New year, new team (sort of) and time for a new set of prognostications. I'm vaguely confident that our defense will be better than it was last year, but I feel that it might take some time to gel and I expect us to drop a number of points in the first few weeks. I'm also really leery about our mediocre midfield and I expect there will be more points dropped here as we won't be able to effectively link the back to the front. The one place I'm not too concerned about is getting goals. the players we have can surely score, but they'll need the service, which I'm not sure they're going to get. Add any injuries and I expect the season to be hosed due to the lack of depth.

Here is the link to our guesses from last year:
http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/showth...or-TFC-in-2022

I think management's plan is to muddle along the first half of the year and try to be at least within striking distance of a playoff spot, then add mid-season replacements to shore-up the (by that time) proven weak spots and inevitable injury replacements in the roster with Champions/Championship League quality during the summer transfer window. They will then either go on a tear and end up with a home field playoff match (assuming MLS come to their senses and don't change the playoff format), or they will get the wrong pieces or fail to make their desired signings and panic buy, missing the playoffs. I'm of the opinion they will fall somewhere in the middle, probably somewhere on the playoff bubble.

This poll will be open for a month, then we'll be locked in to our forecasts for better or for worse. Have at it, people!