Threaded View

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Take that with a grain of salt

Doyle also says Bono's a "solid veteran" who is having the greatest year of his career & thinks Oso only started playing well once the Italians got here.

I like Doyle as he sees deeper then many league wide analysts do but because he is a league wide analyst, he only can see so much at each time within the schedule. He also has a lot of recency bias - this comes from being primarily a content provider.

I also have noticed that only local journos know what local managers discuss - there is not a league wide analyst who seeks out weekly manager interviews. This likely comes from how little most markets get in this regard.

I trust Kilbane's assessment of Bono where he openly said last week the team should be looking for an upgrade in goal next year (and in CB's). Kilbane is responsible for seeing TFC, Montreal & Vancouver each week & the rest of the league just to assist in how to see TFC, Montreal & Vancouver. That means he can see more depth & flow to a player within the season of the team.

[edited to remove off-topic discussion]
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 08-13-2022 at 12:26 PM.