*ts.

Gixmo

Hmm unfortunate....

As for renewing, I'm with many - I'll pick up seats game by game now unless I get what I want in the South

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"didn't want to try"?

I stand by what I said. 18 thousand people still attended the match and those people get nothing. They faced the same challenges that the people that didn't attend faced and yet the only reason they get nothing is because they made the effort to show up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ I agree with you that anyone who really wanted to go, probably could have found a way. I take the GO from Pickering and decided not to go, but I could have taken a Go Bus to York Mills and made my way to BMO from there, either by TTC or getting a ride.

However, not everyone faced the same challenges. Those who could walk did not face the same challenges as those who had to commute from some distance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Carefree View Post
    Everybody has options. If you decide that those options aren't worth the trouble, that's your choice.
    To be honest, this weekend in Toronto - some people didn't have options...

I made it to the game, but only because I live far enough north of all the bullsh*t that I was able to travel around (took a little longer, but it was ok)...

BUT, If someone lives in an apartment right above where the riots were taking place, saying they had an option to walk through the police blockade (when the police made it clear to stay off the streets) to make the match isn't fair...

Saying "...leave earlier..." isn't fair either... I have friends in the area we're talking about, and they said suddenly the rioters were everywhere... They just hunkered down, opened a few bottles of wine and cases of beer and hoped the nutjobs wouldn't storm their front door...

Carts...
    "...Money wasn't tight, but it like, it wasn't right..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dupont View Post
    I stand by what I said. 18 thousand people still attended the match and those people get nothing. They faced the same challenges that the people that didn't attend faced and yet the only reason they get nothing is because they made the effort to show up.
    I'm not gonna walk 5 hours each way. I'm not gonna pay $70 in cab fares. That's unreasonable, and since TFC said "take public transit" to the game in their email about the G20, and my transit was shut down completely, there were no other realistic options. GO was shut down from 3pm. Not everyone has a car. Not everyone lives in Toronto.

The people who attended got what they paid for: a game. I didn't get anything for circumstances beyond my control, despite TFC assurances.
    Last edited by rocker; 06-29-2010 at 03:24 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I drove in from the GBA (Greater Bowmanville Area) and to be honest it was the lightest traffic I've seen in a long time. I had no problem and I parked at Lamport and walked down to BMO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I already purchased tickets to Motagua awhile back and TFC gave me another pair for the game since I didn't go to the LA game.
    they just called me, they would only give me tickets to that game even though i had 4 tickets already, bastards hope i can sell them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it was like grand theft auto for me getting to the game - and i live downtown! wish i was that committed to other things.

i want a comp, a reward a free jersey or something. loyalty should be rewarded here.

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I'm not gonna walk 5 hours each way. I'm not gonna pay $70 in cab fares. That's unreasonable, and since TFC said "take public transit" to the game in their email about the G20, and my transit was shut down completely, there were no other realistic options. GO was shut down from 3pm. Not everyone has a car. Not everyone lives in Toronto.

The people who attended got what they paid for: a game. I didn't get anything for circumstances beyond my control, despite TFC assurances.
    Your decision not to walk 5 hours is yours though.

In any decision, you weigh the investment and the benefit. In your mind, going to see LA play TFC on June 26th wasn't worth the investment. That's fine.

I'd wager that if TFC were playing in the MLS Cup final and the only way you'd get there was to walk for 5 hours, you might make that decision to walk. Just as many of us made the decision to drive 10 hours to New England. Or why folks used to camp out overnight for NHL playoff hockey tickets, etc.

You made that decision to miss the game not knowing that you'd be reimbursed for that decision. You simply didn't see the value in going to absurd lengths to see TFC.

For the most part, it wasn't as if the travel issues were secret. If folks were thinking ahead they might have anticipated that they would have difficulty getting to the game. If the hassel of a long walk, expensive taxi ride, overnight hotel at the Sheraton on Lakeshore, or other inconvenience outweighed the desire to see TFC play LA they could have simply sold their tickets in advance.

Again, it comes down to the value of the game vs the investment of your resources. You deemed it not worth it.

I think it's good on the FO for making this gesture but to imply that people were handcuffed without options is simply wrong.
    Last edited by Pookie; 06-29-2010 at 04:09 PM.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I enjoyed a pleasant, incident free, 45 minute summer stroll down to the stadium, but fuck it why not, I also want compensation. I'll take a free poutine at the next game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by James Oliphant View Post
    The Jays moved because Union Station was at a high risk of being shut down during the summit. Union Station is the hub through which probably 80% of their meagre attendance comes.

