Threaded View

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    I am left with the feeling the MLSE Board is asleep at the wheel here. The investment in the team is really commendable. What are they getting back? And why are we doing the equivalent of handing over the keys to our Ferrari to a couple of bus drivers? High quality management is the cheapest expenditure in this whole project. Find people with a vision that matches the budget, not these guys.
    I think this is the crux of the matter for TFC.

MLSE being a billion-dollar corporate entity, and also owning The Leafs and the Raps plus the Argos, TFC and the Argos being the 3rd and 4th fiddle in this sports team's quartet, but this 3rd fiddle is considered very far as importance from that 2nd fiddle (the Raps). This is why I think if results are not proper compared with the investitions, too much time (2-4 seasons?) need to pass for the upper MLSE management to look seriously at TFC, and take radical measures themselves (like replacing Manning for ex.).

TFC's parent being such a corporate entity is really a double edged sword: yes, they invest in the team, they will always be probably among the biggest 6 spenders in MLS, but they will never care that much about the results corellated with this spending as would a company, or a person (some billionaire) who would own just a single major league sports team.
    That will just never happen.

Once (maybe 1 year ago) I posted that if we look at spendings on everything which is TFC, our team is the biggest underachiever in MLS since it's existence. The majority of those who expressed their views on my post, said that's not true.
    But I am still firmly holding that same opinion.
    Last edited by PizzaEatingYeti; 06-21-2021 at 08:32 AM.