Quote Originally Posted by General Woolfe View Post
I'm watching the US v Mexico game at the moment and it's a bit of a physical affair. It is making me wonder if we should rest either, or both, Bradley and Altidore in the first leg against Montreal and play for a draw. If we can emerge from the big O on level terms it would give us a great chance at home of getting the result which would carry us into the final.

I would acknowledge that it's as a very risky decision. However Montreal have played a counter attacking game throughout the playoffs and they might find it difficult having to take the game to the opposition who have essentially parked the bus. In doing this they might well leave gaps for a fast attacker like Tostain Ricketts to exploit. I think sitting Bradley would be the greater loss of the two, but in Benoit Cheyrou we have a very experienced player who might well prove to be an adequate replacement in a one-off game.

The main reason for this suggestion is the fact both Bradley and Altidore have played 4 games in 17 days (or 5 in 20) and could well be in need of a rest to be at their best. Another consideration is that both are a caution away from missing the home leg, something which could prove disastrous.

Is this a realistic consideration, or do we go all out in the manner that's served us so well this far?
Couldnt disagree more, the club has come this far and experienced and key players like Bradley and Altidore know what games like this mean. Get in there and play for the 3 points to shut up Montreal infront of their home crowd and give us away fans something to party about!