Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
Nope. None of that is right. Sorry, I respect that a lot of people feel this way.... but no way.

This deserves its own thread, it's really bugging me.

You know, when England went out in penalties in 1990, they had a parade for them. When France lost in penalties in 2006, they had a parade for them.

The reward for these guys was to play Chicago 60 hours later on a crap field, and then get the gears when they could only manage a draw.

They were the better team in both those games lost in penalties. Way better.

OK we “lost”. But of all people, WE should undersand what happened, and who we are.

TFC are the two time champions, and Concacaf champions, for me. We didn’t lose the games, we lost the coin flips.

I don’t care that the record book doesn’t show that, or that the general public doesn’t get that.

I think they will win tonight, actually, but I don't “care” what they do tonight, or really any night, for a while.

This group have more than rewarded our undying support, and I feel a glorious buzz just being associated with them, sink or swim. I'll let Vanney/Bez have the nervous breakdowns- I am just going to enjoy a great team.
I couldn't agree more with everything you say up to "....and who we are."
I was close to tears the night we lost the shootout in the CCL, not because they didn't get the trophy, but for how incredibly proud I was of the team, even in defeat.
Against all odds, they left their balls on the field that night, and win or lose, that is worth all the praise that could be given to them imo.

But just like Giovinco not understanding the presentations at the first home game this year because "this is a new year", I am basing my expectations on what the team expects for themselves.
This isn't a group that went all in for a season with the hope of taking everything then burning the house down; this is a group that made it clear they want to do whatever it takes to be a contender year in, year out for as long as they are together.
And for me, to have the team miss out on the playoffs, when they have such ambitious goals for themselves, it would come off as disappointing.