Quote Originally Posted by FootBallAZ View Post
we all are dreaming.

To be fair- MB hasnt been the same player since his ankle injury in the finals- instead of handicapping the team/city he loves so much- he should realize and do the honorable thing.
I don't put that on the player, I put that on the coach. A player should always feel like they're pushing to show they belong on the field. It's up to the coach to make the decision. I don't think Bradley will sulk if moved to a sub role, but it's the coach's responsibility to put him there. When Perez subbed him out, Mike was right on the bench positive and supporting his team. I feel like he'd do the same thing now if he got subbed out, since he's a team-oriented player, but it's on BB to do that. He's had no issues subbing out and replacing others, but he needs to be able to do that to his own son.

(As an aside, I played with a few different coach's sons as a kid. And I clearly remember that the most talented coach's son I played with happened to be the only one that the dad did not name captain and would actually get subbed out if the game called for it. Bob refusing to sub out his aging son at any point [even during a blowout] is an amateur coach move, not a pro coach move. I'm not against MB playing, I feel he can still play important roles in situations, but a quality pro coach needs to recognize when and where each player should and should not be playing, and a 35 year old playing every minute is not that).