Hybrid View

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

recently, the KC Wiz owner said the prob with south america is all the corrupt agents and contracts down there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rocker View Post
    recently, the KC Wiz owner said the prob with south america is all the corrupt agents and contracts down there.
    I think that is generalizing . Not all agents and contracts are corrupt eighterwise how is it that there are already so many CA and SA players already in our league..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gtaguy View Post
    I think that is generalizing . Not all agents and contracts are corrupt eighterwise how is it that there are already so many CA and SA players already in our league..
    I wrote "all the corrupt agents" (as in, the many of them) not "all agents are corrupt". So no generalizing.

Anyways, I was referencing what the KC owner said about the great difficulties with contracts and signing players from down there. I've also heard the same from other teams. In other words, it's very difficult to sign someone legitimately out of South America. In KC's experience, they've also had problems with greedy agents down there who agree on salaries and then turn around when it's contract signing time and demand significantly more. The KC owner even said they have a list of 100 players they are eyeing right now around the world. This was on the KC game broadcast right before the World Cup break.

Also, people need to realize that CA and SA are not gold mines of talented players who are sure things for success. Just today I believe MLS teams released 2 or 3 Salvadoran players. Argentine players have been hit and miss in MLS (particularly in DC United's experience lately).
    Last edited by rocker; 06-30-2010 at 05:34 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rocker View Post
    I wrote "all the corrupt agents" (as in, the many of them) not "all agents are corrupt". So no generalizing.

Anyways, I was referencing what the KC owner said about the great difficulties with contracts and signing players from down there. I've also heard the same from other teams. In other words, it's very difficult to sign someone legitimately out of South America. In KC's experience, they've also had problems with greedy agents down there who agree on salaries and then turn around when it's contract signing time and demand significantly more. The KC owner even said they have a list of 100 players they are eyeing right now around the world. This was on the KC game broadcast right before the World Cup break.

Also, people need to realize that CA and SA are not gold mines of talented players who are sure things for success. Just today I believe MLS teams released 2 or 3 Salvadoran players. Argentine players have been hit and miss in MLS (particularly in DC United's experience lately).
    sorry rocker wasn't trying to attack you . I do agree that in CA and SA there are crooked agents and will always try to get more. Still this should not stop teams from looking and trying..

as a note about players i do believe the colombians that have entered the league have been good players and have proven it with results..

montero, angel, ferreira, olave, toja, conde, hurtado, and soon to play montano, I guess it always a hit and a miss when you sign players.