TFC didn't move/re-schedule because they were given assurances that only Union Station would be shut down and that Exhibition was far enough outside the red zone that it wouldn't be affected by closures/re-routes. That information changed on Saturday afternoon, despite those previous assurances.
    and this is the key. things changed in the afternoon that turned previously reported open stations into closed ones. i can understand some anger to those of us who benefitted by getting a ticket to the Montagua game, however in the end the FO are between a rock and a hard place. actually, its a good news bad news thing for me. because i'm an idiot, i actually forgot to book my ticket for the Montagua game, so i have been given a second chance. the bad side....i missed my first TFC home game

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MLSE was also running a concert at the ACC that they didn't cancel until the absolute last minute so I'm not buying this excuse.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC placed an ad in today's Toronto Sun to thank all of those who made it to the Galaxy game.

We got there 3 hours before game time.

I think all SSH should receive credit for that game, not just those who did not attend.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by menefreghista View Post
    MLSE was also running a concert at the ACC that they didn't cancel until the absolute last minute so I'm not buying this excuse.
    It's not up to MLSE to cancel concerts in their venues...it's up to the promoter who booked the venue 6 months prior to that.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Got the email and will pick up them tickets up....Free is always good.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

tfc fo literally does not care about the supporters (the ones who will take that 60 dollar cab ride or brave the riot police to see their team) and they will always suck the dick of the fat business man who can rattle off the contents of his stock portfolio but can't name a single player on the team

this will be the truth, for now and forever

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    Your decision not to walk 5 hours is yours though.

In any decision, you weigh the investment and the benefit. In your mind, going to see LA play TFC on June 26th wasn't worth the investment. That's fine.

I'd wager that if TFC were playing in the MLS Cup final and the only way you'd get there was to walk for 5 hours, you might make that decision to walk. Just as many of us made the decision to drive 10 hours to New England. Or why folks used to camp out overnight for NHL playoff hockey tickets, etc.

You made that decision to miss the game not knowing that you'd be reimbursed for that decision. You simply didn't see the value in going to absurd lengths to see TFC.

For the most part, it wasn't as if the travel issues were secret. If folks were thinking ahead they might have anticipated that they would have difficulty getting to the game. If the hassel of a long walk, expensive taxi ride, overnight hotel at the Sheraton on Lakeshore, or other inconvenience outweighed the desire to see TFC play LA they could have simply sold their tickets in advance.

Again, it comes down to the value of the game vs the investment of your resources. You deemed it not worth it.

I think it's good on the FO for making this gesture but to imply that people were handcuffed without options is simply wrong.

And if you can't walk for 5 hours, you can rent a helicopter and land at Ontario Place and walk from there. Geeeze man, these are YOUR decisions and YOU made them

I too missed the game because they shut down the GO and TTC My decision to be pissed off that they shut down the Go to Exhibition

Bones...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This thread would be easier to read, if it had been difficult to drive, or take TTC to the game.

Most people are saying the driving was easier than usual. And I found the TTC working very well ... the BD line was quieter than usual, and the Ossington bus to the game was fine; as was the Dufferin bus from what I hear.

Anyone without a vehicle who was in 905, and relies on transit was screwed (and I've heard about an octogenarian for which this was true) ... but it's not like it was that difficult to get to the game (though I hear for those on Dufferin getting home wasn't as smooth ... but there didn't seem to be that bad a line-up for the temporary Bathurst bus going home, and the Ossington bus wasn't even full after the game).

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I made the game but was bunkered down in my brothers condo at Wellington and John St for most of what was really a surreal weekend, I completely understand why no one would want to walk into that shitstorm. We just walked along a pretty empty King Street as by then the Police was keeping the mess mostly north of us by then.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm one of the ones who took the hard way to BMO, pocket book and time-life wise and I would do it again.
    The only thing that ticked me off was that they were gong to give people a ticket to another game only "for those who couldn't make it".
    As I have a ticket for the game on the 27th, the only game ticket you get compensation for I don't feel so bad, sort of.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What about those people who couldn't make it and gave their tickets away?? they lose out too

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got 2 tickets as a goodwill gesture from the team. I sold them. There's my compensassion, problem solved.

Stop the whinning, it's getting old......again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I left for the game four days before it started because I knew there would be problems. I only has my ticket on me and a piece of old bread as I thought I could get mugged so I took no money. After day 1 the bread was gone, a bird swooped and stole it from me as I slept inside a plastic bag outside BMO field. I had no more food and starved for three further days, scavenging the bins and competing with wild, rabid dogs for scraps of food from passers by. I drank from puddles and openly urinated myself as I did not want to be arrested for peeing in public. It was all worth it in the end though as I got to see the game, I would do it again if I had to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now that's the spirit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks TFC for my 4 free tickets. Sold them for $100.00

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eastend View Post
    I got 2 tickets as a goodwill gesture from the team. I sold them. There's my compensassion, problem solved.

Stop the whinning, it's getting old......again.
    FUCK YOU; GOT MINE ~ some guy